I think it's alright. The tank might explode after 5 shells, but 1 good hit can be enough to disable it's turret and make it useless.

Quick comment about Strategic Map error, none about the action menu? hmm..... We'll find out tomorrow.

Clicking the Campaign button in the main menu blocks the simulation in the background and places a whiteish overlay all over the menus.

Yay!

I think it's alright. The tank might explode after 5 shells, but 1 good hit can be enough to disable it's turret and make it useless.

Yeahh ,but at least we could see some smoke from the tank or fire instead of an explosion.

Edited by Nikiforos

I don't know if this is a flaw or done on purpose. I used the Object modifier module Show/Hide. I hid a bunch of empty OPFOR tanks on the beach. I got in a Madrid and drove down the beach crashing into nothing. I can crash into a hidden (I guess invisible is a better term since they are still there) tank but I can't shoot it. Everything I fire goes through them.

If it is meant to be that way, I don't know if I like it or not. This means they are still obstacles, but the good thing is that I can block things with invisible objects.

Can someone also verify that opfor mk30 gunner and the mk30 assistant are both carrying folded tripods and neither have the mk30

Edited by Victim9l3

Also ^^ you sprint while holding your breath ... like to see you do that in RL !

There is never a point where you would want to sprint and hold breath, that's why I have them both bound the the same key. I like having the hold breath separate from the zoom (rmb), was working before maybe has something to do with the sprint zoom fix.

Can someone also verify that opfor mk30 gunner and the mk30 assistant are both carrying folded tripods and neither have the mk30

Verified, that seems to be the case.

I actually like the action menu. Since there are no clickable pits in Arma 3, I think an action menu is the best. Also, I really don't want to learn 100 more key commands.

I agree with this. Why was auto hover removed from action menu? Now I have to make another keybind? Aren't there enough keybinds already? Why make something needlessly more complicated? But hey, survive, adapt, win, it's the future, blah blah.

I just bound L ctrl + S to toggle auto hover. Works pretty well, but I liked the action menu for that command better.

Edited by OMAC

Autohover was already quite conveniently binded to 2xShift.

Yes, all factions. I realised this the other day when trying to get AI to assemble a HMG using the BIS function, which wasn't working. There is a ticket about it.

Those actions disappearing was not (yet) by design, and they will be returned for now. While improvements to actions are generally high on wishlists, we cannot instantly expect all players to know keybindings for 'exotic' actions like flaps and gear.

I guess having those actions in the action menu is a major reason why so few know the key binds for them. Most people just don't bother with them.

No matter when they are removed the case for not knowing the "exotic" keybindings exist. Unless there's going to be option that allows us to disable/enable "useless" action menu commands we're always going to have them, it seems...

oh well...

The whole point of the action menu is for those actions that you don't use very often - gear, flaps, lights. If you remove these options, you might as-well remove the entire action menu.

I don't know if this is a flaw or done on purpose. I used the Object modifier module Show/Hide. I hid a bunch of empty OPFOR tanks on the beach. I got in a Madrid and drove down the beach crashing into nothing. I can crash into a hidden (I guess invisible is a better term since they are still there) tank but I can't shoot it. Everything I fire goes through them.

If it is meant to be that way, I don't know if I like it or not. This means they are still obstacles, but the good thing is that I can block things with invisible objects.

It's a bug and a side effect of the PhysX implementation. hideobject command, that the module uses, hides all LOD's, except for the PhysX LOD, which they apparently forgot to include in the things "hideObject" hides.

That means PhysX rigged entities will collide with other PhysX rigged entities even when hidden, but there will be no collision between PhysX and non-PhysX rigged entities (you can't collide into a hidden tank on foot, but you will collide into it with a car).

The whole point of the action menu is for those actions that you don't use very often - gear, flaps, lights. If you remove these options, you might as-well remove the entire action menu.

When I fly (the only situation when I can use commands like gear / flaps), I use them quite often, especially the flaps. I use them a lot more often than "switch to sidearm" action when playing as infantry.

No need to remove the entire action menu. In my opinion the action menu should be for interacting with the world only (get in vehicles, open doors, access crates and such). Having reloads, weapons swaps, greneade launch ammunition selection, etc is only filling it with "useless" actions, and making it even slower to use. Want to rearm at ammo crate? Be damn sure you don't accidentally put AT-mine, satchel, explosive or claymore instead, because right now you must be very careful not to do such things. Ever accidentally selected "eject" when you tried to lower gear? I have, countless of times.

Yes, the action menu has always been a pain to use.

Some actions (like switch weapon, flaps/gear open door etc) are on key bindings or icons and its gets cluttered with unrelated actions.

BUT the main problem is that it tries to be dynamic and context sensitive so options constantly change as your view moves.

This is the reason why people (including me) click on an action like heal or take etc and do something completely different. :mad:

and its VERY serious when you have planted an explosive and your selection changes to detonate :j:

Context sensitive options come up as icons anyway so just have CONSTANT actions available.

...and please use colour to differentiate between 'Place explosive'(green/blue) and 'Detonate explosive'(red)

I like the action menu because I can do

this addaction ["dothing.sqf"]

in a mission and it looks all official and proper

I don't know how you would replace that aspect of it

Are UAV and savegames somehow bugged? We saved a 2 player coop where a friend as in UAV. After reloading the save he can't move but also isnt connected to the uav anymore.

Various characters models and textures tweaks, most notably the US flag being removed from AS and SMDI maps

Looks like we can properly change uniform flags with setObjectTexture again. :)

Size: ~575 MB

Instead of ~575 MB it want's to download ~3 GB. Whats wrong with Steam? It's not the first time this happens and it sucks!

/KC

without any information we cant help you

Don't know if you are talking to me but what information do you need? I was updated to latest dev build last night so according to the log todays update is ~575 MB but sucky Steam downloads 3+ GB which is a PITA when you have a thin pipe to the net and as I said it's not the first time for me, o well so much for Steams delta patching it's so great bla bla.

At least I see some good changes in the changelog :)

/KC