A "simple" way to greatly improve feedback when shooting and getting shot is adding a clear scream of pain. Right now it doesn't play reliably and it's too quiet for it to sound like it comes from the player. Loud screams would be heard from an appropriate distance, not just if you stand very close to the unit that is getting shot.

For instance, if I'm in the field and I shoot/kill a CSAT unit from a couple dozens metres I should be able to hear its screams of pain.

And please, the flinch really needs improvement. In my opinion you should have made a proper flinch animation instead of this ragdoll/animation hybrid flinch thing.

totally agree. this should not be something you need a mod for. i hate to bring them up again because i really like them, but why do we have door sounds but no proper pain sounds? :p things like that missing are the reason why arma feels dead and sterile very often. it may not seem like a big feature but the impact of it is great.

Sound bugs :(

1)No rolling sound when Player is unarmed

2)Rolling sound is missing on some terrains

3)No footsteps sound for Step Over animation (when player unarmed or with pistol)

4)Sound of grenade hitting the ground is played before grenade is actually reaches the ground

5)Healing sound is not interruptible.

Edited by Danil-ch

totally agree. this should not be something you need a mod for. i hate to bring them up again because i really like them, but why do we have door sounds but no proper pain sounds? :p things like that missing are the reason why arma feels dead and sterile very often. it may not seem like a big feature but the impact of it is great.

Every word. We are gathering all missing sounds and all missing effects into a list (as opposed to general sound bugs) on the Audio Tweaking (dev branch) thread. Added that one as well.

It's funny how so many things are missing but we all play the game so much that we have lost our objectivity and sometimes doesn't even feel something specific is missing other than a general sense of discomfort. That's why I think making a list is important, people are constantly going "I didn't think of this and that".

, but maybe it is too late to bring in another middleware for it.

It is an incredibly expensive solution. Natural Motion is selling a team that would implement Euphoria to the game. They are not selling the software alone.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Every word. We are gathering all missing sounds and all missing effects into a list (as opposed to general sound bugs) on the Audio Tweaking (dev branch) thread. Added that one as well.

It's funny how so many things are missing but we all play the game so much that we have lost our objectivity and sometimes doesn't even feel something specific is missing other than a general sense of discomfort. That's why I think making a list is important, people are constantly going "I didn't think of this and that".

Good job on that. Keep it up. It is a very important factor of immersion. Often subconsciously but important nevertheless.

Domove and move-scriptcommands seem to be broken with the current build.

Edit: Also height check works very strange at least for choppers. Using this and it comes true instantly even chopper is flying very high (> 20m):

waitUntil {sleep 1;(getposATL chopper select 2) < 1.5};

Something very wrong with this DEV-build. :S

Edit: Yes, 2fsat. Mine WLA mission is currently unplayable.

Edited by SaOk

bug report: i can confirm that getPosATL does not return correct value. the y and z coordinates are returned as zeros. tested 5 min ago. breaks quite a lot of stuff as it is a common command.....

Edited by 2fast

Hi, on the dev branch that has just been updated, the command getPosATL is broken and returns y and z coordinates as 0 no matter what. this breaks quite a lot of things in missions and mods as it is a fairly common command to use. quick fix needed :p

Guys you should make a ticket for each bug. It is much easier to manage it and confirm the fix.

setPosATL is broken. Makes the object disappear - also, if you use it on the player - it transports them to this lovely underwater world... :p

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20685

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

@Sa0k - my entire campaign is unplayable on Dev at the moment! I use the setPosATL quite a lot! :p

1) It's first experimental version

2) I guess it was designed for helicopters only

3) Video is funny however :-)

4) It will be cool if there was Crane vehicle that will be able to do this :-)

Hmm all vehicles have a hand brake on when you leave them , even if you unbrake the helicopter too - so you cant properly tow vehicles atm

Edited by RobertHammer

For some real lol's place yourself as offroad passenger and give an AI Panther some far away waypoint thru stupid rough terain

Why would the Kajman not be able to sling load? It carries passengers and cargo so why not sling load? I hope it's not because of game balance. Cause that is stupid. Since the blufor attack helicopter is the other heli that can't load, it makes me think that it's about balance. Which does not factor in war. The Kajman, with it's 2 blades makes it ideal for sling load. Besides balance can be achieved many ways. Not just 1 heli for another. Maybe one heli against 2 land vehicles or 4 aa soldiers or jets, etc. This isn't Battlefield where every vehicle has an equal and opposite counterpart. rant over.:)

Can confirm, it seems the doMove commands, as well as the getPos, setPosATL, etc. are not working on Dev.

Indeed it is. I posted a ticket on the feedback tracker

Appears to affect Zeus amongst other things, exiting a possessed unit sends you into the ocean at the far south of the map. CAS gun runs, don't work either.

Reloading and inventory management is still broken on a dedicated server. Tested on todays DEV branch EXE rev. 127101 and both server and client running vanilla, empty mission with just a soldier and ammo boxes. Reloading works, I pick up a new gun from a box, reloading still works. I try to get ammo from another box, the magazines just vanish. After that reloading plays no anim and removes a magazine from my inventory. Couldn't reproduce on a listen server or in singleplayer, but everytime on dedicated server.

, is this a known bug and on the tracker already? Sounds like the fixed one from
28-08-2014 EXE rev. 126953 (game) Picking up magazines from the ground may cause them to disappear completely
Edited by Scruffy
video added

Even on a hosted server, I haven't been able to pick anything up from bodies, vehicles or crates for over a week now. And I can't remember the last time I was able to manipulate an AI subordinate's inventory as a client.

For some real lol's place yourself as offroad passenger and give an AI Panther some far away waypoint thru stupid rough terain

Ha, that's next on the list of silly things to do with ropes.

Can confirm, it seems the doMove commands, as well as the getPos, setPosATL, etc. are not working on Dev.

i was hoping to give dev another go as i miss weapon sway (its such a freaking good start) and the refined fatigue. But previosuly when on dev and hosting a lan mp game it kept flashing back to loading screen every 20 seconds. was hoping to see that was fixed, but maybe not yet.

Indeed it is. I posted a ticket on the feedback tracker

thanks! =)