Dont see why fences dont have the need for heat signature? If the metal from the fences emit heat, only its needed to give a better contrast against people or other heat sources.

http://www.flir.com/uploadedImages/CS_EMEA/Application_Stories/Commercial_Security/Telem_1.jpg

Glitchy thermal signature which flickers and disappears when zooming in?

Dont see why fences dont have the need for heat signature? If the metal from the fences emit heat, only its needed to give a better contrast against people or other heat sources.

http://www.flir.com/uploadedImages/CS_EMEA/Application_Stories/Commercial_Security/Telem_1.jpg

The fences turn red hot at certain zoom levels and go completely cold on others. Just look at this video, and don't tell me this isn#t an issue.

Added: Sound of rolling unarmed

Still no sound when unarmed.

And still no sound when rolling on this road.

Anyone else noticed that [0, 1] spawn BIS_fnc_cinemaBorder; on Dev causes a bit of stuttering / pre-emptive border flickering?[/Quote]Can anyone else confirm? Just wondered if it was something to do with my drivers!?

Fewer and fewer lines in the change logs about optimization. Not a good Omen I suppose.

It's not about the fences having a heat signature, but the fact that it abruptly disappears and reappears when zooming, as well as being visible thru glass.

Fewer and fewer lines in the change logs about optimization. Not a good Omen I suppose.

Good riddance, man! Enough of your never ending spluttering about the notes that are NOT in the changelogs, the devs are hard at work optimizing every fucking aspect of the game, from AI pathfinding to netcode, read the BROREPs, they are there for a reason.

Only those are in the dev changelog, which are merged and commited in the dev branch. I am sure that the optimization are on the other branches. Just as other key features. Be patient!

You know! It's gonna be legen... wait for it...

i agree 1000%. most in the changelogs are fixes and changes which:

- has less priority atm.

- are not even (directly) notable in game.

At least we are getting features, better than content since we know which road BI has been taking with that :rolleyes:

Good riddance, man! Enough of your never ending spluttering about the notes that are NOT in the changelogs, the devs are hard at work optimizing every fucking aspect of the game, from AI pathfinding to netcode, read the BROREPs, they are there for a reason.

Calm down !!! Are you a fascist? I say exactly what I want if you don't like you are free to leave!

That's kind of personal attack but it's up to the moderators to decide.

Edited by Nikiforos

BROREPS?? :)

Did BI move to west coast amurica or am I missing something?

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00074

Firing from vehicles should be available on dev branch by the end of this week.

"Hopefully by the end of this week". Count the next week rather - there are always some

hold back with this bigger features : )

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

BROREPS?? :)

Did BI move to west coast amurica or am I missing something?

He is just joking since we have so many tech reps, sitrep, spotreps, report ins...

(Props for devs to keep us updated)

I'm sure that CaptainObvious meant OPREPs, but now I want to see an actual BROREP from BI.

Actually this just means that the programmers are now testing another branch of the EXE (RC). It takes a lot of time to dig through the data collected from RC and profiling branches to verify certain optimizations have indeed helped or not. The MP situation is still their primary focus. Of course, even within the programming department: not everyone is a network programmer, and while I wish we could just put the entire team on solving this, that's not how it works :)

BROREP is a reference to a gag made earlier in the year: BROREP

And it made me laugh a lot. :)

• Added: More memory points for MohawkDisabled

Do those memory points have any new names?

• engine for airplanes and helicopters when connected to ropes

I lmao thinking what it would have been like if this had not been done, being in a chopper lifting a neorphroninon or what ever the stupid name is, and the pilot turning on the engine and whacking it up to full thrust!! :D I could almost imagine the crazy cathrine wheel effect!

Edited by Bigpickle

It's actually quite silly just with AI. I lifted the To-199 with the Kajman, and the pilot kept on going forward, and trying to fly around, and one point same speed as me, but barley any lift, so it looked like i was towing a feather.

hahaha AI is pretty bad. So surprised though they are worse than arma2 AI, surely they are just the same scripts and stuff?

hahaha AI is pretty bad. So surprised though they are worse than arma2 AI, surely they are just the same scripts and stuff?

I could guess they are same Arma AI scripts with some attempted improvements. Though a buddy if mine had a server with a custom ground up AI script for Arma 2, and he told me quote, "What have I done?". So I tried it out... What happened was me and 3 people fired upon these AI of his. We wiped out a decent amount, but soon after the remaining AI were so smart, they out flanked us and hunted us down. They literally hunt you. And it's insane. You'd think they're just dumb AI, but they play some sneaky tricks.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial