- Where'd the Mk200 go? (Keep in mind I didn't check to see if it was on Greenfor, which it might be)

Autorifleman of the green army has it now

Btw, I really LOVE the green army!!! They look awesome and the Mk20 is gorgeous! Keep up the great work!

@GossamerSolid, yes the green faction got the mk200

Im not able to check (im in work), but is there working flag poles now for CTF maps?

Im not able to check (im in work), but is there working flag poles now for CTF maps?

Yes.

Batteries for Laser designator concept seems to be out of date since you can't unload batteries once they loaded. Why not have them always loaded since they don't use up anyway?

Hi all,

We just found a small issue in Combined Arms Showcase when playing on a Dedicated Environment, tasks are not showing.

This has been hot fixed and will soon be available.

Great work! By the way, what is a Dedicated Environment?

Yay!

Great work! By the way, what is a Dedicated Environment?

Yay!

Running on a dedicated MP server.

hmm the guns perform very nicely now with the 5.56 variants.

1 thing i noticed is the sub makes underwater noises even if it is on land. minor.

Yes.

Thanks for the clarification, that's good to know :)

1 thing i noticed is the sub makes underwater noises even if it is on land. minor.

Already reported.

Although it's basically the same issues as with the other boats (which was also reported a while ago), so might be considered a dupe.

Just below here is my fps/performance @ 1000'ish vd, at these ‘quality’ settings: (on the ground, may help others decide settings)

Airfield fps

Country fps

Town fps

Country + trees fps

Rig spec: here, it is my pc1 (Arma 2 pc), not put it on my pc2 yet, not sure if I will now, will wait for Altis, then I may need to.;).

My other settings:

16:10 @ 100% or 16:9 @ 100% only +/- 2fps in it..

V-Sync = Disabled

PP = all disabled

SSAO = Disabled

Caustics = Disabled

FSAA = x2

ATOC = Trees

PPAA = Disabled

AF = Ultra

Below here are the hit values to the above settings:

@1500 = -1fps, @2000 = -14fps, @3000 = -39fps.. @12000 = -80fps

PP: Hit values

Bloom = -5fps from 2 to 200 (no intermittent hits)

Radial Blur = No Hit

Rotation Blur = No Hit

Depth Of Field = -8fps from 2 to 200 (no intermittent hits)

SSAO = -17fps @ standard and –40fps @ Very High

Caustics = -3fps when Enabled

FSAA = @x4 = –4fps, @x8 = -15fps

ATOC = No Hit from @trees - @trees and grass

PPAA = FXAA @ Ultra = -22fps, SMAA @ Ultra = -10fps

AF = No Hit

So overall BIS, great consistent performance fps wise (for me, sorry to those struggling), there has been a gradual performance/fps rise with each dev build and now in Beta the performance is still great.

Congratulations on a great Beta release performance/fps wise, for me:), others will give their findings soon, I dare say;).

Now to try everything included in the Beta inc ai changes if any..:confused:

Edited by ChrisB

Could we get a bit of insight as to why the Kajiman uses an AH-64D cockpit as opposed to an Mi-28N or something entirerly different?..please?

I've been missing the sniper rifle scope for a while now, it just doesn't show up anymore. (dev build)

Anyone else that has this problem?

edit: found out a mod was causing it. nvm.

Edited by ltsThomas

i love fireng drills! Wre waiting for them since 2011 arma 3 show of if i'm not wrong.

So far what i've noticed is:

- the range masters voice is to silent, also if he walks away like 5-10 meters away, it's impossible to hear him, maybe realistic, but way to quite.

- menu sounds are to loud, like poping up message blinks etc, should be reduced.

it seems none of the classes have binoculars. the sniper and spotter have rangefinders, but that's it. I was able to add them manually with no problem though

Could we get a bit of insight as to why the Kajiman uses an AH-64D cockpit as opposed to an Mi-28N or something entirerly different?..please?

Probably a placeholder, i.e. the Kajman cockpit isn't finished yet, so they copy+pasted the AH-64D pilot LOD. ;)

But yeah, now that I think about it, a different (russian) cockpit probably would have made more sense.

Edited by MadDogX

Placeholder works for me until they get around to sorting it out :)

was the "30Rnd_65x39_case_mag"

removed or posibly just rechamberred? :)

I love the new stuff!

Found out that the Ghosthawk's doors can't be opened from the inside. Hope they fix this before the 25th. :)

Which is of abysmal quality on top of that :/ It's such an awesome bird but the cockpit is a killer.

If it isn't on the schedule already, it has to be changed.

Since Altis isn't in the beta, you don't need to worry about it.

Also most of the content seems pretty cool so far. Noticed a few things:

- Kamaz truck handles like shit. It's too slow to accelerate and flips way too easily

- Zamak Dump? Displayname should be Zamak (Open)

- HEMTT acts like it's a light truck as well. It needs to have more weight on it

- Wheels on vehicles (and other parts) are still destroyed way too easily with collisions

- Couldn't seem to get the Titan AA to lock onto any helicopters. It showed it was locked, but upon firing it didn't follow the target (No they didn't deploy CMs)

- Where'd the Mk200 go? (Keep in mind I didn't check to see if it was on Greenfor, which it might be)

Allow me to use your observations as starting point of mine :)

- Kamaz truck handles like shit. It's too slow to accelerate and flips way too easily

I think the acceleration from standstill could be actually little slower but to gain speed feels sluggish and ...weird. I also could not under any circumstance

flip that track and invisible hand put me back on wheels even though I deliberately drove over big (huge) rocks.

I think the kamaz is still very WIP, so I'll hold my comments on it for later

- HEMTT acts like it's a light truck as well. It needs to have more weight on it

Liking this big truck very much and animated details like the exhaust flapper is surely nice touch! I am also delighted that the wheels spin when it isn't touching the ground, well done.

Would love to see wheels spinning when going up steep slope and/or burying in hills.

---------

Agreed it could use bit more weight (25%-35%?) and could be tiny bit slower from stand still to get the vehicle start moving. It should feel like the engine / vehicle is dragging something along with it.

I also think all vehicles suffer from bit too responsive steering ratio and by that I mean the wheels turn too easy with no delay missing any heaviness to it and that results in trucks handling like SUV.

I wonder if making the wheels to turn slower (20%?) would add the missing weight factor?

- Wheels on vehicles (and other parts) are still destroyed way too easily with collisions

Again, have not noticed any damage to wheels or any part of the vehicle. In my case, the wheels did somewhat slide through all the big rocks and only lifted the car but the vehicle took no damage

---------------------

Tyre squealing - I believe most military vehicles have their tyres from hard rubber that does not make any squealing sounds, especially heavy armored like APC's. The sound is more like - swoooshhhhhh then typical road car squealing ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEo5OHHoKE

Very nice stuff ,but they forgot the Comanche nvm am just blind :D

Two things makes me wonder - why the heck M14 ebr is renamed into MK18 ? that is kinda out of place and Kriss has bigger recoil than new Scorpion SMG - it should be other way around

Edited by RobertHammer

also it seems the KA60 got removed? :)

No , it is renamed into Orca (Kasatka were better) :/