So i grabbed a gun, reloaded, switched to fully automatic, hopped in a car and drove down the main highway. I got cut off by an enemy, we hopped out, i aimed, held the trigger and only one bullet came out, and that's when i got a face full of MK-200. The problem was that my rifle switched from full auto to semi after i got in and out of the vehicle, which was the cause of my death.
I can verify that this happened to me on this build as well -- NATO Autorifleman, reloaded MX SW, went to full auto, hopped into a Hunter, hopped out and the MX SW was now on semi. Considering that not reloading and getting straight out (no driving) after hopping in -- or hopping into a passenger seat instead of the driver's seat, as a different unit (FIA Rifleman (AT)) -- also produces this effect, it seems like exiting a vehicle seat is where the fire mode switch occurs (the FIA Rifleman (AT)'s fire mode remained on full auto when inside the passenger seat).

I can verify that this happened to me on this build as well -- NATO Autorifleman, reloaded MX SW, went to full auto, hopped into a Hunter, hopped out and the MX SW was now on semi. Considering that not reloading and getting straight out (no driving) after hopping in -- or hopping into a passenger seat instead of the driver's seat, as a different unit (FIA Rifleman (AT)) -- also produces this effect, it seems like exiting a vehicle seat is where the fire mode switch occurs (the FIA Rifleman (AT)'s fire mode remained on full auto when inside the passenger seat).

that is forever in the game, not just this build. hope that get fixed that the fire-modi stays after getting in/out a vehicle. !!! any vehicle !!!

Edited by themaster303

-snip

I can agree with everything you said and I don't think for one second you/our expectations are unreasonable. Just lets have a look at sounds - after 14 months, sounds are literally useless and then we have the un-impressive physx, AI but one is expected to forget everything because the fog and lighting is gorgeous :rolleyes:

that is forever in the game, not just this build. hope that get fixed that the fire-modi stays after getting in/out a vehicle. !!! any vehicle !!!

Yes its there since I've first played - arma1 and yes army of tickets pointing it out were created

its with the optic or iron sight rang the same ... you make all weapons - ready for combat go in a copter fly to the battle go out and .... shit you need all new to adjust ^^

the copter taxi modul works in amra 2 fine - in arma 3 no chance all copters crashed by landing :)

Is there no way of doing this as a Mod? Assuming changing fire mode throws an event (and I'm pretty positive it does), the program could write the selected fire mode somewhere in a file and read that file at predefined intervals or whenever dismounting vehicles (provided a method like bool setFireMode(int fireMode) exists.

Yay!

Since this was brought up, can we have the behaviour of first execution of fire mode selector just brings up the indication of the current mode and only a second execution actually changes it? It was much better before the change that now makes it "whenever you click, you change fire modes". It means you can never check what mode you are on without actually changing it. That leads to MULTIPLE redundant clicks. When you play coop it's very evident since you hear the "chuck-chuck-cuck..." of everybody's fire selectors changing just because they want to check what mode they are on, but since it changed when you first clicked you now have to scroll through all the other modes. It's just feels silly...

Edited by Variable

Since this was brought up, can we have the behaviour of first execution of fire mode selector just brings up the indication of the current mode and only a second execution actually changes it? It was much better before the change that now makes it "whenever you click, you change fire modes". It means you can never check what mode you are on without actually changing it. That leads to MULTIPLE redundant clicks. When you play coop it's very evident since you hear the "chuck-chuck-cuck..." of everybody's fire selectors changing just because they want to check what mode they are on, but since it changed when you first clicked you now have to scroll through all the other modes. It's just feels silly...

If I were to check the fire mode on the battlefield, I would probably take a look at the fire mode selector. And that's right what we have done in Arma 3 - the fire mode selectors on weapons are displaying current fire mode. No need of UI for that :icon_twisted:

Or you can press crtl + f ;]... the silent click ;] (bug)

If I were to check the fire mode on the battlefield, I would probably take a look at the fire mode selector. And that's right what we have done in Arma 3 - the fire mode selectors on weapons are displaying current fire mode. No need of UI for that :icon_twisted:

... Which doesn't work on a lot of custom weapons.

Personally I like it how it is now - it felt counter intuitive to have to double tap the button to change fire-mode.

I notice this in the latest changelog:

Support for a custom pose of fingers in ragdoll

Does that mean we can expect dead units without bizarre splayed fingers some time soon?

Is there no way of doing this as a Mod? Assuming changing fire mode throws an event (and I'm pretty positive it does), the program could write the selected fire mode somewhere in a file and read that file at predefined intervals or whenever dismounting vehicles (provided a method like bool setFireMode(int fireMode) exists.

Yay!

There are no eventhandlers for reloading or firemode switching.

If I were to check the fire mode on the battlefield, I would probably take a look at the fire mode selector. And that's right what we have done in Arma 3 - the fire mode selectors on weapons are displaying current fire mode. No need of UI for that

right but the point is - the click can you hear over the half map ^^ ad when you come out from a vehicle is all adjustment on start :confused: and you go silend in cover and CLICK CLICK CLICK firemode range grenade launcher check .....:-D

Whenever I have held an assault rifle I have checked the mode with fingers, but that would be hard to simulate in a game. ;)

Yes, all of the weapons have a visible selector which is a very nice detail but hardly functional, since most of them are on the back of the butt, behind the trigger guard or even on wrong (i.e. right-hand) side of the gun.

This image shows two fire modes on one gun: http://i.imgur.com/1cpJrxt.jpg I have no idea which one is which. :icon_twisted:

My vote goes to double tap to change the mode.

Personally I like it how it is now - it felt counter intuitive to have to double tap the button to change fire-mode.

Optional then. The behavior was there in Arma 2, and I am used to it. The selector switch would be all nice and dandy if it worked for all weapons which it doesn't, and the rest is preference.

Is there actually an option to note fade out the HUD?

... Which doesn't work on a lot of custom weapons.

That doesn't work also on some of the weapons of the stock game! Pettka, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Mk20 series rifles (If I recall the name correctly. Anyway, the AAF weapon), don't have a visible fire mode selector on the left hand side of the rifle, which is the only side visible on 1st person?

That doesn't work also on some of the weapons of the stock game! Pettka, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Mk20 series rifles (If I recall the name correctly. Anyway, the AAF weapon), don't have a visible fire mode selector on the left hand side of the rifle, which is the only side visible on 1st person?

Check the image I linked above. That's the MK20 and its selector. All of the stock weapons have selectors "visible" in 1st person view.

There are no eventhandlers for reloading or firemode switching.
That wasn't expected. Why wouldn't they add them?

Yay!

In full agreement here.

I feel the same, however some of my friends liked the way it was before, I'd like to see an option for it, so I don't need to hear the moaning because of the "wrong" fire-mode.

The whole weapon, firemode, grenade, ammo selection need an urgent overhaul.

Check the image I linked above. That's the MK20 and its selector. All of the stock weapons have selectors "visible" in 1st person view.

Thanks, that proves our point.

Pettka, in real life soldiers are trained to feel the selector, not look at it. And since it's not possible in-game, the previous method of checking the fire mode was designed. Currently, there is no alternative for that because the method you suggested would not work for most of the rifles in the game: The selector switch of the Mk20 and Katiba class weapons, as Greenfist shows, is way at the back of the weapon, which requires the player to twist his head in almost unnatural way to verify the current fire mode. It's not possible to use this method effectively in lower lighting conditions and it won't work for any weapon with a under-barrel grenade launcher; the selector lever on those simply shows single shot mode when grenade launcher is selected. And that is even before we add custom made weapons into the argument.

The current design just forces us to change the fire mode whenever we just want to verify it, and that's a step back from Arma 2. I am all for removing UI elements in favor of visual queues (I wish we had to look at the fuel gauge to determine the fuel level of the vehicle instead of having that in the HUD), but those have to be queues we can actually use.

So, can we get an elaboration on that? Maybe I misread your intentions, Pettka?

Edited by Variable

The way you can cope it in game (what fire selection do you want) can be achieved with SHIFT 1 semi,

SHIFT 2 auto.And that way you know which is where without looking.If you have 3 round burst, SHIFT + 1

can tog-gable.

Would be too far if I would mention safety with tilda key?

tildekey.jpg

DATA

Fixed: SDV lights

lights are still not working when you are in deep water, and its dark. (daylight in game)

its only works when its night in game !

dayz has that new lightsystem that also works on daylight, isn´t possible to implement

that in arma 3 ?