Would it be possible to use two different fonts at the same time?

As in the old font would be used for larger, title text, and the new for smaller text.

I mean Purista was used everywhere until now so it's pretty much part of the "ArmA3 brand", and in my opinion it's a good, slightly futuristic typeface, fitting in the theme well.
I wish it would remain in some form in the game.

• Like 3

I'm kind of reminded of "cheap" asian fonts which crop up on websites where they have a singular english word on them...

Finally! Moving at ground level doesn't look like on drugs anymore.

/Edit: Looks like "Empty" marker in Eden doesn't work anymore. I can't place it and if I place a different marker and change the type to "Empty" it disappears.

/Edit²: Actually, it looks like the marker is still there, just very invisible.

like the new non-moving ground. bit low res right underneath but im sure that'll be sorted.

new issue today - i cant access scenarios - just gives me a empty steam list. says steam subscribed content. but nothing shows up. and i have an option to sort the list but it has nothing in the list.

there's also a noticable delay between pressing fire and the noise. like many milliseconds lag as the sound is loaded. gets me killed to many times as the jerky/lagginess makes aiming quite tricky but AI is cool with it. once trigger is pressed once though its not laggy. so i think something is being loaded...

Added: Simple expression for detecting the supply storage of objects like ammo boxes, vehicles etc.

It won't work as storage editor???

Fixed: The Scenarios display now supports binarized scenarios inside PBOs (http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=27358)

Great to see that you found the issue, thanks for that quick fix.

Groups should generally move faster in combat.

Gonna test that right away

What do the others here think about the parallax feature? I don't really know if I like it. I mean, it fixed the issue where the terrain moves beyond one(almost), but now it looks like the resolution of the terrain texture is too low, it looks quite ugly. On the other hand I like how the terrain looks way more 3D now, you can actually see stones etc.

Example Screenshot

One can clearly see how sharp the snake's texture is compared to the terrain.

• Like 1

Can't say I'm liking the new font. Old one had a few horrible glyphs, but the game rendered it crisply. This one seems inconsistent, badly aliased and difficult to read overall unless there is some extreme contrast. I'm not sure if it's the game font rendering that makes it horrible or the font itself being that way. It feels like a condensed light version of whatever it is, which would suggest it was picked for space reasons. I'll also agree with the people who said that it also kills the identity of the game. Do we know which font is this?

• Like 2

The font seems to be Noto Sans CJK. It's not in the stable branch files. Nah, no.

And while some characters are much more distinguishable than in Purista, it aliases terribly which makes thin straight lines blurry and kerning a bit off. Unless you increase the UI size. But for me, a good size would be something between 'small' and 'normal'.

Didn't we use to be able to change the size by changing "IGUIScale" in the *.Arma3Profile? Doesn't seem to work now. Or does my memory fail me here?

And on top of that, the style just doesn't match (my) Arma.

It looks like its the Roboto font from Google Chrome

I don't think it is, I work with Roboto quite a lot and certain glyphs are different.

The font seems to be Noto Sans CJK.  ...

Doesn't seem to be that either, unless they mixmatched certain glyphs from other fonts.

Both are referenced in the config viewer, Roboto as a new font, and Noto Sans in Etelka properties, but I refuse to believe those two fonts can be rendered so ugly. :P

• Like 1

This one seems inconsistent, badly aliased and difficult to read overall unless there is some extreme contrast. I'm not sure if it's the game font rendering that makes it horrible or the font itself being that way.

I believe it's the game's font rendering being the culprit. The previous font also had aliasing/kerning issues just like the new one.

I've noticed you earlier mentioned about new font and it is better than old one.

Well, I am not sure you talk about this:

http://modprojekt.pl/download/font.png

because it looks quiet bad.

Or maybe something gone wrong during update.

Is it the new font on this screen?

I have question about Eden. Currently some keyboard shortcuts in Eden seems to be hardcoded. Especially E and R (show/hide left/right panel).

Is any way to remap this shortcuts? I haven't WSAD configuration and it is very annoying to deal with this.

I've noticed you earlier mentioned about new font and it is better than old one.

Well, I am not sure you talk about this:

http://modprojekt.pl/download/font.png

because it looks quiet bad.

Or maybe something gone wrong during update.

Is it the new font on this screen?

Notice the obvious lack of kerning, especially visibile between the U and L in "DIFFICULTY". Not to mention the massive aliasing.

These are the reasons why the old font was considered bad, and by changing it, the problem doesn't just magically go away.

Fix aliasing and kerning and you might as well go back to the old Purista font, which had a much better military feel than this one.

For people that don't know what kerning is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerning

He is standing in the bush. As far as I am aware, bushes are partly bullet proof because of some technical reason.

• Like 1

He is standing in the bush. As far as I am aware, bushes are partly bullet proof because of some technical reason.

There were a couple of broken ones that were unintentionally bulletproof. Maybe they got bugged up again or the previous fix didn't work as intended. That was applied way prior to christmas, though, I think...

At any rate, that does not look correct.

There were a couple of broken ones that were unintentionally bulletproof. Maybe they got bugged up again or the previous fix didn't work as intended. That was applied way prior to christmas, though, I think...

At any rate, that does not look correct.

Some objects have always been bulletproof. They've never tried to fix them as far as I know. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20797

They fixed view lods on some vegetation though, maybe you're thinking that?

Two bugs I am encountering on dev branch atm: sites module is broken; units fall off the buildings they are garrisoned in, and there are a few sounds missing such as footstep sounds on grass/terrain and treating yourself

Tweaked: The "Range" stat in Arsenal is now based on "maxZeroing", not the "maxRange" config property

Doesn't work yet, the range is the same for every weapon.

Seems I've read the "maxZeroing" property from the wrong directory. Gonna be fixed in the next dev build update.

• Like 4

Office Buildings are bugged in dev branch, you can destroy the glass but can't penetrate it.

https://a.pomf.cat/nbmpha.jpg

Going into splendid camera and out again seems to fix it, for whatever reason.

Could this be the cause of the impenetrable bushes as well?

That's bugged with all glass windows, and it's on stable branch as well. Very annoying bug for multiplayer

• Like 2