I am very excited that AI is getting some love recently. Good effort, devs!

After 2 years it's finally fixed :p

this makes pistols look way more realistic ty

Just wanted to comment on how this small fix is appreciated. Has been bugging me since the alpha. At last :)

Really strange how such a small change can make a significant difference!

I'm guessing the casing implementations are still incoming for the MX and Katiba? Or did I miss something.

Really strange how such a small change can make a significant difference!

I'm guessing the casing implementations are still incoming for the MX and Katiba? Or did I miss something.

Aren't they specifically designed to be caseless?

MK200 also use caseless.

Right now the MK200 has the "shells hitting the ground" sounds. I think it's debatable on whether or not it is using truly caseless ammo. IIRC it doesn't specify in game. The IRL inspiration for it, the LSAT, can take either caseless or cased telescoped rounds. If the case is the former, then we shouldn't be able to hear shells hit the ground, as we do now. If the case is the latter, then we should be able to see the shells being ejected.

Let's face it, MK2000 has ejection port + I don't know for any existing weapon of FN2000 type which would be caseless.That's inspiration right there.

Also it chambers 55.6

Edited by enex

enex, we are thinking of the light machine gun MK200, not the MK20, aka F2000. They are not related.

supercereal4: Sounds of shell casings with MK200 could be a bug. There was a similar bug for the Zubr revolver, which obviously should not have that sound. I reported it earlier today and it was acknowledged by the devs.

enex, we are thinking of the light machine gun MK200, not the MK20, aka F2000. They are not related.

supercereal4: Sounds of shell casings with MK200 could be a bug. There was a similar bug for the Zubr revolver, which obviously should not have that sound. I reported it earlier today and it was acknowledged by the devs.

Oh that one is caseless like you said also shape of rounds is apparent giveaway.

I reported it earlier today and it was acknowledged by the devs.

Do you also have a ticket open for the MK200? I agree, it does look like a bug, all things considered.

Changed: Path to samples based on new data structure (more on this topic in the next SITREP)

Data Structure change?

Do you also have a ticket open for the MK200? I agree, it does look like a bug, all things considered.

No. I never noticed the problem with the MK200 myself, so feel free to report it :)

Data Structure change?

Folder structure I think...

This is how it looks now. Do you see the difference?

closure1[] = {"A3\Sounds_F\arsenal\weapons\Rifles\Mk20\closure_Mk20_01",0.707946,1,10};

Let's face it, MK2000 has ejection port + I don't know for any existing weapon of FN2000 type which would be caseless.That's inspiration right there.

Also it chambers 55.6

Hehe, 55.6... that must be a big round. I think you mean 5.56 Stanag. =)

The round is actually called 5.56x45 NATO.

When you say STANAG, you are usually referring to the magazines. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STANAG_magazine

And FN2000 is actually just F2000, or on the civilian market FS2000. FN is the manufacturer, so manufacturer and model name becomes FN F2000. Very confusing, I know ;)

I think some video games are using FN2000 to avoid license issues.

Holy **** that was off topic. Sorry.

The MK200 should still spit out the disintegrating links that hold the ammunition together in the belt though, right?

The MK200 should still spit out the disintegrating links that hold the ammunition together in the belt though, right?

I just assummed the links went the same place all the furniture did ;)

Looking forward to more audio tweaks for the fire-arms BIS; what we've got so far is fantastic and it's a shame they're not in stable.

Hi, the problem with Zafir shooting samples is already fixed in our internal build. As you wrote, there was one sample missing and the 'silent' sound was just the closure, not shot. Fix should be in today's update.

developer_bis_cropped_3_by_en3x-d8hk0kz.gif Welcome ^^ developer_bis_cropped_3_by_en3x-d8hk0kz.gif

Edited by enex

Now now, Imperator_Pete, you know as well as anyone that catching problems such as the aforementioned ones are why the sounds are not in stable yet... ;)

Finger on the trigger and selector switch not on safe? Bad weapon discipline :)

Cool new feature though.

1zyik55.jpg

Now now, Imperator_Pete, you know as well as anyone that catching problems such as the aforementioned ones are why the sounds are not in stable yet... ;)

Can't really blame him. The some of those new samples are starting to sound just as good, if not, better than some of those high end sound mods coming out now. This is a good thing.

When you guys say commander, do you think this turn out capability can be branched out to the Hunter and Ifrit via. Un Armed hatches?

It's been there since Alpha.

What exactly has been there since alpha?