Well for me and obviously a few others it has been trashed ever since.

They may have made other alterations in that version that has causd the problem though, not nessissarily blaming it on the 32bit fix itself but the patch as a whole.

its somehow affected me and I have not changed anything other than the start up params which also did not do much :/

its in built up areas mostly which I never had this issue as bad before :/

I checked temps on GPU and CPU and their normal.

I've tried verifying the data and all was ok.

something has changed and it IS affecting some 64bit users.

Well for me and obviously a few others it has been trashed ever since.

They may have made other alterations in that version that has causd the problem though, not nessissarily blaming it on the 32bit fix itself but the patch as a whole.

That's what I was thinking aswell, though any such changes seem to be undocumented. (Unless the recent "PhysX performance fix" is somehow responsible.)

Unfortunately, it's not possible (as far as I know) to roll back to an earlier dev branch build and directly compare performance.

I guess we will see If anything changes from now and the 12th (or 4th)

That's what I was thinking aswell, though any such changes seem to be undocumented. (Unless the recent "PhysX performance fix" is somehow responsible.)

Unfortunately, it's not possible (as far as I know) to roll back to an earlier dev branch build and directly compare performance.

And that is one HUUGE downside with this Steam Approach. Imagine if we wouldn´t have been able to roll back on some A2 Beta Patches.....

And that is one HUUGE downside with this Steam Approach. Imagine if we wouldn´t have been able to roll back on some A2 Beta Patches.....

If a patch got deployed and it wasn't working then BIS can just roll back the patch to a previous state via steam and we would all get the new (old) version.

it's not not working... i haven't got any problems aswell in SP or editor... only got big performance issues in MP (but that's another story)

so I don't see a reason to roll back

If a patch got deployed and it wasn't working then BIS can just roll back the patch to a previous state via steam and we would all get the new (old) version.

And now imagine if BIS rolls out something on a friday that does work, but breaks mods like ACRE. Wouldn´t it be nice if you could simply roll back to the previous dev version?

If you want reliable build then dont use DEV its simples and has been mentioned many times before, if you cant bear to do without the game for x amount of days till fix then you stick with the stable and non-Dev build. Roll back etc. is not needed plus more work which is not the best thing for the BI team right now...

And now imagine if BIS rolls out something on a friday that does work, but breaks mods like ACRE. Wouldn´t it be nice if you could simply roll back to the previous dev version?

Umm, it's ACRE devs responsibility to fix their compatibility issues with the base game, not Bohemia's. Unless the thing that broke compatibility is a bug. But either way, the nature of dev builds is that sometimes they get broken.

The very point of them is to allow game devs to push their changes onto a live build and then test the game in its actual environment, not just a debug build on their local computer. That is how we do things at work too, and if dev server build gets broke the guy who broke it fixes it asap - be that by rolling back or patching it again.

Edit: After re-reading your post, yes it sure would be convenient.

Personally I still lean towards auto patching with Steam.

Edited by Xendance

remember there is an option on steam "always keep this game up to date" you can change it to "never keep this game up to date" this simply stops all downloads for the game until you change it... so if your comfortable with a build on a Thursday for example change it so it wont update and on the Monday you change it back ta daaaa

not exactly a roll back but its the closest resolution

your using a BETA build, not a QA'ed build, use at your own risk is on the tin, so no bitching about compatibility is allowed

Would be great if it would be possible to disable mouse steering for the vehicles. When driving, time to time it now constantly steers little to left or right and correcting is suprising hard (not sure why). I like to drive with keys myself while pressing alt to look around.

I drive with mouse myself, but I agree it's annoying when the wheel turns all the way to either side .

Edited by Zorg_DK

Would be great if it would be possible to disable mouse steering for the vehicles. When driving, time to time it now constantly steers little to left or right and correcting is suprising hard (not sure why). I like to drive with keys myself while pressing alt to look around.

I've noticed last time, that wheels seem to turn into a direction after i got out... is quite annoying when you start moving and your vehicle is turning left or right... and maybe hitting a wall and explode (hilarious but true xD)

BIS did this before (last month?) with a previous dev build. Although I have to say I am not experiencing any differences in performance since the 32bit patch and I am on 64bit Win7.

BIS did this before (last month?) with a previous dev build.

yeah but this was a major error i think...

Ummm you can disable mouse steering from vehicles or I don't get what do you mean. Car more left and right are the controls that you need to disable from the mouse. Arma 2 has the same options and maybe even the earlier games got it.

When did the opfor divers change? they used to have a green hexagon camo pattern and now they have a blue digital camo pattern. And the opfor submarine pilot divers are blufor divers. all black. They have been since the beginning. Is that getting fixed or is all this correct?

I hope the stuttering has improved!

ive never had any stuttering with my system, perhaps you have a bottleneck on your system.

Question: How badly does using the dev build affect performance?

As of now, my Arma 3 is running absolutely horrible, and I really hope it doesn't run like that when it releases. It used to run better some versions ago.

ive never had any stuttering with my system, perhaps you have a bottleneck on your system.

you get absolutely no stuttering/hitching flying around Altis?

anyway, today's patch has seemed to have 'improved' the stuttering issues on Altis, but not made them go away completely (for me at least)