Still too fast.

the sound of reloading doesnt match the animation

Not sure if this is related to graphics settings, but when I reload the PDW, the semi-transparent parts of the grip and magazine become blue in first person. Anyone else get this?

Yep, seeing this, but it's a wierd one, and only appears to happen when the players POV has a portion of sky in view.

Zn4zPYhK.jpg ap7wllYv.jpg

Tweaked: Increased the time of reloading Mk18

Is there a reason why it seems to be taking forever to make this one animation? This is like the fourth time it has been 'tweaked' in about a month, and it's still not right. It's not a big deal, just curious.

Found a new script command - addWeaponItem. If you have several same weapons (one of them in hands). Will it add magazine to weapon in hand only?

Has anyone else noticed an issue that vehicles have default sides, which then get classed as friendly kills?

E.g. using the FIA Offroad (Armed), placing an empty one (calling it testUnit) then filling it with crew of side east. As a player you are blufor, and it's easiest to use a tank.

using "side testUnit" will correctly return east, but when killing it, you get a friendly kill and become a renegade, effectively buggering a mission. I can work around with this using an addRating event handler but it seems really unnecessary.

EDIT: Actually I've realised it's an issue when the enemy crew dismount and the vehicle becomes empty, if you kill the vehicle while it's still occupied by the enemy then it counts as an enemy kill.

hi,

Do you know if c# dll are support in the last release ? if not is it possible to support it ?

This is already possible and it's planned to release an example in Arma 3 Samples (soonTM)

It's now available on the dev branch of the samples  :292:

• Like 1

arma3 does not start for me after last dev upate. get error unable to init dxgi.

ignore. a reboot solved the issue.

Still too fast.

It seems the intended change actually didn't make it into the Dev-Branch. Should be in the next update.

the sound of reloading doesnt match the animation

Yes, we're aware of it, it will be adjusted.

Is there a reason why it seems to be taking forever to make this one animation? This is like the fourth time it has been 'tweaked' in about a month, and it's still not right. It's not a big deal, just curious.

In this particular case, several separate things are going on. The hand animation, the model config animation of the gun, and the sound. Also, we're actually increasing duration of the reload, so it has to be considered, as well. Despite the change is small and the overall amount of time needed is not big, several people cooperate on that as their workload and other tasks' priorities allow. Last but not least, please note we're talking the Dev-Branch; many WIP changes are put there, so you can see the progress, provide feedback, etc. So it's kinda natural you witness some iterations, unfinished work, and such. :)

• Like 3

I asked Lord of Bounce and he assured me that this is how this works in real life too.

• Like 9

Hiya,

Getting masses of errors with my campaign in Dev Branch and lots of my scripts have stopped working - though it's all running fine on Stable(!). Here's a snippet from my RPT - has some scripting changed or did I miss something? Seems to be expression related...

{
_X hideObject true;
_X enableSimulation >
22:23:25   Error position: <_X hideObject true;
_X enableSimulation >
22:23:25   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
22:23:25 File Resist\missions\M_02.Altis\init.sqf, line 148
22:23:25 Error in expression <_Romeo = Romeo;
_Kuma = Kuma;
_Gorgon = Gorgon;
_Zamak_A = Zamak;
_Zamak_B = Cov>
22:23:25   Error position: <Gorgon;
_Zamak_A = Zamak;
_Zamak_B = Cov>
22:23:25   Error Undefined variable in expression: gorgon
22:23:25 File Resist\missions\M_02.Altis\init.sqf, line 45
22:23:25 Error in expression <, 2, 20]}
}
];

Hiya,

Getting masses of errors with my campaign in Dev Branch and lots of my scripts have stopped working - though it's all running fine on Stable(!). Here's a snippet from my RPT - has some scripting changed or did I miss something? Seems to be expression related...

Is it with all scripts or only some specific ones? I ask because the errors you linked are only from init.sqf.

Hi, can you show there the code where you call the hideObject and enableSimulation commands. Looks like forEach cycle... Do the objects you store in the array exist?

Is it with all scripts or only some specific ones? I ask because the errors you linked are only from init.sqf.

Hi, can you show there the code where you call the hideObject and enableSimulation commands. Looks like forEach cycle... Do the objects you store in the array exist?

Hiya guys,

thanks for the speedy responses!

I hope you don't mind the long post - if you want me to condense it or remove it, please just let me know! :)

here's my Init.sqf (it might not be well optimised, but it's been working):

I'm also getting a message 'Cannot Load Mission'.

At present, it seems to be linked to the init.sqf and it's preprocess files - though I need to do some further tests.

There's plenty of objects that exist (for instance, everything under // vehicles etc.), and there are some spawned bits in the preprocess SQFs, which seem to be causing problems. I'm positive it's not because anything in the arrays doesn't exist, because it all works perfectly on Stable Branch.

One important part to add, this mission is the second in the campaign - I haven't had problems with the first mission yet, which has a similar layout. I'm going to run some tests today, and see if the errors occur in the editor, when I preview the mission on its own, outside the campaign structure. 

I did notice a whole bunch of error messages once the second mission was actually in progress, but I need to check to see if these were because items in the init.sqf had not completed properly, or did not spawn.

EDIT: Just tried the mission in the 2D editor - no scripting errors - seems it's definitely confined to the campaign structure. It's almost as if the init.sqf, and the preprcoess SQFS, are running before anything on the map exists.

EDIT: Created a ticket, and added links to my RPT and all the mission scripts: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26427

Deleted this long post as problem was a corrupted mission file. 

It's now available on the dev branch of the samples  :292:

ok then i checked for it. When i use the vanilla sample directory relative to console, compile .dll, it doesn't work .

When i copy paste the console code, in my own project template, compile it and launch it throught arma, it works.

I had the same problem with another external previous example, i just used a external projet, it doesn't work too, until i rebuild it from scratch and copy / paste the code in a new project.

I don't understand why in some case, it works , in other, don't. I compare compilation parameter it seems to be the same. Perhaps its relative to reference ?

Also, not sure if it's relevant, but getting spammed with 'planning mode' and 'side !!! / side 63' in the RPT:

22:22:10 planning mode
22:22:10 Unexpected mode
22:22:57 EPE manager release (0|120|0)
22:23:02 Warning Message: Cannot load mission
22:23:03 Side !!!
22:23:03 Side 63

ok then i checked for it. When i use the vanilla sample directory relative to console, compile .dll, it doesn't work .

When i copy paste the console code, in my own project template, compile it and launch it throught arma, it works.

I had the same problem with another external previous example, i just used a external projet, it doesn't work too, until i rebuild it from scratch and copy / paste the code in a new project.

I don't understand why in some case, it works , in other, don't. I compare compilation parameter it seems to be the same. Perhaps its relative to reference ?

I double checked and every references are relative and correct. Does this happen with other projects from this solution (bi_SysDate*)? One difference between your project and the original one might be the "TargetFrameworkVersion" which is 4.5.1 on my side.

22:22:10 planning mode

22:22:10 Unexpected mode

22:22:57 EPE manager release (0|120|0)

22:23:02 Warning Message: Cannot load mission

22:23:03 Side !!!

22:23:03 Side 63

The 'EPE manager release' led me to the cause - somehow I got a corrupted mission file!

Issue resolved!

I double checked and every references are relative and correct. Does this happen with other projects from this solution (bi_SysDate*)? One difference between your project and the original one might be the "TargetFrameworkVersion" which is 4.5.1 on my side.

there is a problem in Bi console example, you should correct this part

namespace bi_Console

{

public class DLLEntry

{

i also change the path ..\bin\Debug to bin\Debug

clean all the tempfile in bin\Debug, recreate the project and it seems to works.

there is also a problem with the project bi_sysdate, i deleted it

here the error message, i think it s a c++ or c project ?

"Le projet 'bi_sysDate' n'a pas pu être chargé, car il manque des composants d'installation. Pour y remédier, lancez le programme d'installation de Visual Studio en effectuant les sélections suivantes :

Installer les outils Visual C++ 2015 pour Windows Desktop"

That's weird because everything works on my side (tried on multiple workstations), I can compile and use everything like shown in this screen: http://tom4897.info/tmp/extension_output.jpg

I even tried to play with multiple calls ("bi_console" callExtension format ["Time: %1", "bi_sysDate" callExtension "time"]) and it works as designed.

I can explain the (potential) issue with the namespace because it differs from the default one however I can't explain why VS complains about the toolkit because everything has been written, tested and compiled with the toolkit 120. Could you give it another try and send me the output from the compilation (from both configurations release and debug)? Which version of VS are you using?

Ps: bi_SysDate is a C++ project.

The 'EPE manager release' led me to the cause - somehow I got a corrupted mission file!

Issue resolved!

Glad to read you've found the issue but I'm curious about the reason of the corruption, any idea?

Glad to read you've found the issue but I'm curious about the reason of the corruption, any idea?

Hiya Matey,

I noticed the corruption when I made the switch from stable to development branch - must have been something in the transition, I guess - really odd. I still have the faulty file somewhere, and it still doesn't work - fortunately, I had a back-up version which I swapped it with :)

That's weird because everything works on my side (tried on multiple workstations), I can compile and use everything like shown in this screen: http://tom4897.info/tmp/extension_output.jpg

I even tried to play with multiple calls ("bi_console" callExtension format ["Time: %1", "bi_sysDate" callExtension "time"]) and it works as designed.

I can explain the (potential) issue with the namespace because it differs from the default one however I can't explain why VS complains about the toolkit because everything has been written, tested and compiled with the toolkit 120. Could you give it another try and send me the output from the compilation (from both configurations release and debug)? Which version of VS are you using?

Ps: bi_SysDate is a C++ project.

i can not compile it , cause the sysdate project can not be loaded (missing vc++ tools 2015) :) i use Visual studio 2015 community

you should separate the c++ project and c# projects.