I'd be OKAY with this.. If this is how they came out in the first place. It sounds though, this was a last minute change for Devs to make THEIR life easier. The voice is their for Independent, Greek rebel fighters in a way. But now BLUFOR side.. For sure Paid or CIA backed or something rebels then.. I guess I can live with that. But besides that, the point is how BIS treated this and acted upon it. That's the part that has me PO'd.

& Upvoted the feedback tracker

Maybe it has to do with the equipment they have. Always thought it was weird a group of rebels had their own rifle variants.

If i had to guess, it's probably because in the campaign there will be clashes between AAF and NATO/FIA, and it's to ease things up for campaign makers.

Yeah besides that now we can simulate the Altis Civil War ( AAF vs FIA ).

In fact FIA would make sense in OFFOR or in BLUFOR, but never with AAF, as they are enemies ( if someone in Altis is with the AAF, they would just join it ).

K but what if we want guerilla looking guys (Idk like.. the FIA?) to be aligned with the OPFOR? What then? Short of doing the 0% spawn chance trick (which doesn't work 100% of the time) theres not a whole lot you can do

K but what if we want guerilla looking guys (Idk like.. the FIA?) to be aligned with the OPFOR? What then? Short of doing the 0% spawn chance trick (which doesn't work 100% of the time) theres not a whole lot you can do

Well before I was changin uniforms in the editor.

But giving a bit of though, I think they should add FIA in both BLUFOR and OPFOR. Rebels tend always to be armed and supported by external countries.

I don't know, I just remember an island country in the Mediterranean called Cypruss ( to say something ) that 40 years ago had a civil war ( pro turkish guerrilla against Cypruss army and cypruss guerrillas supported by Greece and some say NATO ).

It ended when the CSAT invaded part of the island ( sorry I mean the Turkish army ).

Turkish invasion of Cyprus

You can use script commands to do that, but yea you are right, but for me it looks like every side will get FIA units

tech question in the 12th september

i must to switch to "normal beta " before download the main release?

i saw in this thread that the the dev branch will stay for try the future patchs

Yes , Zukov you must switch to stable branch.

I hope you're wrong. This would basically mean having to re-download Altis and the latest content all over again.

It would be more sensible if they released a corresponding dev branch build at the same time. Then if you switch to the main branch after release, the data difference will be much smaller.

Do what I do, use CSAT soldiers, give them civilian clothes, hats and random vests and weapons. I hope the FIA uniforms will get hidden selections too, so one can add better camouflage patterns to them than they have now.

(Remove the arrogant remark of mine, apologies for that :I )

Edited by InstaGoat

Do what I do, use CSAT soldiers, give them civilian clothes, hats and random vests and weapons.

Script all that? No, thanks.

I hope you're wrong. This would basically mean having to re-download Altis and the latest content all over again.

It would be more sensible if they released a corresponding dev branch build at the same time. Then if you switch to the main branch after release, the data difference will be much smaller.

+1 !! Makes no sense to have to do a complete reinstall on release-- unless the release is a completely different package. BUT--it might actually be a good idea to remove any *old* files and install the new as one contiguous installation after defragging the target drive.

Yeah I know--you can defrag after install but...just sayin' it might not be a bad thing ;)

It is not much scripting, and you only have to do it once (if you save the scripts for future usage).

But I am sure that someone will release some sort of pack with the scripts

It is not much scripting, and you only have to do it once (if you save the scripts for future usage).

But I am sure that someone will release some sort of pack with the scripts

Equip tab that vanished while ago.

When did the OPFOR SMG get renamed to "Sting"?

Today.

nothing fancy, just put a bunch of them in editor->save->open mission.sqm with text editor->replace the "side" to another.

It would be great If we could change the texture of the armored vehicles. For example the M2A1 to use theme at the other side. Like this picture.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/05/Arma3_screenshot_09.jpg

http://images.gamestar.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/2296235/944x531.jpg

The possibility to define the owner of the vehicles for yourself would be great.

Edited by chrys45

When did the OPFOR SMG get renamed to "Sting"?

Better question is why is the PDW, an SMG, called a hand gun still. It should be SMG_03_F but instead it's hgun_PDW2000_F, but it's a main weapon and not a handgun. Description even calls it an SMG.

Why?

I guess it is a licensing issue, note how the other SMG is named "Vermin" (Vector IRL). Same applies for vehicles as well (AAF recon car, IRL Fennec) First letter of the name is preserved in majority of cases, though :-)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

I thought that was common knowledge: give all FIA groups an OPFOR leader with a probability of presence of 0 %. The OPFOR leader will never appear, but all groups are going to be OPFOR.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

The possibility to define the owner of the vehicles for yourself would be great.

The trick with the OPFOR leader should also work for vehicles.. won't change the camo pattern, of course

They ever going to fix the sound's where you can hear a teammate reloading from miles away and the gear menu scrolling back up to the top?, is there ticket's already?...

By the way, what's with the "Return to Camp Maxwell" button at the "you are dead" screen ? Is that on purpose ?

The trick with the OPFOR leader should also work for vehicles.. won't change the camo pattern, of course

I Know, it's very easy to use BLUFOR Vehicles for OPFOR and so on. But that is'nt that what I mean.

If they have the coma pattern already In the screens, why we can't get them ingame ? :(