408MB update, eh? What's in the box?!

edit. oh this:

06-09-2013

EXE rev. 09860

Size: ~410 MB

Added title button with icon for favorite column. Tweaked positions of columns.

Fixed: Object variables were not assigned correctly when BIS_fnc_objectVar was called on non-local object. This affected for example respawn positions and communication menu items.

One of the SMGs had to be renamed. Welcome to the Sting SMG.

Fixed: Taking an AT directly will only take the empty tube (rocket will disappear) (WIP)

Removed animals from target list

Improved rules when crew ejects damaged vehicle

Fixed (hopefully): Terrain shader bug on latest NVIDIA drivers (+ slight optimization)

Fixed: MP CTD when client submit briefing screen via the Continue button

FIA faction was moved to the BLUFOR side. The other sides still have variants present in config (protected mode). Therefore, the original classes for FIA on Independent side remain in the game (but not visible in editor).

Fixed: Pop-up error in Range Master inventory

Improved Cyrillic font and added characters to Korean font

Fixed: Target category not updated after unit hit and AI was not reacting to fire

Changed civilian gunner in the FIA armed offroad

FIA faction was moved to the BLUFOR side. The other sides still have variants present in config (protected mode). Therefore, the original classes for FIA on Independent side remain in the game (but not visible in editor).

Can i ask why have they been moved?? We then had a suitable faction sided with the Independent force that could be sided with either Opfor or Bluefor...

Why side them with a main faction, surely this now limits the use of the faction?

FIA moved to blufor???? why would you do such a thing lol

FIA could be CIA backed forces, therefore alligned to Blufor.

they are resitance fighters with armed offroads , if anything the AAF should be moved to blufor , not the resistance guys

someone has no idea how programing for CPU works, nice to know

Yeah I don't know how programming for CPU works, most people don't know how programming for CPU works. What I do know is games that perform very well and are well optimised use a lot more of it. Or maybe you meant that as in someone who works for BIS has no idea how programming for CPU works, especially multicore CPUs.

Edited by clydefrog

Woah woah, Hold on here a second BIS. We need a full explanation and your little background story on this FIA change..

They are REBELS, Freedom Fighters pretty much, they don't have a side. Hint the uniforms and appeal and weapons? Really, you just go throw some rebels onto the BLUFOR side? When they DRIVE TECHNICAL? Come on BIS, where are you taking this game.....

This is lame, I am sorry. You release something, and then 3 days later you take it back or change it so much already in a short time. You just ruined so many mission ideas with the FIA. Now they BLUFOR? Nope, Mission folder deleted. That idea is scrapped to hell and back. Oh well. Next week they probably be Independent again the way BIS is doing things lately.

Plus with this today on Reddit; http://imgur.com/a/RiNXq

BIS, you are killing me. Straight killing me here. A2 is calling my name again, its saying "Come back! I has content Mr. KilrBe3! Come back and play with me!"

A3 is saying "hehehe I tricked you!!! I got your money, now you got to wait 3-6 months after release for real content, hehe got you Mr. Be3!"

hint, read rest of the line > ... The other sides still have variants present in config (protected mode). Therefore, the original classes for FIA on Independent side remain in the game (but not visible in editor).

hint, read rest of the line > ... The other sides still have variants present in config (protected mode). Therefore, the original classes for FIA on Independent side remain in the game (but not visible in editor).

I would say make them visible in the editor , because guys like to use them as Independent side and this could be much easier

So what are you saying that we now have the ability to use them on 2 sides now, this ability to use them via the editor will become available at a later date?

How are we supposed to use the editor to set up conflicts with FIA instead of the organized forces of CSAT and AAF? To have to do it any other way (a more difficult way) makes zero sense.

FIA on BLUFOR

Why why why why why why why

Why not have both FIA (Blufor) and FIA (Independant). Or do what Arma 2 did and reskin them and make a new faction or something. Or just leave them the way they were.

Sure you can use them if you know the configs but that's unnecessarily complicated.

So you are gonna make us jump through more hoops to make them act like real Independents? Why? Wow...

What was wrong with leaving them as is... Really, this just backed up my statement even more.

I agree fully with BadHabbitz on this one.

Useless change I've ever seen.

What does Independent mean anyway? AAF ist neutral/friendly towards BLUFOR and hostile towards OPFOR. FIA now belongs to OPFOR. So now it's basically CSAT vs. everyone else. Why bother having 4 factions if 3 of them basically have the only same enemy?

I had a whole series of missions based around the CSAT arming the FIA and now that's gone to shit

Why :(

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

What does Independent mean anyway? AAF ist neutral/friendly towards BLUFOR and hostile towards OPFOR. FIA now belongs to OPFOR. So now it's basically CSAT vs. everyone else. Why bother having 4 factions if 3 of them basically have the only same enemy?

Go into the intel section of the editor. You can choose who the Independant are friendly or hostile to. This is pretty huge. And its Blufor not Opfor

If it's for story reasons I can sorta understand but even then it's not a very good excuse.

I think thats what hes trying to say but why its being said in such i cryptic manner is unknown?

@novemberist , you can change the alighnment of independent side (set the friendly to everyone or hostile to a certain side etc.) with the resistance faction moved to blufor they are permanently hostile to opfor

there goes my mission idea.... I was going to use the FIA as terrorists!!! and blufor strike team to clear the building.... that's now ruined!

just make them visible in the editor for Christ sake.

@novemberist , you can change the alighnment of independent side (set the friendly to everyone or hostile to a certain side etc.) with the resistance faction moved to blufor they are permanently hostile to opfor

Thank you, but having FIA and AAF both in Independent wouldn't have allowed for a mission involving 4 factions with each independent faction being on a different side, woud it? So now you can at least have a NATO/FIA vs. CSAT/AAF scenario.

there goes my mission idea.... I was going to use the FIA as terrorists!!! and blufor strike team to clear the building.... that's now ruined!

just make them visible in the editor for Christ sake.

I've just spent the last 6 odd hours doing exactly that. Down the toilet it goes. FIA were a perfect in Independent as Rebels or Terrorists.

so can BIS make more independent terrorist looking faction please?

green army doesn't do the job as they have a matching uniform.