Buildings seem indestructible when firing tank shells or am I imagining things:rolleyes:

I tried dropping a friend out of the little bird onto the trawler, the collisions are all kinds of glitchy

Oh well :(

If BIS is axing release content (ie uparmoured slammer) to put into the post-release free DLC just for the sake of "lol look how big this free DLC is guys" that's really pulling the wool over our eyes. Surely you're better than that

Hi all,

Has anyone actually thought about the possibility that BIS might be holding content back until the full release?

Just saying...

I'm pretty sure the content shown on the release countdown page is everything that will be in the full release. We know they have more stuff planned (two more CAS planes at least), but those are coming later.

Btw. general discussion about the full release content really belongs here.

Hi all,

Has anyone actually thought about the possibility that BIS might be holding content back until the full release?

Just saying...

Yeah I have also thought on that, Io believe that they still have a rabbit in the hat ( maybe it's just false hope ). But as they said "All the sandbox" stuff...

Great to see savegame loading working again. :)

Spotted new random rare error message during playing:

Error in expression <ehturret = ((assignedVehicleRole _unit) select 1)>
 Error position: <select 1)>
 Error Zero divisor

This old one is displayed often:

Error in expression <animStateChars select 0,_animStateChars select 1,_animStateChars select 2,_animS>
 Error position: <select 1,_animStateChars select 2,_animS>
 Error Zero divisor

Edited by SaOk

Yeah that one.

Also seen here: http://www.topshotta.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Arma3-tank-screenshots.jpg

Note it has an MG on top too

There is also a screenshot of both the normal slammer and the uparmoured one in the same image that I am having trouble finding so its not just a remodel of it. Edit: here we go http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma_3_2.jpg_4.jpg

Note the one in the front is a normal slammer but the ones in the back are uparmoured.

Edited by Doln

Bug found:

In Gorgon, when viewed from passenger positions, the crew sits half way "sinked" into the floor.

Maybe posts about content disappointment should be moved to "Disappointed with the full release content" thread?

Edited by Raven_JJ

There is also a screenshot of both the normal slammer and the uparmoured one in the same image that I am having trouble finding so its not just a remodel of it. Edit: here we go http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma_3_2.jpg_4.jpg

Note the one in the front is a normal slammer but the ones in the back are uparmoured.

Wasn't that one shown at Gamescom?

P.S. IMHO, OPFOR tank weapon sights should be somehow different from BLUFOR. Maybe more Russian style, maybe more futuristic, but different.

I have a better idea. How about they make the vehicles have different weapons instead of the exact weapon. No reason to make sights different when the only thing different is the paint. The same ships, the same submarines, same static weapons, same autonomous weapons, etc.

And I don't know about anyone else, but isn't there too much variety on the vehicle weapons. I just don't like having a GL on almost every turret. Some have a gun that fires AP and HE rounds that you can just switch at will with no reloading, then a MG on top of that, then a GL, then 2 Titans. Granted, not all are like that but most seem to have at least 3 or 4 of those. I'm willing to be that it has something to do with the reason why the same turret is used for everything. Either they thought it would really be like that in the future, having every individual vehicle a one "man" army. Or they did it to save time and/or effort making a GL version. I think that is what's lacking here. I miss the 6 different HUMVEEs and uaz and offroads. 3 or 4 apc versions, and tank versions.

Having a strider as a car without having a real car seems odd. We need real cars too. not just top of the line futuristic cars. It makes me feel like we're in a cartoon. All the cars are brand new, bubble shapped, reflecting cars. On an island like that I doubt the vehicles of choice are these bubbly new cars. The environment has a run down feel, but the people and cars don't. they look like rich guys that buy their clothes at the same tourist shop.

What is with the tank weapons though? Are they set up specifically for some sort of balance? The slammer has only the gunner with any weapon and the T-100 has no coaxial. If the commander is looking somewhere else and you, as the gunner, see enemies, I guess they get the million dollar bullet. And hope that none of your own team happen to be around. If anyone is still reading this, in 2035 shouldn't the vehicle commanders have a purpose by then? We keep getting a look but why isn't a laser attached to every single commander scope? Either for ground units, or your own vehicle or for support aircraft. While the gun is busy you can paint a laser so that he or anyone else can take care of business.

- Both tanks should have a commander turret

- Default view for T-100 is way too zoomed out, it looks rediculous

- T-100's cannon barrel recoil is either non-existant or animated too fast. Make it more like the Merkava's

- Offroad MG's views are way way way too zoomed in, please fix this

- Titan AA on the AA tanks fires out of the same exact missile tube every time...

The AA vehicles seem..useless. Attempting to shoot down an armed orca 500m away, when it starts facing the other way. It managed to use flares to dodge every single missile, turns around and kills the AA unit.

What's the point of AA when it can't kill air?

- T-100's cannon barrel recoil is either non-existant or animated too fast. Make it more like the Merkava's

- Titan AA on the AA tanks fires out of the same exact missile tube every time...

- CAS Version of the uav (forgot the name) drops bombs from the middle of it's chassis, the bombs on the wings don't disappear

You may see that it has completely changed engine, drive-train, 7-gear gearbox and stiffer suspension as well as for example much stronger beam lights. It was an experiment with possibilities of our technology at first but it became a full-fledged car in the end :icon_twisted:

Yeah I just realized it had fairly stiff suspension :icon_mrgreen:

This is really good though, come a long way since OFP which you could not do things like this properly. The tanks feel fairly nice and heavy also.

arma3-2013-09-05-20-48-25-26.jpg

The AA vehicles seem..useless. Attempting to shoot down an armed orca 500m away, when it starts facing the other way. It managed to use flares to dodge every single missile, turns around and kills the AA unit.

Technology... bring back the old school shilka :)

Well, AA shouldn't win everytime though.

Well, AA shouldn't win everytime though.

Of course not. If the AA gets caught out in the open, or if the attack helicopter is hunting down a single AA with knowledge on its position, the helicopter should stand a good chance of killing the AA. As it is though, flares are so amazingly effective that the AA almost never wins, at any range. the very small 3km radar range on the AA units certainly doesn't help, either. Seems to be a problem with man portable AA too, but those don't show up as a giant red 'kill me' on the helicopter's radar.

If anti air systems stay like they are, I can't see any half-decent attack craft pilot dying to AA. It'll be worse than arma 2, at least there you had ONE effective AA vehicle in the tunguska..

Just downloaded a 24.3mb patch. Hoping that will fix my crashing problem (crash after 5-10 mins of gameplay).

"It's a Beta." Your criticism helps.....to a point.....but it's way to early to be so judgmental on their talent to make Computer Games.

I don't know if you noticed, it is supposed to come out next week, so it is hardly "too early". Your denial of reality is really... quaint.

What a huge mess.

I would really like a Dev to post something about all or at least part of the issues that were thrown up in the last 20 pages or so. Right now, the only posts are by pettka about a civilian car's suspensions.

Seriously. I hope we aren't getting answers because they are all down fixing things. :p

For one, I can't check right now but I would bet anything that UGVs still do not move to the next waypoint if you're controlling the turret. And that you still have to bind "Command Mode" to CTRL to be able to add multiple waypoints in the UAV Map.

Yay!

seems that no one DEVS care about it, like the animations on GL rifle

ps like titan AA also the MRLS

Edited by Zukov