Ok, i understand. Just 1 last question: is it possible that this is causing the framedrops i´ve posted once (mean this http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18291)

Thanks for your time

It could be the cause of that issue. More info in comments of that FT ticket ;)

Here goes:

1. Please add a server configuration/button that will display missions in their file name, instead of their briefingName. With every author using a different name format, it becomes impossible to have a tidy mission list. Let server admins rename mission files according to their preferred naming format (for example coXY_missionname.altis.pbo). We can't hope that everybody will use the same naming format for their missions so this is the only way. I currently edit out the brifiengName from each and every mission before I upload it just so I could have a tidy mission list. We already have 600+ missions on the server so this is essential!

2. Please add a filter field to allow displaying missions with matching text.

3. Nice to have - Allow sorting and filtering according to the author field

And whatever else you do, bear in mind that the design must cater for servers with a high quantity of missions.

Two more things - please make "chat" always visible without us having to choose between chat and overview. And - Please move away the "Kick" button from the "Ok" button!!!!

This doesn't feel like a good design idea. I could probably fake it out with a fake file extension and pop a meterpreter shell in the process. I would suggest at least detecting MIME types.

it's opt-in feature, no cfg entry with that setting means no file extension blocked

also in next update the {} will equal "deny all"

also explain how you gunna fake it out cause it's main reason is give admins option to prevent unauthorized .cfg reads with loadFile

Can a DEV explain me the changes to the miniguns? They now shoot another type of ammunition for the first ~50m that is just a red circle. After that distance it turns into the good old beam-like tracer.

What is the reason for this?

It is also pretty buggy. You can destroy houses with the beam ammonition after the ~50m mark, but not with the new ammonition before 50m which is absolutely illogical.

In addition to that, the Hellcat fires the GREEN circle-like bullets, but after ~50m they turn into the RED tracer bullets of the Pawnee..

Here goes:

1. Please add a server configuration/button that will display missions in their file name, instead of their briefingName. With every author using a different name format, it becomes impossible to have a tidy mission list. Let server admins rename mission files according to their preferred naming format (for example coXY_missionname.altis.pbo). We can't hope that everybody will use the same naming format for their missions so this is the only way. I currently edit out the brifiengName from each and every mission before I upload it just so I could have a tidy mission list. We already have 600+ missions on the server so this is essential!

And whatever else you do, bear in mind that the design must cater for servers with a high quantity of missions.

=This would be really neeto - as it is I only run a specific mission or two just because the list gets so cumbersome

more advanced regex alike filtering and search options are partial aim of the MP GUI redesign (wip, no eta for now)

more advanced regex alike filtering and search options are partial aim of the MP GUI redesign (wip, no eta for now)

Great! What does regex mean? What changes are you planning to implement?

Server administration request:

It would be nice to have more control over what voted admins can and cannot do. We like having admin vote enabled becasue obviously we cant monitor the server 24/7, but then every now and then someone just really takes the **** with it (once I logged on and got kicked off my own server. After explaning to the guy what he'd just done through rcon he just laughed at me. Needless to say the guy in question is no longer welcome on our servers...). So would it be possible to include some toggles (eg, in the server.cfg?) that enable/disable voted admins power to:

kick,

restart,

change mission (or limit the available missions a voted admin can pick from),

adjust mission parameters,

etc.

Edited by Sari
typo

Great! What does regex mean? What changes are you planning to implement?

Hi mate, regex is a filtering system (regular expression). It's very powerful and you can search quickly for certain characters. AFAIK, it's not supported by Arma natively ATM but you can run out of Arma with an extension and do the search on your PC which is much faster than using .sqf to search for characters.

Hi mate, regex is a filtering system (regular expression). It's very powerful and you can search quickly for certain characters. AFAIK, it's not supported by Arma natively ATM but you can run out of Arma with an extension and do the search on your PC which is much faster than using .sqf to search for characters.

Thanks for the explanation!

OK, own up .. who stole the dev release today? Come on, I know you did it! Its not big and its not clever. BIS want it back.

One quick question, did they mention if the Rope Physics deal is going to work with Both flight models with the Helicopters DLC?

No holidays, so just common-day beerfest today. Sigh.

OK, own up .. who stole the dev release today? Come on, I know you did it! Its not big and its not clever. BIS want it back.

As it was stated in this week's SITREP, we are hard at work prototyping and it just happened that the exe didn't pass it's autotests at the same time. It just means there's going to be a bit bigger batch of engine changes today :icon_twisted:

One quick question, did they mention if the Rope Physics deal is going to work with Both flight models with the Helicopters DLC?

It will indeed.

"Hotfixed remote state positioning when an object is stable (PhysX optimization)"

May this mean that ragdolls don't vibrate furiously anymore, even on flat ground?

"Hotfixed remote state positioning when an object is stable (PhysX optimization)"

May this mean that ragdolls don't vibrate furiously anymore, even on flat ground?

What, you don't like a little furious vibration?

What, you don't like a little furious vibration?

I lol'd hard.

Here goes:

Two more things - please make "chat" always visible without us having to choose between chat and overview. And - Please move away the "Kick" button from the "Ok" button!!!!
=This would be really neeto - as it is I only run a specific mission or two just because the list gets so cumbersome

Another server configuration request:

Please allow a server configuration to cancel the AI speech. Not AI radio protocol, just the vocal speech that gets in the way of communicating with human players on coop.

• Parameter for inertia in weaponType

Is this what I think it is?

If so, I wonder how it (weapon inertia) will be implemented. :)

Is this what I think it is?

Is this enough to explain it or should I simply say yes, work in progress? :icon_twisted: