Actually the final release version is a step backwards (weeks) in state of development. There where 3 branches (beta stable, Dev and release version). Just switch to dev build again today, when a patch comes out that updates the game to the state one day before release. We all know that a release doesn't mean it's final or finished...

no but they did have to lock in a final build for disk printing. thats the 1.00 we have now. stable was several version older, and dev was a RC for one of the opst launch patches (with significant restructions on changes), the new Dev thats coming soon is a combo of the last dev branch +changes that couldn't be commited + any changes since launch

I'm wondering what are the medium term plans for dev branch?

In particular, is it going to be a daily affair? How long can we expect it to be available to carry on for? Days, weeks, months?

I ask because for me, a weekly, or perhaps twice weekly build would make some sense for us. It would allow us to run our mission for more than 24 hours and would remove the logistical hassle of updating our box in the middle of my work day.

I'm wondering what are the medium term plans for dev branch?

In particular, is it going to be a daily affair? How long can we expect it to be available to carry on for? Days, weeks, months?

I ask because for me, a weekly, or perhaps twice weekly build would make some sense for us. It would allow us to run our mission for more than 24 hours and would remove the logistical hassle of updating our box in the middle of my work day.

everything i have seen posted about DB, is that its for QA'ing the bits of future updates as they are done.

they also recomend that any serious modding/missions be done on stable and you use dev branch to see whats coming

According to the most recent SITREP, they intend to keep the dev branch updates going daily, for the foreseeable future.

probably get most of the fixes during the week as DnA said

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with that, as I expected all the pack today as announced. I guess they want to keep little updates every day to keep better track of possible errors, instead of a huge chaotic one.

I guess they want to keep little updates every day to keep better track of possible errors, instead of a huge chaotic one.

Rather smart move, methinks.

Rather smart move, methinks.

I guess.

And on Monday it all comes together in a controlled chaos :yay:

More controlled, less chaotic :D

Just 79mb? I was expecting at least 500mb of fixes :P

with this velocity we will have the "reverse lights" of opfor veichles on 2018!!

Didn't see the AI fixes in the update :(

Strange to remove the best AI stuff to date FOR the release...I'm missing the old switch a Beta whenever you wanna way..

Same here (AI still don't react on dead bodies) so I guess we just have to be a bit more patience ;)

Strange to remove the best AI stuff to date FOR the release...I'm missing the old switch a Beta whenever you wanna way..

Very strange indeed! Lots of people gonna miss the AI improvements made lately and diss it in forums...

And +1 for the old Beta switch way!

/KC

Helicopter is a bit more controllable now when hit by AA, still its almost impossible to get a good auto rotation pull up just above ground when diving from a great height. Meaning hit by AA = dead.

Helicopter is a bit more controllable now when hit by AA, still its almost impossible to get a good pull up just above ground when diving from a great height. Meaning hit by AA = dead.

What heli?

/KC

According to the changelog, stabilization was added to the UAV optics, I'm not sure exactly how this works

When I lase something and then switch to the pilot controls and lock on the laser designation marker, the marker moves, but it's somewhat perpendicular or goes with the UAV's movement, I don't remember exactly but I think that it's an improvement from the beta, however it's not very helpful as the laser still moves instead of locking onto the ground spot.

For me the new DEV-version runs noticeable worse than the release version. Also the dev-versions before the release version felt slower. There is much tiny stutter all the time while with release version the same mission were smooth all the time except when there is much AI stuff going in large village enviroment. With ~50 AI in DEV-version it feels like release version with ~100 AI.

Comp: i7 2600K, 8G Memory, GTX670, Windows 7 64bit. (parameters -nosplash -cpucount=4 -maxmem=4048 -maxVRAM=1860)

Edited by SaOk

Where are the dev branch files located? Are they separate from the stable build ones (like beta was in A2)? Or do they overwrite the stable ones?

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to be on the dev branch and run it some times, but to run stable build at other times (without having to redownload all the files each time you want to switch...).

it's pretty disappointing to say the least. for people being on the dev branch this so called "release" of the so called "1.0" only brought set backs instead of improvement. is it really that hard to do it properly in a way that one doesn't constantly feel like stuff is handled in the worst ways?

anyways hoping that the retarded killer robots are gone for good soon.

I wonder what they mean with "republishing all addons".

getting back to where dev branch was before release

Is it possible to have an exact date of what Dev build was used for the current Stable/release please?

Im slightly bemused as i had raised an issue on the feedback tracker with regards to the slider on the ammo boxes which once you selected what you needed it then flicked back to the top again... I noted the issue as 21/08/13 on Dev Build, the stable/ release version that we have doesnt have the issue and therefore i presumed it was fixed? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13143#bugnotes

But upon returning to my pc and todays Current Dev (Circa ....???) It now seems to be back again?

If you can supply me with the Build i would appreciate it and then i can relate this to the Issue on the tracker to give you guys some idea of where and why its broke.

TIA