only hope we could have is the clothing from the FIA will work on Independent forces soldiers, allowing us to side them as enemy.. as currently some clothing added to civilians or vice versa to soldiers gives funny issues. It was good to have technical s and such like, that were sided as enemy rather than failing to fudge civ pickups :(

@novemberist you cant have 4 way warfare anyway, not enough sides to accommodate it, but the FIA are the terrorist/resistance guys which have been used in the series as hostage takers / guerrilla warfare / village resistance for CTI (capture the island mode) etc. now with them on blufor side we cant do that, unless we use the AAF which have matching uniforms , look professional and aren't very terrorist looking lol

What if I want the FIA to be aligned to OPFOR. What do I do then. Other than the various tricks there are there, I'm forced to not be able to do this. This is an issue that should not exist

Might as well delete my mission folder because this isn't going to get addressed til Monday at the earliest.

If i had to guess, it's probably because in the campaign there will be clashes between AAF and NATO/FIA, and it's to ease things up for campaign makers. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense. If it was FIA against AAF, they would move AAF to Bluefor (which would probably fit better for most mission makers).

FIA faction was moved to the BLUFOR side. The other sides still have variants present in config (protected mode). Therefore, the original classes for FIA on Independent side remain in the game (but not visible in editor).

WHY?

It makes no sense at all.

@novemberist you cant have 4 way warfare anyway, not enough sides to accommodate it, but the FIA are the terrorist/resistance guys which have been used in the series as hostage takers / guerrilla warfare / village resistance for CTI (capture the island mode) etc.

Warfare/CTI isn't the only kind of mission you can play in Arma.

The FIA were great as independant because their uniform mean they could align with any of the factions and not look out of place. Goddamn man.

Warfare/CTI isn't the only kind of mission you can play in Arma.

its a example to explain to him why people are annoyed, which is why I also listed guerrilla warfare / hostage taking

Thank you, but having FIA and AAF both in Independent wouldn't have allowed for a mission involving 4 factions with each independent faction being on a different side, woud it? So now you can at least have a NATO/FIA vs. CSAT/AAF scenario.

btw, anyone else having the main menu option "camp maxwell" when previewing a mission in the editor, which instantly ends the mission?

edit.

i do understand why people are annoyed, i just wanted to see the possibly positive side of these recent changes.

If the configs are still there for the Independent FIA, why the fuck remove a fully functional feature?

What if I want to make a campaign where the FIA change sides halfway through?

It's correct - daily devbranch builds are continuing after release. And there will of course be a regular patching cycle on main branch.

Good to hear.

Is it possible to separate developer and stable build, like on Arma 2 ? Or make them MP compatible ?

I kinda like the idea that every side gets their own FIA faction, that way you can let FIA fight against other FIA groups with different targets.

You know, some FIA people think the CSAT must be killed, others think the CSAT will stabilize their island and bring new wealth and some are just loyal to the AAF or trully independent.

The only concern I have is why aren't they in the editor for all nations yet?

Voted up... but i think there is more to this and Dwarden has the answer, he has thrown us a bone and then not explained fully why there are now two forces, one sided to Blufor and one still Independent... he hasn't said they are being removed.. just temporarily unavailable???

Please clarify this to stop everyone wasting time saying how upset they are....

Yes right now but DNA said every side will get their own variation.

Remember it's dev branch, don't even try to make full missions with it and if you do it's your fault not BI's

There is a FIA story character called "Kerry", so maybe the idea of FIA as CIA backed rebels isn't all that wrong?

Yes right now but DNA said every side will get their own variation

Where did he say this?

Yes right now but DNA said every side will get their own variation

really? where did you read that?

if that's the case I don't mind, but I was under the impression we have them only visible on blufor side. and the independent FIA are hidden from the editor

hint, read rest of the line > ... The other sides still have variants present in config (protected mode). Therefore, the original classes for FIA on Independent side remain in the game (but not visible in editor).

"Variants present in their config" sounds to me like there will be different variants

Why does ratty, shooting from pickup trucks and unmatching uniforms imply non-Blufor? Pretty sure there were some scenarios in Central America where the U.S backed the rag tag militia against luxury looking matching troops.

That said -upvoted :)

Dude, http://www.arma3.com/launch-countdown FIA is listed here as independent for the game.

Dude! so I think it will come back to Independent again but they will be on blufor and maybe opfor too

At least I hope so. I would just not judge something like that so hard, if they are still in the other configs why should they not be available to these sides?

Edited by Bobylein

http://i.imgur.com/7rTjP7w.png (208 kB)

Oh hey look at that

If it's for the campaign then in my opinion the several thousand community made missions what will be made for years after release should take precedence over the dozen or so campaign missions Bohemia is working on. But that's just me.

There is a FIA story character called "Kerry", so maybe the idea of FIA as CIA backed rebels isn't all that wrong?

I'd be OKAY with this.. If this is how they came out in the first place. It sounds though, this was a last minute change for Devs to make THEIR life easier. The voice is their for Independent, Greek rebel fighters in a way. But now BLUFOR side.. For sure Paid or CIA backed or something rebels then.. I guess I can live with that. But besides that, the point is how BIS treated this and acted upon it. That's the part that has me PO'd.

& Upvoted the feedback tracker