'Close left front door' on Ifrit closing the Right Door.

And again - we can control all doors from all places. We got menumess.

I wish we could have that VBS2 style of GUI of get in / get out

The glass windows doesn't sync with the door animations, it's currently in the door's original positions.

It's nice to see all the doors opening when you're entering and exiting, but I'm not sure when I would use this feature otherwise. Still, it a nice touch when doing machinimas. :)

Also, I hope they'll adjust/revert (pre-07302, not listed as changed) the miniguns for the KA-60 and AH-9, because there are simply not enough ballistics, physics and mechanical quirks in A3 that would replicate the actual accuracy within the real-world. Granted, they are pretty accurate in RL, but it's a bit silly at the moment. Somewhere in between the previous spread and the current accuracy it has now would be good (that also included the miniguns for the UH-80).

Edited by colossus

The glass windows doesn't sync with the door animations, it's currently in the door's original positions.

It's nice to see all the doors opening when you're entering and exiting, but I'm not sure when I would use this feature otherwise. Still, it a nice touch when doing machinimas. :)

Make a ticket for that so I can upvote.

I wish we could have that VBS2 style of GUI of get in / get out

yeah same, i mean thats not something, ultra complex, to implement...

Also, I hope they'll adjust/revert (pre-07302, not listed as changed) the miniguns for the KA-60 and AH-9, because there are simply not enough ballistics, physics and mechanical quirks in A3 that would replicate the actual accuracy within the real-world. Granted, they are pretty accurate in RL, but it's a bit silly at the moment. Somewhere in between the previous spread and the current accuracy it has now would be good (that also included the miniguns for the UH-80).

Oh yes, absolutely! This really needs to be changed. Previously, they had a very nice spread which looks very good and was usable but right now they look and feel like super deadly lasers...

Gearing up for this maybe?

(yeah, you can't add a nice feature without wishes to improved it even further)

Also, comments on the weight changes?

VBS team and Arma team should switch, just a month. I wonder what miracles we would get out of it :rolleyes:

I think the spread on the Little birds guns needs to be a little bit higher, just a little bit.

Also look at this:

(awesome paint skills :p )

Left: How it is now

Right: how I think it should be

Red: The flightpath of the bullets (I don´t know at wich distance they cross IRL I totally made up that distance)

m36o2672.jpg

the new doors are a very cool feature.

i just hope, that the devs will have the same amount of affection for the heavy vehicles, or we end up with light vehicles with detailed interiors door-animation etc. but apcs and tanks sights are still the old cardboard-view, without any kind of interactive features.

I think the spread on the Little birds guns needs to be a little bit higher, just a little bit.

Also look at this:

Red: The flightpath of the bullets (I don´t know at wich distance they cross IRL I totally made up that distance)

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130704/m36o2672.jpg

can i haz your paint skillz too? ;)

But i agree, this should be more like you show.

Also look at this:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130704/m36o2672.jpg

you want convergence.

thats normally only useful if your targeting something like a plane and you have significant distance between guns (like WW2 US fighters).

but like the uh1y, i suspect IRL the guns are on flexible mounts, and convergence can be set by the pilot.

also can we get rid of these piddly 7.62 miniguns and give it some teeth, either the GAU-19 12.7mm minigun, or the 30mm chain gun. both of which the MH-6 mounts.

then throw in the hellfires it can also mount

Oh Damn...

I just tried to sneak up on a ifrit as a BLUFOR. I opened the rear door and threw a grenade into it, sadly the grenade bounced right back at me. It seems as if they can´t enter the vehicle. Any chance to implement this?

;)That was the first thing i tried

;)That was the first thing i tried

Same here lol and they have to get this into the game somehow.

Oddly enough no one has asked for a way of the people inside of the vehicles to defend themselves yet?

Though that may be tied to shooting from vehicles.

i think, the idea to open a car door and start shooring from inside, isn't bad, same as being able to toss a granade inside.

Now that I tested it, opening and closing when someone is getting in\out? Very nice.

Other than that, why you would want to open the door? Just to get shot and clutter even more the freaking action menu.

Now that I tested it, opening and closing when someone is getting in\out? Very nice.

Other than that, why you would want to open the door? Just to get shot and clutter even more the freaking action menu.

yes, the additional clutter in the action menu was the very first thing, that came to my mind, when i read about the animated doors. perhaps we can interpret this new otherwise very cool feature as a hint that the devs are planning to bring better user interface soon. there are many, many suggestions concerning this and some would not require much work to implement.

we can get out any vehicle by pressing V, so in that case, nothing to worry about addition action menu entries, but we just need a button, to get in, when we are standing next to any vehicle,

There is. Just enable permanent extendet HUD info.

Permanent extended HUD info is not available on Veteran and Expert, and I only play at those difficulties (default settings except for disabled cross hair on Veteran). Hopefully BIS will implement a way to view ammo/weapon mode/stance (IGUI) without having to switch weapon mode or reload, as was the case in A2. Hold F key? Touch CTRL or ALT? This change really affects my game play, but I will get used to it.....:rolleyes:

we can get out any vehicle by pressing V, so in that case, nothing to worry about addition action menu entries, but we just need a button, to get in, when we are standing next to any vehicle,
I'm pretty sure that so long as you're looking at an entrance to the vehicle, you can simply press space to automatically trigger the top item in your action menu which, when looking at the door of a vehicle, will be to enter the vehicle.

The sounds of arma 3 need so much work and attention e.g Anyone remember the sound limiter?

We’ve added a so-called limiter effect. If there are a large number of shots at the same time, there was an unpleasant effect of 'cracking'. The limiter should help counter this eventually.

We’ve changed the audibility of some sounds based on distance. Due to the changes to the sound engine it is now possible to affect the sound very accurately. As example, by separating the samples for weapon shooting and their mechanical parts, you can now not as easily hear the shooter in a remote area. With this change, the player also gets a better sense of ambient sound, because e.g. crickets are now heard only in a limited space. Another big change is the accurate setting of the volume of resources (dB) and controlling the audio mix (vehicles versus weapons for example). Rather than tweaking volume and loudness in the source samples, these are now all normalized and tweaking is done in configuration.

Finally, we’ve introduced an improved WSS format. With this change we can drastically reduce the size of the sounds by more than 60 percent and format WSS finally supports stereo samples.

Of course, there have been many fixes and tweaks to sounds themselves based on your comments. Please help our audio team by continuing to report possible improvements in this field.

Clearly not working.

http://youtu.be/BvcCBQ_aHKg

This happens for 99% of the weapons when using a multichannel sound card, certain things within every weapon such as "closure" class still not working and not being even acknowledged as broken by design or by bug.