What are you guys talking about? The Insignia's for squad patches also works with vehicles. All you need is a squad xml.

That's the Clan markings (green and/or blue in the pictures). He's talking about the Unit patches/insignia (red), which according to the web page, "// Does nothing currently, reserved for future use ". I echo the opinions of the guys before your post, would be nice if that would be implemented.

Edit: Damn Ninjas :D

Edited by Alwarren

That's the Clan markings (green and/or blue in the pictures). He's talking about the Unit patches/insignia (red), which according to the web page, "// Does nothing currently, reserved for future use ". I echo the opinions of the guys before your post, would be nice if that would be implemented.

Edit: Damn Ninjas :D

Hmmm... There's also a blue and orange marking. Orange for text, blue, no idea. Interesting. Maybe we'll see it eventually.

Hmmmm - from todays changelog....

"Added: Allow Firing From Vehicles in turned out position in turrets and for copilots"

Anyone able to test? Is this finally being able to use personal weapons when turned out or am I being over optimistic;-) I really hope it is a la VBS!

Cheers

Dear Devs - just so I don't go insane testing out every vehicle could we get info on which vehicles this applies to please? (As well as info on what it actually entails ?;-))

Thanks for any info

Edited by petek

"Added: Allow Firing From Vehicles in turned out position in turrets and for copilots"

Anyone able to test? Is this finally being able to use personal weapons when turned out or am I being over optimistic;-) I really hope it is a la VBS!

Cheers

I would imagine those ports at the top of MRAP's (un armed) could be opened, allowing for someone to mount their machine gun or use it for observation. Copilot's? Will check this out later.

Tried the Tavor and put a suppressor on it with today's dev-branch. The suppressor bumps up the muzzle velocity from 910m/s to 1012m/s. Seems a bit too much does it not?

Let's talk real 5.56 ballistics for a second, as a comparison or benchmark. If we had an infinitely long barrel, the projectile would accelerate up to about 950m/s and then all the propellant would be consumed so the projectile starts to decelerate from there, even though it's still in the barrel. That pretty much means 1010m/s is not physically possible to achieve with a normal 5.56 under any normal circumstance, even with a suppressor.

Solution: Decrease the muzzle velocity coefficient in the config of the suppressor. I guess by the difference in muzzle velocity it is set to 1.1. Should probably be closer to 1.01 if realism is of any concern :)

Cheers

Sometimes i can't even turn out, but maybe it's only KotH issue. But yeah! Looking good! We will deferentially test it today afternoon.

Edit: KeyCat thank you for the ticket. Voted up!

Edited by danczer

From todays changelog.

Added: Allow Firing From Vehicles in turned out position in turrets and for copilots

Nice one but wonder if this also fixes the issue where armour crew can't turn out individually in MP if they are part of the same group?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22295

/KC

Hello dev team,

Since you're working on the Marksmen DLC, I think it's the perfect time to tackle this and this issue.

Have a nice weekend

R3vo

Edited by R3vo

Is it used at the existing vehicles? It isn't working for me.

This nasty bug is still present. Bushes are acting like solid cover. There are a couple of videos in the ticket that illustrate that problem. I was reminded of it just now when I watched an AI spray all his ammo at an enemy who was standing in a bush literally right next to him, and the guy wasn't taking any damage.

Cheers

Dear Devs - just so I don't go insane testing out every vehicle could we get info on which vehicles this applies to please? (As well as info on what it actually entails ?;-))

Thanks for any info

I wasn't able to shoot from turned out turret positions. I tried several NATO armored vehicles. So I am not sure it is ready-to-play yet.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

This nasty bug is still present. Bushes are acting like solid cover. There are a couple of videos in the ticket that illustrate that problem. I was reminded of it just now when I watched an AI spray all his ammo at an enemy who was standing in a bush literally right next to him, and the guy wasn't taking any damage.

Wow, wasn't aware of this! How old is it?

Unable to 'team switch' after being killed in the latest dev build. Anyone else got this issue?

Tried all the NATO vehicles pretty much and not seeing any option to turn out FFV. Oh I'm going to be soooo disappointed if it's the ability to mod this in rather than it actually working...... Please Dev's ... I know it's late on a Friday but put me out of my potential misery.......;-)

Thanks....... and thanks again for a most excellent game/series/attitude to the community........ probably don't say it enough!

Is it just me or does the AI use way more ammunition since the last update?

Possible. Due to the random fire timing they might end up doing more shots.

Using more ammunition is cool by me, but they need to fix the rearming bug soon.

turn out FFV.!

We should have a couple of FFV tweaks incoming; the updates you see now are something like preparatory work. Updating vehicles for FFV turn-out-turrets should now be, primarily, a data-constraint; i.e. one needs to take time to configure things, but it's possible. We will need more time to conform out existing vehicles to the new standard.

Next week, we aim to deploy some splendid programmer-progress on FFV weapon handling adjustments, which seeks to link vehicle velocity to personal weapon inertia; in short, we call this feature FFV Inertia; it's something that simply didn't make it into the Helicopters DLC release.

Best,

RiE

Thanks for the info RiE. So I read it as "not in yest but will be incoming" Great news and stops me going mad trying all vehicles to no end;-)

Cheers and have a most excellent weekend

By the way... what exactly is meaned here?

a) Using turn out function in a tank and being able to fire the tank turret or

b) Using turn out function in a tank to shoot pistol / rifle?

First one makes more sense to me, but I find the line in the changelog a bit confusing, so I am not 100% sure.

Whoa! FFV Inertia sounds awesome.

Lexx: I'm pretty sure it's option b.

If it is option b, then it is super awesome.

We should have a couple of FFV tweaks incoming; the updates you see now are something like preparatory work. Updating vehicles for FFV turn-out-turrets should now be, primarily, a data-constraint; i.e. one needs to take time to configure things, but it's possible. We will need more time to conform out existing vehicles to the new standard.

Next week, we aim to deploy some splendid programmer-progress on FFV weapon handling adjustments, which seeks to link vehicle velocity to personal weapon inertia; in short, we call this feature FFV Inertia; it's something that simply didn't make it into the Helicopters DLC release.

Best,

RiE

Great news, thanks.

Apologies. 'Turn out turrets' is short-hand for 'turned-out' cargo positions that have Firing from Vehicles (using personal weapons) enabled.

'Turret' is the technical simulation class of cargo positions that allow the use of personal weapons, a feature introduced in Helicopters DLC.

Best,

RiE

Indeed, this is super awesome. And now I hate that the mechanics are there, but not fully implemented yet and we have to wait a few days more. :D

So sounds like "turning out" from the hatch of tank, APC, MRAP etc... (Like VBS implementation - open hatch, use personal weapons inc grenades) is not going to happen? Sorry if I'm being thick..... (..and if not got to say I'd be disappointed.... Obviously still loving FFV but it is still pretty limited and I guess after all these years of wanting it sooooooo badly... ;-))

Any way off to get drinking - Cheers all!