I am really looking forward to the grafical enhancements with the upcoming update, but is there any chance that this http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27330

gets improved? There are also alot of issues, where objects and shadows disappear even though there are still visible for the player. I'll try do catch those glitches on camera too.

Blame lack of smooth LOD blending, alongside with unnecessary amounts of LODs. Have you seen between how many LODs grass blades switch? It's insane. (Tanoa video didn't seem to have this problem, at least)

Also, object culling making tree shadows flicker/disappear very often.

This would be an ideal improvement:

• Like 1

Blame lack of smooth LOD blending, alongside with unnecessary amounts of LODs. Have you seen between how many LODs grass blades switch? It's insane.

Not all objects have "insane" amounts of LOD. Grassblades are special because they are alpha textures, so on top of LOD switching, they also change mipmaps is more obvious on transparent textures

Hello,

I have a question concerning the " End Game Spectator ".

Is it possible to disable the HUD as with Zeus. Or as normal viewer with L , J and H.

I did not find a solution on the net.

Thank you in advance for your answer .

It should be the same keybind used in Zeus - Backspace. ;)

• Like 2

Something is borked with the campaign on dev-branch.

This error message comes up if you walk close to one of the generic chatter dudes + if you try to report in. Also the player name is the one from the profile and not "Kerry" anymore. Might be a related issue.

Something is borked with the campaign on dev-branch.

This error message comes up if you walk close to one of the generic chatter dudes + if you try to report in. Also the player name is the one from the profile and not "Kerry" anymore. Might be a related issue.

Fixed already! ;) Check it tomorrow.

• Like 1

It should be the same keybind used in Zeus - Backspace. ;)

Thank you very much for your answer.
Unfortunately, Making "Backspace" There is still a small window at the bottom right designating the class of the workforce.
Is - it possible to disable it too.

Thank you very much for your answer.
Unfortunately, Making "Backspace" There is still a small window at the bottom right designating the class of the workforce.
Is - it possible to disable it too.

I seem unable to reproduce, are you able to post a screenshot?

Thanks. ;)

• Like 1

Would that also work with regular, non-wrreck proxies? Or is this not advisable for some reason?

Seems to work according to the RHS guys:

If memory serves, the NSV's gunshield is a proxy on their T-72B

You seem to be running the old spectator. Can you show me how are you triggering it?

Thanks. ;)

Looking like ? the screenshot is the result of 'backspace' on the 'Spectator End Game'.

["Initialize", [player]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;

I try to provide you maximum element to facilitate your help.

It screens was before I ask my question.

PS: But obviously, if you tell me it is not possible to disable this window, I believe you, and I thank you for your time.

Would that also work with regular, non-wrreck proxies? Or is this not advisable for some reason?

Seems to work according to the RHS guys:

It is possible, but not advisable, I would say. The technology is not performance-hungry, but still takes some resources. When used for wrecks, it is easier as there is either a wreck or the main model. If You want to use it for proxies, it may be done, but it would mean some performance loss (I don't have any solid data on that, but it seemed so during our testing) :icon_twisted:

• Like 1

I suppose that performance issues would also generally be exacerbated by the fact we tend to use proxy parts on models that exceed the usual vertex normal limit, so are already slightly more demanding than most regular game assets anyway.

Fixed already! ;) Check it tomorrow.

Checked today, still same. :P

/Edit: No idea if related, but it seems the hub system in general is broken. If I use the strategic map to pick the next mission, the briefing happens and right after that it cuts off to the mission, skipping the armory part. It doesn't matter what equipment I chose before that, I will only have the default stuff in the next mission. Going from hub to patrol and reverse does work, though.

today's patch 480 mb............. a lot of things

today's patch 480 mb............. a lot of things

Because of this:

• Tweaked: Some data has been repacked using binarization with new features (see an upcoming SITREP for more Intel)

Doesn't inherently mean a lot of new data has been added to the .pbos, but the change does necessitate replacing the old .pbo with a newly packed one.

Looking like ? the screenshot is the result of 'backspace' on the 'Spectator End Game'.

I try to provide you maximum element to facilitate your help.

It screens was before I ask my question.

PS: But obviously, if you tell me it is not possible to disable this window, I believe you, and I thank you for your time.

Thanks! ;)

Yes, the little ui widget on the lower right of the screen is not part of the new spectator, but the old one.

Executing:

In the editor, and I am not able to reproduce.

Using current Dev Branch version I see:

Spectator_Dev_Branch.jpg

And the little helper window on the right can be hidden using Backspace, or disabled individually by pressing F1.

Could you make sure you somehow are not executing the old spectator script along with the new one?

Thanks. ;)

• Like 1

[...]Next up is a change that is rather in your face. We're going to change the fonts for the game[...]

Any chance that we'll get more options for fonts to use with dialogues etc?  We currently have only 9 fonts, and in addition they look kinda similar (PuristaLight, Medium).

Btw: Was anything change to how 3den saves mission.sqf files? I can't read them with Notepad++ anymore. That's kinda unfortunate, since I can't really see if my eden-mod write everything into the sqm file correctly. Solved

Btw: Was anything change to how 3den saves mission.sqf files? I can't read them with Notepad++ anymore. That's kinda unfortunate, since I can't really see if my eden-mod write everything into the sqm file correctly.

Go to the settings, there you can uncheck to binarize the mission files- after that you can read and edit them in Notepad again.

Woops. when was that option added ;)

So, apparently BI is going Microsoft's way by adding telemetry to its product and presuming user's agreement unless otherwise stated. Well, I have a question: BI mentioned that players will be able to disable this telemetry via Launcher in their clients but will server admins have the ability to disable it on their servers?

Checked today, still same. :P

/Edit: No idea if related, but it seems the hub system in general is broken. If I use the strategic map to pick the next mission, the briefing happens and right after that it cuts off to the mission, skipping the armory part. It doesn't matter what equipment I chose before that, I will only have the default stuff in the next mission. Going from hub to patrol and reverse does work, though.

Yeah, sorry, the update was delayed for some reason, just checked :( Please try tomorrow

And the little helper window on the right can be hidden using Backspace, or disabled individually by pressing F1.

Could you make sure you somehow are not executing the old spectator script along with the new one?

Thanks. ;)

Indeed, I can not find the small window at the bottom right.
And therefore, there was indeed both spectators modes.

For cons, the 'End Game Spectator' was placed in a file:
OnPlayerRespawn.sqf
//Spectateur ACRE
[true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;

//Anti mouettes
{
	if(_x isKindOf "seagull") then {
		_x setPos [0,0,500];
		hideobjectglobal _x;
		_x enablesimulationglobal false;
	};
} forEach nearestObjects [player, [], 250];

// intégration mode Spectator

My question is, how can we disable the old Spectator mode ? (code)

Thank you in advance for your answer.
  • Like 1

This usually only happens if

• The Stencil Shadow LOD is not triangulated
  • The Stencil Shadow LOD has non-manifold edges, i.e. the volume isn't closed.

since last week i found that fps dramatically dropping, from 55 (as always been) to 27, so i better going to play with this lag than with a low fps..