HI,

Arma still is working badly on my PC.  As of today, it's done the following:

Starts very slowly.

Game eventually goes into 5FPS mode, with textures not loading and models adopting the default Arms outstretched pose.  One time I shot at some AI in a truck and it happened, another time was spectating a dead unit, so I'm not sure what the trigger is there.

Game takes a long time to open/close the pause menu (lots of disk access/mem consumption during)

Game launches in some ridiculous res if fraps is open then Arma is launched.

Game takes ages to quit.

I'm pretty sure it's not my PC as other games work the same as they did last week etc.

HI,

Arma still is working badly on my PC.  As of today, it's done the following:

Starts very slowly.

Game eventually goes into 5FPS mode, with textures not loading and models adopting the default Arms outstretched pose.  One time I shot at some AI in a truck and it happened, another time was spectating a dead unit, so I'm not sure what the trigger is there.

Game takes a long time to open/close the pause menu (lots of disk access/mem consumption during)

Game launches in some ridiculous res if fraps is open then Arma is launched.

Game takes ages to quit.

I'm pretty sure it's not my PC as other games work the same as they did last week etc.

Yeah I'm experiencing the same issues, well, in my case it quits really fast as it simply crashes to desktop. Also when loading the 3D editor the screen appears full black or full white.

Think is that until last week I was able to play with all in ultra without any issue. And since the stuttering issue appeared, it has become worst in each new update.

I've reinstalled the game, but nothing changed.

• Like 1

We're tracking the FPS degradation issue in Dev-Branch that seems like it may have started 1 or 2 weeks ago on certain PCs. We have a confirmed repro on at least one in-house PC, so we should be able to hunt down the offending change.

• Like 12

Yeah. That stuttering. I remember year ago, i spent hours playing Wasteland with minimum stuttering, back around Beta. But now it's becoming unbelievably unstable to the point i'm now saving up for a high end PC. Not sure if that'll do it for me though, but it's great to see that it's a known issue, and there's hope of a fix.

Yeah. That stuttering. I remember year ago, i spent hours playing Wasteland with minimum stuttering, back around Beta. But now it's becoming unbelievably unstable to the point i'm now saving up for a high end PC. Not sure if that'll do it for me though, but it's great to see that it's a known issue, and there's hope of a fix.

The stuttering we are talking doesn't seem to have direct connection with the PC power. It's something that happen even with the highest end computers, after few minutes playing, the FPS turn from 120 with all in ultra to 3 even with all in lowest.

We're tracking the FPS degradation issue in Dev-Branch that seems like it may have started 1 or 2 weeks ago on certain PCs. We have a confirmed repro on at least one in-house PC, so we should be able to hunt down the offending change.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us on this - much appreciated.

If you need different data to your in-house test PC, then let us know what we can do.  I'll be happy to run diag_captureSlowFrames (or whatever) tests and provide full system specs if required.  If you've already got it covered, then no worries.

Yes, please let us know if you need more info.  I wasn't able to test yesterday's Dev update (and haven't had a chance to try today's), but it sounds like the problem may still be there.  Hopefully you guys can figure it out before you go on your hiatus.  As it is now, the game is unplayable after a few minutes.

Add me to the list of people with this issue.

I played the Red1 course 10 times in a row with no noticable issues but as soon as I started an actual mission it grinds to a halt in under five minutes.

At the moment there is some slow-down in achieving a fix for Dev-Branch, because we need to prioritize hotfixes for the main branch (it involves the same people). Sorry for the delays.

• Like 2

Likewise affected, playing through Kyds 'Resist' campaign (which is now technically a mod) Usually playing for about 15-20 minutes before it happens, reloading from saves a few times, the game grinds to a halt within the space of about two minutes.

It doesn't just affect the mission:

When quitting to main menu, the intro scene in the background is also affected.

Once the game is closed back to desktop, the PC still takes half a minute or so to right itself.

E

Tweaked: Turning off white-listing for Remote Execution (this is a temporary measure until solutions for problems with the current approach are found)

Any more details? 

Any more details? 

Once the tech was enabled for the standard scripted functions like BIS_fnc_MP, a lot of back-compat issues arose. Or rather: the tech worked, but it asked for too many manual changes from server admins / scenario designers to set up their white-listing properly. Not doing so would cause parts of the tech to be disabled, and the scenario to be crippled. We are looking at an alternative solution that achieves the security and functionality with greater back-compat.

• Like 1

So what your saying is..

We have created a security feature that works although leaves some updating need by scenario designers/server admins.(much like recent changes to clothing protection for addon makers for example)

Server admins who want strict control on their server over remote execution either need to configure scenarios their server hosts, relax their execution rules or inform the scenarios designer that CfgRemoteExec needs to be provided/updated.

Yet due to the inability or unwillingness for admins/designers to change for themselves or inform scenario designers of this, your rolling back SECURITY features. :/

Thats like saying, hey guys weve made all these nice changes to clothing that configure protection values but addon makers will need to update their classes.

Only for server admins/sceanrio designers/addon makers, whoever to complain the mods no longer work properly so you roll back all your protection changes.

You wouldnt, so why do it for SECURITY features, let people bitch and moan and either admins/designers relax/update their rules or the scenario becomes unused.

Why waste time and resources rethinking something that works.

Just my 2 cents.

so why do it for SECURITY features

Because it's not really a security feature, the whitelisting was added after a specific group of content creators started a campaign against the new remoteExec commands claiming they would be the ruin of arma.

In reality, if someone is going to remoteExec something not intended by the scenaio designer, in the majority of cases you'd have to be assuming they have they ability to run their own code on their local machine. Which means they can also run code on other machines like has been done since forever before remoteExec was added.

Will the turning animation while kneeling be tweaked in the future? Especially turning to the left looks kinda choppy.

i thought the movement just looks a little extreme on one of the legs (right one i think). wouldn#t say it looks choppy. do you mean like frame skippy?

Inventory

Can't pick up object with right mouse button (but can drop with RMB).

I like two handed walk.

Right hand clips in GLs, Mgs and all other weapons when character starts moving

Also to take into consideration:

3 states: Walk, jogg, run.

When you jogg pressing C both animations (in combat pace and non combat pace)

look very similar.I prefer older - non combat pace one handed jogg,

and combat pace 2 handed jogg.

It's important that there is visual cue in what pace mode you are.

I prefer older - non combat pace one handed jogg,

You're probably alone with that.  The one handed jogg was the biggest joke every. No we can finally have patrols which looks like patrols. Though, I agree, they should fix the clipping issues.

Guys any help will be great!! I'm new to PC games since i recently build my first PC a month ago with help of my friend. Every time i hit play to launch the game i keep getting this error message.....exception processing message 0xc000007b parameteres 0x7fff90caaae8 0xc000012f 0x7fff90caaae8 0x7fff90caaae8

Guys any help will be great!! I'm new to PC games since i recently build my first PC a month ago with help of my friend. Every time i hit play to launch the game i keep getting this error message.....exception processing message 0xc000007b parameteres 0x7fff90caaae8 0xc000012f 0x7fff90caaae8 0x7fff90caaae8

Open a feedback tracker ticket and provide all log and dump files you have. -> feedback.arma3.com

You can use the official Arma 3 Launcher to create a troubleshooting report.

To do so, open the Arma 3 Launcher, click on options (upper right corner) and afterwards click on 'Prepare troubleshooting Report'. Attach the created zip file to your ticket.

You're probably alone with that.  The one handed jogg was the biggest joke every. No we can finally have patrols which looks like patrols. Though, I agree, they should fix the clipping issues.

I thought walking was joke, with "one handed badass waddling".

The jogging one handed thought it was okay looking.I don't mind them changing,

just would love to see bigger separation in animation so I know in what combat

pace I'm in.

I thought they said they'd tweak the walking animation a bit? Also, when walking with the MXC, the left hand moves up and grabs essentially... nothing, or well it appears at first to grab just before the barrel. The walking looks a bit... stiff.. Idk, maybe it's just me. The transition seems a bit odd with the left leg going back too fast. Still better than the one handed walk though. =D

EDIT:  think what it is, is the rifle being held too far from the body. Doesn't look natural.