Whereas in my case a HUD element is "appropriate" and not conflicting with "realism" if it's standing in for a tactile sensation -- i.e. stance indicator yes, ammo counter no. ;)

Absolutely, this is how it should be done. Permanently displayed damage indicator, stance indicator, and fire mode indicator are the things that are needed on the HUD, as they all represent things you'll be constantly aware of in real life. Everything else should go, including, of course, magic crosshairs and ammo counters.

I'm not so sure on "fire mode indicator" if only because by the above standard it would pretty much be "because your guy was keeping his thumb or finger on the fire selector the whole time", which just gets weird when you're using something like a Kalashnikov, but what you're describing as "permanently displayed damage indicator" is what's being argued over in threads about wounding effects. :p

Freelook bugged (game breaker for me). GPU usage in multiplayer was horrible now after this latest dev (gfx 580). In singleplayer it was ok. Stance indicator was better then before. Battleye, yei.

edit. forgot. LOD switching is now really bad. :(

Edited by Seitan

I'm not so sure on "fire mode indicator" if only because by the above standard it would pretty much be "because your guy was keeping his thumb or finger on the fire selector the whole time", which just gets weird when you're using something like a Kalashnikov

Yeah, maybe a button press that displayed the fire mode briefly would be the way to go. That would simulate taking a quick glance, or feeling for the position of the selector with a finger, instead of constantly touching it.

the game is atm unplay / testable with trackir. (can´t play without it anymore) hope it will change in next devpatch how it was before.

Yeah, maybe a button press that displayed the fire mode briefly would be the way to go. That would simulate taking a quick glance, or feeling for the position of the selector with a finger, instead of constantly touching it.
What's funny is that at one point the "next weapon" key (default keybind F) actually did this so that you'd need a second press to change fire mode, but then they changed it to do fire mode change on that first tap... as much as one person complained about it, he was outnumbered by other members supporting the change. :p

How often do you change fire modes anyway? I rarely use full auto, because most engagements are at medium to long range, where it is useless. Even at short range I found semi-auto better, it is easier to control the rifle and enemies don't need more than one or two rounds to drop.

The issue there is that unlike most shooters, underbarrel grenade launchers are considered a fire mode. ;)

Freelook bugged (game breaker for me).

Does the exact same with TrackIR too, tested them both out separately, cant really play now till it is fixed. Once you have had TIR there is no going back. :(

Does the exact same with TrackIR too, tested them both out separately, cant really play now till it is fixed. Once you have had TIR there is no going back. :(

Same here, In other first person games I play I try to look around all the time now. shame that more games don't support it.

The issue there is that unlike most shooters, underbarrel grenade launchers are considered a fire mode. ;)

Ah yeah, that bothers me too, although it is easy to notice if you are in that mode, because the view changes, but it would be nice if they were tied to another button.

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

I tried spawning an animal site containing goats, but the goats were nowhere to be found. Is it just me, or the goats are extremely elusive?

Finally beat Headhunters tonight... 1:16:54... anyways freelook is broken especially when looking behind you while sprinting and then releasing freelook...

Considering the game has been FUBAR all of last week, this is a great way to start the next one... I still get MASSIVE script errors from scripts that have defined variables.. but suddenly they are not defined.. Horrible FPS and performance (Its been Halved since beta release and getting WORSE) and now I cannot even move while using TrackIR... As much as I was going to say, ARMA 2 here i come... Its Just as Buggy... Going to go play games Not made by BIS until my Hurt Butt stops hurting....

Guys, you can't make major changes without breaking nearly everything.

BIS does not have the manpower to do such subtle changes over time, and least of all, they have no time to make subtle changes.

They need to get this product working and out of the shop in 3 months.

THREE MONTHS.

^ ^ I agree. I added your post to my ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11151 (please vote up and add suggestions :))

I realize now that changing fire mode on single F key press is essential for the new animated fire mode switching, which is awesome. :cool: However, I'd still like a way to check the IGUI without performing any other action, like in good ol' A2.

So two separate keys then?

Guys, you can't make major changes without breaking nearly everything.

BIS does not have the manpower to do such subtle changes over time, and least of all, they have no time to make subtle changes.

They need to get this product working and out of the shop in 3 months.

THREE MONTHS.

This is what so many people seem to be either in denial about or can't forgive BI for... because there I believe is absolutely driving a bunch of the changes, rollbacks and "we're not adding that" that we're seeing.

sorry but i only see them messing with nv goggles and stance indicators, leave it alone BI, it was working fine, waiting for the lighting fix :idea:

New dev out - 2 new tracked vehicles that I can see NATO IFV Panther, OPFOR BTR-K Kamysh (has 2 AA titans on it). Free look still buggered though (as is the inability to look around in the Marshall as a passenger

New dev out - 2 new tracked vehicles that I can see NATO IFV Panther, OPFOR BTR-K Kamysh (has 2 AA titans on it). Free look still buggered though (as is the inability to look around in the Marshall as a passenger

if the freelook / trackir is still bugged, please release a hotfix. its unplay / testable with trackir (and i cant play arma without trackir anymore)

How? I'm on the dev branch and I even verified my files and they're not in game for me.

Edit: Downloading now, all good

I would suggest putting your own repro on the ticket?

Have done now - cheers

Also, "turn out" on those vehicles does not work, the view point is moved outside, but you can't see yourself in third person view.

Nice to see that those two have commander positions

Vehicles look pretty but I'll wait til regular Track IR programming is restored to dive deep into them ;)