This recently new phenomenon happens quite often on our DEDI server running BECTI Zerty mission. We have also noticed VON is acting up a bit more than usual (players coming in broken and hard to read).

here are some of my images for it - the oldest from the dev branch on 15 April.

http://imgur.com/a/vH2FL

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

also, thanks to all who have provided screenshots/mission names/data so far

I barely use TI because a)it looks bad b) OP

yup. that pretty much sums it up. if it was more dynamic (maybe shader based?), it might add some interesting gameplay. otherwise it's just easy mode. but i guess that's the point of thermal ;)

The thermals overall aren't what they easily could be, when starting up an attack heli for example, the PIP screen has a very nice and pretty authentic looking image, then after a couple of seconds the contrast is immensly increased, making everything except terrain, buildings and vegetation stand out like a sore thumb

Yep it looks so good for the first second you watch through thermal scope or PiP view etc. I can't understand why the contrast turns bad after a second. A long time issue still not fixed.

That auto contrast happens only for the first time you watch thermal view and after it's set to that.

yes thermal its easy - now its too easy :) opfor has cooling suit right ;) harder too see on range in woods. and i love too see the two biggest flir killers in the game. Fog and rain. with fog you are blind in rain you see only mud. and barracuda camoflage net for a more darker texture ;) hot metal in the sun too containers / towers /street signs for example . that's all is very real and make the thermal not in all situations too an all seeing eye ;)

Edited by JgBtl292

I get this issue ALOT too with our DEDI server running Invade Altis.

yup. that pretty much sums it up. if it was more dynamic (maybe shader based?), it might add some interesting gameplay. otherwise it's just easy mode. but i guess that's the point of thermal ;)

Not really, thermal is just a sensor to allow for day or night application, older versions were blurry as heck and while they are much sharper today, in fact some state of the art thermal cameras could easily be mistaken for DTV

Of course rarely do FLIR videos look the same due to the variety of settings, but Arma 3's has it perfect in the first few seconds, then anything without textures IE infantry and vehicles vanish from sight, making it easy mode when it should be an at first glance confusing black and white image.

We had this issue last Friday/Saturday. Will see how things go this weekend deployment. Running - Altis

yea it was just a bad joke. hence the smiley. didn't know that it's more bugged than broken. that's why i suggested shaders. but i guess you have more controll with textures anyways to get the right parts to glow and shit

Eh I just take the subject a bit too seriously I guess, its a bit of a sore spot in dissapointment to see thermals left to being more of a gimmick, rather than something that can be used for "fairish" targetting and navigation rather than being disabled because of its "all seeing" ability, really damaging the feature overall.

Edited by NodUnit

Not really, thermal is just a sensor to allow for day or night application, older versions were blurry as heck and while they are much sharper today, in fact some state of the art thermal cameras could easily be mistaken for DTV

Good grief, those look like b/w-only DTV!

You have in a tank or in a launcher not a medical state of te art thermal

Hello guys,

thank you for creating this forum thread. I will keep an eye on both feedback tracker ticket and this page. If I may ask, please try to add as much info about the vehicle desync as possible. We are having hard times trying to reproduce it. :confused:

Thank you very much!

You have in a tank or in a launcher not a medical state of te art thermal

Currently, medical scientific thermal imaging equipment is no more sensitive than the best stuff used by the military. Defence is probably the biggest money spinner for infrared imaging these days, so the latest and greatest imaging devices often end up there first.

Top of the line medical thermography and scientific instrumentation cameras like FLIR X8000sc are 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution but the majority of products marketed to hospitals and laboratories by FLIR and other manufacturers targeting scientific and industrial customers are still 320 or 640 resolution.

Comparatively, the current standard fitted to modern British reconnaissance vehicles is 1280 x 1024 pixels in devices such as the Thales Catherine MP (Scimitar 2's ESPIRE sights, Mastiff Protected Eyes' ROTOS surveillance mast). An example of an airborne system such as the L3 Wescam MX-15 used on Lynx Wildcat is capable of resolving at standard 1280 x 1080p video resolution. Obviously there are a lot of older generation systems in use, and smaller hand-held systems such as weapon thermal imaging sights are 640 x 480 resolution or less, like their medical equivalents.

Guys,

Observed Behaviour:

All markers placed in the mission editor can be seen during the mission briefing, apart from icon type markers which can be given the empty icon. All rectangular and ellipse markers can't be hidden until after the briefing phase.

Consequences of Observed Behaviour:

This gives players some unexpected insight into how the mission may play or in the case of a mission with many markers where players are expected to examine the map before the mission start, it presents them with a cluttered map.

Preferred Behaviour:

In the mission editor, there should be an option, via a slider or dropdown to set the marker alpha. Hopefully, this would be executed before briefing thus allowing markers to be hidden in the briefing.

The script command setmarkeralpha can hide the markers, but this only happens after the briefing phase.

Here's images taken from two different players at the same time, in the same mission. For me, the helicopter is on the ground, but for Champy_UK, the aircraft is suspended in midair.

http://puu.sh/8BUTO.jpg

http://puu.sh/8BUvp.jpg

The mission is running on a remote dedicated server. Champy quit and rejoined, and then he saw the aircraft on the ground.

Preferred Behaviour:

In the mission editor, there should be an option, via a slider or dropdown to set the marker alpha. Hopefully, this would be executed before briefing thus allowing markers to be hidden in the briefing.

Yes, please!!!!

The script command setmarkeralpha can hide the markers, but this only happens after the briefing phase.

Uhm, no, you can do that during the briefing as well. Just make sure that the markers are set to transparent before executing any code that will sleep, since that will only be passed once the mission begins and time actually starts ticking. Unless this changed recently... ?

I usually hide markers in the very beginning of init.sqf, if need be, hidden via a startLoadingScreen command

I got this issue last night on my DS - wasn't with any proper vehicles though, just dropped weapons from dead enemies (which are under CfgVehicles).

No screenies as I'm at work but can upload later if useful.

Hello guys,

thank you for creating this forum thread. I will keep an eye on both feedback tracker ticket and this page. If I may ask, please try to add as much info about the vehicle desync as possible. We are having hard times trying to reproduce it. :confused:

Thank you very much!

its realy easy to reproduce it :) like 2 guys start in kavala with each in his own helicopter. let player A fly to the airfield below Gravia when he arrived there, he has to dismount his helicopter and then let player B fly to him. then you get the desync from player A's helicopter for player B when he arrives there. the thing is, when you do that with multiple players at once. some might see the helicopter position correct while others dont.

its realy easy to reproduce it :) ....

Confirmed. Thx for the notion!

I usually hide markers in the very beginning of init.sqf, if need be, hidden via a startLoadingScreen command

It can also be done by a game logic placed on the map with the setMarkerAlpha in their init field.

Edited by Alwarren

Hello guys,

Thank you very much!

If you play online you will see it EVERY match

its realy easy to reproduce it :) like 2 guys start in kavala with each in his own helicopter. let player A fly to the airfield below Gravia when he arrived there, he has to dismount his helicopter and then let player B fly to him. then you get the desync from player A's helicopter for player B when he arrives there. the thing is, when you do that with multiple players at once. some might see the helicopter position correct while others dont.

might sound easy to you, but I have been trying to reliably reproduce this for 3 weeks without finding a way to get it on-demand. thanks for this!