Are boat lights disabled till the new lighting update?

Also... One last time, did ammo always disappear off dead players?

midday in czech time. (CEST)

That about 11:00 Uk time?

That about 11:00 Uk time?

That means I get it at 3am.... well there goes sleeping tonight :D

That means I get it at 3am.... well there goes sleeping tonight :D

Just finished GCSE's so ive got weeks to enjoy it :D

I just hope that Arma 3 will implant full potential of Simul Weather.

Damn... That was back in 2010 too. I want this in arma! Also in DCS...

Any repro for this? Because this should be fixed ages ago for A3 :icon_twisted:

Confirmed, happened to me yesterday i killed a guy ( no IA ) with a M320, he was healing himself i was like " wtf " ... and at the end of the animation he died instantly

Are boat lights disabled till the new lighting update?

Also... One last time, did ammo always disappear off dead players?

Have you tried looking in their vests and bags? I don't play multiplayer much, but I know that ammo is generally in their vests or their backpacks in single player. Usually there's a > next to their vest or bag and if you double click on that it will open up the inventory for that item.

I'm not sure where to post this, so I guess I'll just do it in here since this is about the day-to-day improvements and feedback on the Arma 3 Alpha (soon to be Beta)

Talking about the underwater visuals. Some serious changes need to be made to make it look much more legit. Compare Crysis (2007) to Arma 3 Alpha (2013) and see what I mean:

https://imageshack.com/a/img850/2625/23x8.jpg

to

https://imageshack.com/a/img442/9711/blz.png

Need some serious works on the atmospherics under there, and the fog color looks kinda off. In the shallow areas where the ocean has a greenish hue it makes sense for the fog to be lighter and greener, but in the deep blue sea it needs to be much darker than it currently is. Right now it's very flat and vibrant. Also I think Arma 3 could do well with some god rays in the water at least, preferably on land as well. Lastly, lighting is extremely flat. Shadows are very hard to make out, there's no dark spots, no light spots. I tried looking underwater at mid-day with the sun directly overhead and it's the same deal. Very flat lighting down there.

Now of course beta could come and totally change underwater looks, but I doubt it. Either way, something to consider :cool:

Imagine rain drops as PhysX particles. Anything is possible. :D

MadDogX dont tease us :) that would be excellant.

there has been a few updates about physx particles recently too!?

Edited by tyl3r99
typo

MadDogX dont tease us :) that would be excellant.

there has been a few updates about physx particles recently too!?

Yeah, they were mentioned in one of the dev branch changelogs a few days ago, though DnA clarified that they were only experimenting with the technology. There is no guarantee that PhysX particles will be in the game, nor do we know how they might be used.

Hey

One quick thing. I read the development branch changelog. And came across their last post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Alpha-Development-branch-changelog&p=2418689&viewfull=1#post2418689

Today should be the last day of interrupted service - tomorrow we'd like to stage the entire Beta on this branch. Everything is too dependent on everything else to do any sort of partial update in the meantime.

So, we can safe and sound say that the 21th june 2013, it will be possible to play the beta?

So, we can safe and sound say that the 21th june 2013, it will be possible to play the beta?

Not 100%, since there may always be unforeseen issues that prevent it, but the aim is to deploy the entire beta content to the dev branch in roughly four hours. (Around noon CEST.) :)

Not 100%, since there may always be unforeseen issues that prevent it, but the aim is to deploy the entire beta content to the dev branch in roughly four hours. (Around noon CEST.) :)

Oh god, what am I doing at work now? I should be preparing myself

Oh god, what am I doing at work now? I should be preparing myself

I'm very excited about this, too. :D

I have to leave at 12 for an exam but the download will take it's time anyways. Hopyefully Arma 3 Beta for me this evening. :)

The honest current status of the improved rain task is: no change, still queued in the backlog of the relevant people.

The honest current status of the improved rain task is: no change, still queued in the backlog of the relevant people.

Gotta love the honest and open dev team at bis :D

I'm looking forward to seeing the new weather stuff. The sky, clouds, and more recently the altitude-dependent fog so far have improved the feel of ArmA 3 immeasurably. Can you give any hint of the nature of the rain improvements/changes?

can this new fog be implemented in editor so no script has to be made :'( im sure people do not want to keep scripting fog lol

Imagine rain drops as PhysX particles. Anything is possible. :D

Dreaming rain drops as PhysX particles :sleep::sleep:

Would be quite awesome for us Nvidia owners. But that's what we get for spending more.

But it wouldn't be good to alienate AMD owners.

Eh, it's not hard to have a "tick this to turn physx off" option and replace any physx stuff with basic normal stuffs.

Dreaming rain drops as PhysX particles :sleep::sleep:

:confused: Wouldn´t cause a massive performance drop when running this algorithm on the CPU? When he has little percentage of use?

:confused: Wouldn´t cause a massive performance drop when running this algorithm on the CPU? When he has little percentage of use?

Theoretically eventually they'll find out that PhysX is optimized for GPUs and actually let you use yours to run the PhysX features ;D

Taking in consideration that there is no rain on Straits for some quite of time how it is possible that there aren't any fire propagation on the island yet? :devil:

Taking in consideration that there is no rain on Straits for some quite of time how it is possible that there aren't any fire propagation on the island yet? :devil:

I agree. No point in implementing something that are unlikely to happen so close to equator. They should implement earthquakes, infernos and tsunamis which are more likely to happen compared to 5 days of rain in that region.

Well fire propagation can happen quite often after battle for instance. Especially when Stratis is pretty dry. With new feature of tearing gas and underwater environment shows that it would be possible to asphyxiate units that catch the fire. Fire prop. was implemented in mods for A2 for instance.

Anyway it could be nice feature to have for any addon map - european based, african-based, you name it - not only equator.

I must agree with you that seeing a big a*s tsunami on stratis would be just terrifying. :)