Check if Steam hasn't reverted you to stable branch. It does that to people sometimes, apparently.

Don't know if you are talking to me but what information do you need? I was updated to latest dev build last night so according to the log todays update is ~575 MB but sucky Steam downloads 3+ GB which is a PITA when you have a thin pipe to the net and as I said it's not the first time for me, o well so much for Steams delta patching it's so great bla bla.

At least I see some good changes in the changelog :)

/KC

Sorry to hear that. But after over 100 dev updates, I've never encountered this problem once. Steam has been stellar.

Hi, Danil-ch have you any repro steps for your problem with clouds?

Not at home, in my case very simple to reproduce it, with the last option in the editor (after the rain),

Cloud are so dark and when the sky come with more brightness with less cloud, we can see this problem.

Another problem with cloud, when we move the camera or pilot a plane or a chopper (in movement), we can see many boring deformations on the clouds.

Not at home, in my case very simple to reproduce it, with the last option in the editor (after the rain),

Cloud are so dark and when the sky come with more brightness with less cloud, we can see this problem.

Another problem with cloud, when we move the camera or pilot a plane or a chopper (in movement), we can see many boring deformations on the clouds.

Might be an idea to take some screenshots mate or better still a small video and post it here.

Could anyone post pictures of the new optics? My internet is horrendously slow and the download might not be done for a while.

Could anyone post pictures of the new optics? My internet is horrendously slow and the download might not be done for a while.

Which ones?

I still can't understand why it takes 5 shells from a tank to destroy another tank or other armed vehicles. It shouldn't be that hard IMO.

It will be improved - being worked on with top priority.

Great, but i'm happy to see tanks disabled without being destroyed.

No, and ZSU TC periscope can't be turned either.

Should be fixed with todays patch. More is to come obviously.

Green firing drill: a barrier is just in front of the entrance, and both the instructor and the player will just keep walking on place in front of ot during the cutscene. How did this pass QA.

Were the UGVs checked out?

Yay!

But.. But... I want ACSM :icon_cry:

Just kidding

I was wondering if its intentional for the Varsuk to not have missile warning sounds.

• Reticle materials for 3D scopes now glow in the dark

Not quite, they only glow if there is light shining on the optics. On a pitch dark night with no other lights, the reticles are invisible. Is this they way they are meant to be?

EDIT: Whilst trying to take a FRAPS screenshot through a zoomed scope with Shift-F10 I noticed that Shift immediately (no animation) shifted the rifle POV away from my eye. So I ended up looking at zoomed in scenery with no scope. Anyone else confirm this?

Edited by tpw

Whilst trying to take a FRAPS screenshot through a zoomed scope with Shift-F10 I noticed that Shift immediately (no animation) shifted the rifle POV away from my eye. So I ended up looking at zoomed in scenery with no scope. Anyone else confirm this?

I can.

The Quad UAV, if put in loiter, will start turning randomly and end up flying upside down. About half a click from the waypoint obviously.

Also, seems like UGV lights do not cast any shadows. Talking about showing off the illumination system in UAV showcase.

Yay!

Those actions disappearing was not (yet) by design, and they will be returned for now. While improvements to actions are generally high on wishlists, we cannot instantly expect all players to know keybindings for 'exotic' actions like flaps and gear.

It's great that those actions will be returned to action menu, at least for now. As NMDANNY also wrote, only (rather rarely used) commands relating to immediate environment or vehicle controls, or very important commands related to immediate combat situation, should be in the menu, and should not be removed unless a very clearly beneficial alternative is provided, of which an obscure keybind most certainly is not. I think flaps, gear, autohover, engine off, eject, turn in/out, get out/get in as, shouldn't be removed (I know some of those haven't been removed). I have no problem with the action menu design for A2, ToH, and A3, as I am very used to it, although sometimes the wrong items are moved to the top of this list. For example, in ToH, sometimes "Engine Off" was moved to top when in flight, making it too easy to hit by mistake. Uh-oh, autorotation needed! CRASH! :-( ;)

In A3, for infantry commanding, when I hit unit (F*)-6, important things like heal a unit are buried on second page of commands, behind lots of weapons scattered on battlefield. I think important things like heal (treat) a unit, rearm at *, heal at *, inventory, and such should be on the top of the list.

Are the plans for changing the action menus detailed somewhere?

Oh my god, two seconds in the Tanks showcase and yet another blatant glitch: flying as passenger on the Hummingbird means having a continously stuttering player model.

I hope all these problems are caused by the dev branch, because if the stable one is the same you're about to get destroyed by reviewers.

Yay!

In A3, for infantry commanding, when I hit unit (F*)-6, important things like heal a unit are buried on second page of commands, behind lots of weapons scattered on battlefield. I think important things like heal (treat) a unit, rearm at *, heal at *, inventory, and such should be on the top of the list.

Are the plans for changing the action menus detailed somewhere?

Yes, nothing like browsing through sometimes 5-6 pages of open close door just to find the heal command. Not THE best design decision in the galaxy. :)

Also, seems like UGV lights do not cast any shadows. Talking about showing off the illumination system in UAV showcase.

None of the dynamic lights in A3 cast shadows, why should UGV lights be different :)

Oh great, I didn't know that.

Why is this release so utterly disappointing. Thank god there are mods out there.

I wanted to play the firing drills, and can't because of a barrier encountered during a cutscene 10 seconds in. Want to play UAV showcase, can't because of the darter idiotic behaviour, the UGVs bugged waypoints, and the inexplicable necessity of having a precise key assigned to a precise function for multiple waypoints to work. Went on to Tanks showcase, and the player jitters like hell on the starting chopper ride; I pop in the tank, and I'm greeted with OFP style forward! leftforward! rightforward! rightrightleftforward! stop! The battle starts and 10 seconds in my crew (not me, just me crew) gets ordered out the tank for no reason (we weren't hit once). Retry, and my gunner decides that the best direction to point the main gun is the rear.

Was QA ever involved?

Oh, and the game freezes my PC every twenty minutes.

Yay!

Was QA ever involved?

No, dev branch is not subject to QA as mentioned on the first page of the changelog thread.

No, dev branch is not subject to QA as mentioned on the first page of the changelog thread.
So I change to normal branch and all of a sudden showcases will start working, UAVs and UGVs won't be broken, barriers will disappear, Tank orders won't be given in forwardleftroghtreverse commands, gunners won't aim at useless infantry at the rear while armor is at the front, AI commanders won't throw your crew out of your tank for no reason, dynamic lights will start working as lights?

I'm happy to test issues and be up to date on the dev branch, but right now the game feels about twice broken than during Beta. We had n things to do there, but they worked very well. We now have 5n things to do, but all things that didn't go through the Beta are either broken, glitched, unexplained, bugged.

And not subtly so. A barrier 10 seconds in the cutscene of the first firing drill.

Yay!

Pretty sure Gliptal is also talking about the release, so some of that stuff should have but didn't go through QA.