After today dev-update my steam freezing when i try start arma. I try verify integrity of game cache but not help. 

Could you try to run the launcher directly from the install directory of Arma 3 and see if it's working?

Could you try to run the launcher directly from the install directory of Arma 3 and see if it's working?

I noticed if I open the arma3.exe it'll crash with some geometry dx11 error. Launcher works fine though.

Only arma3.exe  working that way but Arma3Launcher.exe  keeps loading and not open.

After todays dev update my game crashes as soon as I press the key for selecting all my team members (^).

Edit:

It also crashes, when selecting a single team member via the function keys.

(I am playing SP missions in the 2D editor.)

Edit:

Still 100% reproducible today.

This does _not_ seem to be related to mods.

Hardware:

- GeForce GTX 970

- MS SideWinder X6 Keyboard

Only arma3.exe  working that way but Arma3Launcher.exe  keeps loading and not open.

Could you please, open a new FT ticket including the logs from the launcher? (in %userprofile%AppData\Local\Arma 3 Launcher)

• Tweaked: There were a couple of instances in which allMissionObjects was used instead of entities (which is faster)

Things like that are really good to know, would be great if someone could add a note to the wiki about that.

Edit: I've just compared the speed of both commands on an empty map

0.00329895 ms => entities "";

2.35527 ms => allMissionObjects "";

Another one?

You got me there, I completely missed it, even though I was looking for the note :face_palm:

Is anyone else finding Radio Triggers are no longer working?  In a bunch of old missions I've made where I have multiple Radio Triggers set, I can't pull up the Radio (0) menu.  And yes, I'm showing a BIS radio in my inventory.

talking of ctd's. i've given up trying to play for a while now. getting error and crashes quite often.

https://imgur.com/FTWk6mm

EDIT - crashes every time. not instantly. but eventually. whether in campaign or mp or an editor map.

Extensions:
Distribution: 0
Version 1.55.133446
Fault time: 2015/11/22 15:27:34
Fault address:  00B64865 01:00173865 D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
file:     aas%20test
world:    Stratis
Prev. code bytes: 01 38 00 8B 4E 0C 85 C9 74 09 8B 41 10 83 C1 10
Fault code bytes: FF 50 08 F6 44 24 08 01 C7 46 0C 00 00 00 00 C7

Registers:
EAX:00000000 EBX:00000001
ECX:5829D59C EDX:57F8D248
ESI:06DD2598 EDI:00000000
CS:EIP:0023:00B64865
SS:ESP:002B:008BEF4C  EBP:3187E548
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010206

Is anyone else finding Radio Triggers are no longer working?  In a bunch of old missions I've made where I have multiple Radio Triggers set, I can't pull up the Radio (0) menu.  And yes, I'm showing a BIS radio in my inventory.

Yes yes yes... not just radio, but F1-F12. I thought it was my Mod that is crashing, took me the whole afternoon to troubleshoot, should have checked this thread sooner. Hope it is fixed soon. Peace out!

ZAFIR and MK200 BUG

Reloading on empty mag, the ammo belt are popping in. Not happens on new dlc MGs.

You mean the game CTDs? Should be fixed on Monday

Yes yes yes... not just radio, but F1-F12. I thought it was my Mod that is crashing, took me the whole afternoon to troubleshoot, should have checked this thread sooner. Hope it is fixed soon. Peace out!

No, it's not crashing, it's just can't be selected (the "0" is grayed out).  I haven't had crash issues with either calling a radio trigger or selecting squad units (F1-F12).

No, it's not crashing, it's just can't be selected (the "0" is grayed out).  I haven't had crash issues with either calling a radio trigger or selecting squad units (F1-F12).

Normal radio would work if without any mods. You can try go into editor and place a radio trigger on the map and preview the mission. Instant crash when you press any number keys or F1~F12 keys. Seems like trigger related functions are the cause of it.

Any chance a fix for this issue is going to slip into the visual update pack?

Any chance a fix for this issue is going to slip into the visual update pack?

That's z-fighting, not lod flickering. And I think it's almost impossible to fix completely.

Some models could be tweaked a bit to alleviate the issue though.

That's z-fighting, not lod flickering. And I think it's almost impossible to fix completely.

Some models could be tweaked a bit to alleviate the issue though.

Thanks for the info, I renamed the video. Sad to hear that there is no proper solution for the issue. I am just wondering why this only happens to some buildings.

I am just wondering why this only happens to some buildings.

Some building LOD models have polygons very close to each other resulting in z-fighting.

You can see it the video: the vertical columns next to the windows seem to be inside the walls, so from the right distance they occupy the same exact distance from camera, and start fighting for it.

Thanks for the info, I renamed the video. Sad to hear that there is no proper solution for the issue. I am just wondering why this only happens to some buildings.

I have NEVER seen this halpen..what are you object and texture settings? Tried tweaking those? I put just about every setting to low but I have never seen this even when sniping far.

Texture flickering could also be the result of multiple objects of the same type overlayed over each other, for example if there is createVehicle command in inti.sqf and it is executed once for server and ones for every joined client, there will be multiple copies of the same object made that could cause flickering.

I have NEVER seen this halpen..what are you object and texture settings? Tried tweaking those? I put just about every setting to low but I have never seen this even when sniping far.

Lower object detail setting actually reduces this flickering. That's probably why you haven't seen it.

Lower object detail setting actually reduces this flickering. That's probably why you haven't seen it.

It's weird nonetheless. One flaw to lower settings is that Windows and towers simply don't render unless i zoom in to them. It's like a lose lose either way.

Texture flickering could also be the result of multiple objects of the same type overlayed over each other, for example if there is createVehicle command in inti.sqf and it is executed once for server and ones for every joined client, there will be multiple copies of the same object made that could cause flickering.

That sounds like it could be a cause for the awful FPS just about every game mode gets? Lol I hope not that's silly if so.

Some building LOD models have polygons very close to each other resulting in z-fighting.

You can see it the video: the vertical columns next to the windows seem to be inside the walls, so from the right distance they occupy the same exact distance from camera, and start fighting for it.

I just did some testing, and now I don't get the flickering at all, even though I am at the exact same position north of Kavala. Is there anything else which could cause the z fighting?