• Added: New procedurally generated icons for most of the weapons

:icon_twisted:

Hmm , can you tell me what that means and how does this work? - that the game itself generates the attachment icons into weapon icons or something esle?

Edited by RobertHammer

Hey devs,

I just noticed that there is still no waypoint which makes a helicopter land. One still needs to tediously fiddle around with waypoint conditions to get this to work.

Would it be possible to make this more user friendly ? Especially for new players?

Its under the Advanced category in the Waypoints' options. :p

The new raising turrets are splendid but has this minor issue been taken into account:

Ifa8iVZ.jpg

Could someone clarify that with the recent changes to FFV in the dev build, does this now mean that CargoTurrets are no longer forced to use:

LODTurnedOut =-1;	
LODTurnedIn = -1;

and can now be changed to something like 'VIEW_GUNNER' so that it allows a working turn out/in CargoTurret? My experiences with it in Release Branch is that its locked to -1 making it extremely hard for turning out FFV positions to work decently and to how I was hoping to get them. I do have a work around for Release Branch however all my cards are on this updated FFV in dev build.

This may be a dumb question but how do you actually raise the strider periscope thing?

Go into the controls menu--View and scroll all the way down to the bottom. They haven't preset the commands yet.

This may be a dumb question but how do you actually raise the strider periscope thing?

Courtesy of 2nd Ranger:-

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Ranger View Post

It's in game - you have to assign the keys in the 'View' controls.

Courtesy of 2nd Ranger:-

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Ranger View Post

It's in game - you have to assign the keys in the 'View' controls.

ah right, found it, thanks!

Go into the controls menu--View and scroll all the way down to the bottom. They haven't preset the commands yet.

They have. It's just that they respect you too much to overwrite your personal key preset's. Load the default profile and you will notice they have binded it too Q and E.

They have. It's just that they respect you too much to overwrite your personal key preset's. Load the default profile and you will notice they have binded it too Q and E.

Ah neat, I didn't see that.

Unfortunately this keybinding seems really unintuitive, perhaps it merits a Field Manual entry describing this turret-elevation capability?

Bravo on the periscope.

Love extra functionality and complexity out of vehicles.

I love the turret elevation feature! Thank you BIS!

Keep up the good work!

What is more interesting is what did they tweak?Speed of draw?

Fixed: Linux build issue for joysticks

http://i.imgur.com/al9uDZb.jpg

Dedicated server for Arma 3 building pipeline had some issues because of some latest changes in handling the joysticks while building the Linux version, sorry for not being clear enough :icon_evil:

About the periscope thing

1. Will other vehicles from other sides also get it?

2. Will the UGV (without weapon) get the periscope, and most importantly, will it get a camera that can be rotated?

I found the unarmed UVG be a great tool for sneaky recon, but missing a rotating camera was making it less useful.

About the periscope thing

1. Will other vehicles from other sides also get it?

2. Will the UGV (without weapon) get the periscope, and most importantly, will it get a camera that can be rotated?

I found the unarmed UVG be a great tool for sneaky recon, but missing a rotating camera was making it less useful.

In real life, none of the other vehicles have this but the German Fennek. So I would like to say no. It'd be stupid to copy and paste this feature over to all vehicles for the sake of that thing called balancing. It wouldn't be realistically accurate either. However adding FFV from the hatches on the MRAP's would do just fine in that regard.

In real life, none of the other vehicles have this but the German Fennek. So I would like to say no. It'd be stupid to copy and paste this feature over to all vehicles for the sake of that thing called balancing. It wouldn't be realistically accurate either. However adding FFV from the hatches on the MRAP's would do just fine in that regard.

the veichles that use a israeli ciws (gorgons for example) in real life has estensible mast............

the veichles that use a israeli ciws (gorgons for example) in real life has estensible mast............

The SAMSON RCWS-30?

The sight heads don't extend on a mast like the Fennek/Strider commander's panoramic sight but the entire turret can be lowered for storage/transport.

INC1d6925_pandur_005.jpg

http://oidnes.cz/09/083/org/RJA2d6fad_Rafael_RCWS_30.jpg (102 kB)

It stops the gun from being able to elevate/depress though (i.e. you can't use the gun properly in this position), so I wouldn't blame BIS for not incorporating it.

Edited by da12thMonkey

The SAMSON RCWS-30?

The sight heads don't extend on a mast like the Fennek/Strider commander's panoramic sight but the entire turret can be lowered for storage/transport.

http://i.idnes.cz/07/122/gal/INC1d6925_pandur_005.jpg

http://oidnes.cz/09/083/org/RJA2d6fad_Rafael_RCWS_30.jpg (102 kB)

It stops the gun from being able to elevate/depress though (i.e. you can't use the gun properly in this position), so I wouldn't blame BIS for not incorporating it.

is an example for possible use of this feature......... if a remember well there is rcws turret for urban combat on the nagmashot/nakpadon/achzarit canshot in 2°arch (third floor)

Edited by Zukov

Uhm, where did all the insignias in the arsenal go?

It's probably a glitch that its quartermaster will correct soon. He is upgrading Arsenal for Marksmen DLC, which can have some temporary side effects here on Dev-Branch.