i have a question on BIS about firing drills, will it be possible to compete on your friends, score wise? Since arma 3 will be steam intergrated a lot, i guess it's possible? Maybe something like in far cry 3? That ancient stones, showing score of your friends. Maybe you could make something similar, adding a board with names and score/time on each drill? :)

Has anyone tried new heli AH99 Blackfoot and noticed no A-G missile ? Maybe I miss something ?

DAGR rockets are guided. Like in Ka60.

Edit. After further testing... i believe that Mi-48 unguided rockets have to be controlled by the pilot, while the comanches guided ones, it's ok as it is.

Ghosthawk is BEAUTIFUL... mi-48... although controversial, on the photos it looked uglier :P(the cargo room is imo a bit too big)

Edited by Byku

Apologies for the second update resetting downloads for some of you - did not actually realize it had that effect. We mainly wanted to get these few changes out before the weekend.

that fatigue blur effect is to strong and too long... just because i run 10m musnt mean that i cant see anymore for half a minute... (overdramatization)

that fatigue blur effect is to strong and too long... just because i run 10m musnt mean that i cant see anymore for half a minute... (overdramatization)

i so agree

besides that, the "single player" hardware performance apparently increased with the beta, i think i get up to 10 fps more now with same gfx settings as before... i can set everything on ultra and its sweet as hell... anyway on most mulitplayer servers the performance is as horrible as before, i REALLY REALLY hope BI can get a performance optimization there also! 30v30 without KI should be playable!!!! generally i hope the gold version will deliver a solid PVP gamemode groundwork....

yeah i agree, it's very annoying to play long periods of time watching that blur all the time :(

hopefully they tweak it or remove if from the center of the screen

Agreed.

Subtitles and radio subtitles don't work anymore.

Version 071.106777

Resolved : Options-Game, Disabled StreamFriendlyUI and restart the game.

Edited by EricFr

Another over-dramatization would be me saying playing the game with the new fatigue effect over extended periods puts unwanted/unneeded stress/strain on my eyes and makes playing the game uncomfortable. Oh..wait...

Shadows - OMG

Looking into trees, changing shadow settings. It's simple and horrible:

Shadows Low to Ultra: 30 FPS

Shadows OFF: 60 FPS

Core i7 2600k 3.4 GhZ, NVidia GTX-570.

EDIT! Problem seems to be solved, I had VSync turned on in NVidia Control Panel. It's strange, I turned it on again to be sure, and I get now 60 FPS for all settings EXCEPT Shadows LOW - this runs at 30. However, Vsync on in NVidia CP seems to have caused all my lag/performance problems...

Edited by tortuosit

am i the only one who got a significant fps boost with the beta???

TOO BAD IT DOES NO REMAIN ON 99% OF THE MP SERVERS BECAUSE THE CLIENT/SERVER ARCHITECTURE IS SH§$%

Nice to have the post processing split into components! Well done

Okay so the Beta is sweet so far - really enjoying it (obviously eyes wide open its still Beta and playing the CA showcase I had the muscle spasm bug).

The new helos are so sweet and flying the Blackfoot is the sheeit!!!!!

First cool new experience. Spawned a Ghosthawk and a Marid on opposite ends of the air field - me in the Marid as driver. Ghosthawk just takes off (without a waypoint) flys straight over the air field toward me and my gunner locks on and starts firing and pans the turret as the ghost hawk flies overhead. Looked so sweet!!!

pics coming

BOOM!

arma3_2013_06_21_20_49_05_037.jpg

and the view from above

arma3_2013_06_21_20_51_17_694.jpg

Edited by sproyd

Shadows - OMG

Looking into trees, changing shadow settings. It's simple and horrible:

Shadows Low to Ultra: 30 FPS

Shadows OFF: 60 FPS

Core i7 2600k 3.4 GhZ, NVidia GTX-570.

EDIT! Problem seems to be solved, I had VSync turned on in NVidia Control Panel. It's strange, I turned it on again to be sure, and I get now 60 FPS for all settings EXCEPT Shadows LOW - this runs at 30. However, Vsync on in NVidia CP seems to have caused all my lag/performance problems...

Shadows on Low = CPU calculated.

Shadows on Medium -> Ultra = GPU calculated. Unless you use adaptive vsync, which I'm not sure the 500 series supports, then having vsync on means if your FPS drops even slightly below 60, then it will be forced down to 30. Just another stupid reason about vsync for me not to use it.

With your GPU, I recommend setting shadows on Very High. Ultra doesn't even change anything over Very High at all.

I like it. Very happy with the PP settings now and added content is a good boost for morale, you might say :p

Some obvious visual bugs with some of the units. Tail lights seems doesn't seem to work properly on the HEMTT, I think it was; Ghosthawk seems to have a problem with the flood light and collision lights when turned off; and the "F2000"'s muzzle seems a bit odd, it's tilted, but all of this are minor things.

yea, this is kinda bad.. When in the main menu i get 11fps... Wholy Crap!! And it gets worse in Game.. The first update at 3am I was still getting 100 fps in the main menu.. after the most recent Hot Fix.. I get 11FPS in the main menu...

Edit: I want to add, I am getting less frames then I did when A3 was initially released... I had been seeing improvements in my PC's performance due to game optimizations.. That is out the window now..

Edited by Lordprimate

ANOTHER THING: the overall fps in singleplayer are higher than before but the are very "chokey"... the fps rate is stuttering eventhough it is higher than before, its really annoying, its like the replay speed of a video is randomly changing all the time, i tend to have that problem since arma2 but somehow it is really strong now with the dev build right now!

Updated today on the dev branch but my game still crashes in coop mode, is bis working on fixing this? I have updated my drivers, reinstalled the game etc etc.

Loving the new stuff though.

Just heard beta is out? Why no news thread anywhere?

Wtf I just watched Day of the Dead and I'm all tired and... shit, was gonna go to bed early.

Guess I’ll have to test it a bit now though.

In my documents i have 2 folders Arma3 and Arma3Alpha is obsolete.

lol - I just got knocked unconscious while trying to board a submersible. Went ragdoll after getting bumped in the head and thought I was dead as I watched my seemingly lifeless body descend into the abyss from another units perspective -with red chemlight on and ragdoll, it was very dramatic!

Is this a new feature -knocked out with ragdoll? If so, awesome :)

Happy with the Beta content and performance wise for the most part although my scuba AI still switch to pistol (have Stanag loaded SDAR) everytime we reach shore -is this intended?

Keep up the great work!

Also wanted to say its great that units fall to prone after taking to big a step -that's a HUGE improvement over Arma2 break a leg or die after a small fall.

The F2000's flash hider is supposed to be like that. IMO ugly, but that's how it is in real life.

lol - I just got knocked unconscious while trying to board a submersible. Went ragdoll after getting bumped in the head and thought I was dead as I watched my seemingly lifeless body descend into the abyss from another units perspective -with red chemlight on and ragdoll, it was very dramatic!

Happy with the Beta content and performance wise for the most part although my scuba AI still switch to pistol (have Stanag loaded SDAR) everytime we reach shore -is this intended?

Keep up the great work!

Also wanted to say its great that units fall to prone after taking to big a step -that's a HUGE improvement over Arma2 break a leg or die after a small fall.

Nope, I've been hit by the AI drivers and ragdolled and then gotten back up before the Beta. It just happened to an AI squad mate during a test mission I was running and I turned and watched him get nailed by the APC and thought "Oh Lawd", ran a few steps and turned and watched him get back up. Kinda funny in a way.

Not new - can confirm been in A3A since launch. I know because I have a boat mission and got knocked out quite a few times (and sunk to bottom of ocean lol)

Bug: Combined Arms Showcase. Couldn't complete the first objective. LAV and all troops in compound but wouldn't complete. Other issue was the LAV ran over about 3 BLUFOR guys...