So we can expect updates regarding DLC february?

Depends on what you mean by updates, enex -- DnA previously said that the bulk of the content (I suppose as opposed to "features") might be delivered in March.

Depends on what you mean by updates, enex -- DnA previously said that the bulk of the content (I suppose as opposed to "features") might be delivered in March.

I'm curious about the the features that they want to release first to dev branch probably game mechanic such as weapon sync with breathing, weapon resting perhaps.

According to you that would mean that we get gun models in march and gameplay features beforehand just like with heli dlc.Mid february then?

The video shows the ineffectiveness ia driver for reversing. This problem is impossible to treat or fix so far is nothing new because this problem is known by BIS for a long long time and so I can see so far no solution is possible. The problem is PhysX? :confused: :smash:

video recorded with version: EXE rev. 128988 (game)

Edited by Metralla

I think it would help alot if you as a human commander could force the AI to accept your direction commands without thinking, as an additional option to regular commanding.

Kind of like the old "a good soldier does what he is told, a good soldier does not think" trophe.

Because then you at least have a chance as mixed Human+AI crew to overcome those hurdles, without having to switch around positions constantly.

Yes it allows you to more or less directly drive a tank from commander station. I dont really see the problem though. If the AI isn't capable of it, let the human do it themself, regardless of "oh but this is not how it is in real life".

This would also help in case of some emergency situations. For example if you tell an AI unit to board a vehicle while it is in a firefight with infantry, and instead of doing what it was commanded, faffs around with his rifle for way too long.

Edited by Fennek

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

With so many cool mods coming out lately, the menus are becoming over populated. What do you guys think of my suggestion below? If it's a good idea? How do I bring this under the attention of the Devs?

Should be simple to implement. Adding two properties to the base classes and if no value is supplied then it defaults to "NONE" or something.

idea_zps8aba0c2f.png

With so many cool mods coming out lately, the menus are becoming over populated. What do you guys think of my suggestion below? If it's a good idea? How do I bring this under the attention of the Devs?

Should be simple to implement. Adding two properties to the base classes and if no value is supplied then it defaults to "NONE" or something.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o703/petracephas/idea_zps8aba0c2f.png

that's not easy at all

As a programmer with more than 20 years of experience and a little understanding of the ARMA engine, I don't understand why you say "that's not easy at all". Can you eloborate?

that's not easy at all

You could actually do it with a mod, with pretty much no changes to configs.

WOW. I know how to create new UI elements, but I was not aware that you can modify existing UI elements.

WOW. I know how to create new UI elements, but I was not aware that you can modify existing UI elements.

Yup, all the dialogs are defined in config files, and even if they aren't they generally have an IDD and SQF commands for GUIs run fine outside of the actual game (just in menu). You can do a shit ton of crazy things if you want to.

Problem is no one does and Jaynus and I don't have the time to do things ourselves. :p

Yeah doing camo with a mod wouldn't be too hard but variants? Like, are we talking say a HMG ifrit or a GMG one as variants because I'm not 100% sure if there's an easy way to tell the editor to use X class like that without completely scripting it.

EDIT: I just noticed it used aircraft as an example where the variants are just weapon/magazine swaps, that can be done easily with a mod too yeah

Yeah doing camo with a mod wouldn't be too hard but variants? Like, are we talking say a HMG ifrit or a GMG one as variants because I'm not 100% sure if there's an easy way to tell the editor to use X class like that without completely scripting it.

EDIT: I just noticed it used aircraft as an example where the variants are just weapon/magazine swaps, that can be done easily with a mod too yeah

Yes, I was hinting at "HMG ifrit or a GMG". That screen is simply filtering and sorting the list of units. You specify vehicleClass, faction, side, etc in the config so it can sort it the way it currently is. How hard would it be to add "variantDescription" and "camoDescription" as new parameters and the screen filters on that? If they are not present then it defaults to "NONE" for variant and camo. Something like the TARU with it's current 1,000 variants would work well with this. Red Hammer Studios mod has so many variants of the same vehicle, spread over so many factions that it's hard to find the vehicle/unit you want.

Anyway, you get my point?

So what you're getting at is changing the Editor's Unit placement GUI as well as changing the game's config parameters to differentiate between "loadout/role variants" and "reskins"?

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o703/petracephas/idea_zps8aba0c2f.png

YES YES AND YES ! Where can I upvote ? :D

I need to upvote this, great a ticket ASAP ! :p

In my humble opinion the editor deserves some more love. We should actually create a dedicated thread for it. Like the UAV feedback thread and so on.

In my humble opinion the editor deserves some more love. We should actually create a dedicated thread for it. Like the UAV feedback thread and so on.

3D Editor is some epic love. I don't even care if they make me type in the classes manually in it.

We should actually create a dedicated thread for it. Like the UAV feedback thread and so on.

They'll only merge it into the suggestions thread. This part of the forum is to discuss stuff they're working on, not stuff they might/will add later.

heh, I was thinking about this few days ago. I thought about one "main" class name which would have config parameter with array, something like vehicleVariants [] = {}; And inside it, list of class names variants. So I think it's doable, only a lot of GUI elements would need change (editor/zeus). eg. bellow

class O_MRAP_02_F: MRAP_02_base_F

{

vehicleVariants [] = {"O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F"};

};

I think that something like that would be very good, because it's kind of messy in the editor/zeus with all these different variants (well it always was). So if this would done, most of the mods would also benefit from it. And such thing could be used on all CfgVehicles stuff.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

I think that something like that would be very good, because it's kind of messy in the editor/zeus with all these different variants (well it always was). So if this would done, most of the mods would also benefit from it. And such thing could be used on all CfgVehicles stuff.
I'm wondering how the engine would "enforce" a differentiation between reskins and loadout variants though, considering that A3-period stuff from BI already tends towards "base -> variants" with the variants having different skins, weapons/magazines, or both... because what you describe as a possibility for the configs isn't very substantively far from what BI's already doing for A3 assets.

are the get in sounds for vehicles (tried the hummingbird) louder now or have they been added in this patch? or have they been added in a recent other patch? either way. i love them! some of them are very crisp. keep adding those little details. they make the game better even, if it's minor stuff.

excuse me if they have been always there. i guess i haven't played in a while :D

also. there's still some old bugs/exploits with the first aid animations. first of all. you can reload while healing yourself. not a big deal but that surely can't be intended in a game focused a lot on realistic restrictions and penalties ;)

and another thing is that you can turn your whole body while healing which will also make the rifle you have put next to you on the ground follow you. even less of a big deal but kinda ugly. afaik all it needs is a forceaim = 1 inside the anim class. should be an easy fix unless i'm missing something. freelook should stay intact i think

i should probably fix my feedback tracker account and make a proper ticket though. still borked from when all the accounts broke. but maybe the right people will notice it in here too.

Edited by Bad Benson

3D Editor is some epic love. I don't even care if they make me type in the classes manually in it.

Did they say anything about a 3D Editor? Because I see mulitiple people talking about it.

Did they say anything about a 3D Editor? Because I see mulitiple people talking about it.

Yes, it's being prototyped. You can find some info here in the "Platform Updates" section. If you missed that article entirely, it's a good read.