Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Sorry I only had ARMA II free so no mods, I found a couple of videos on youtube but I don't really see what you mean in them.

Can't find the original video showing that ,but BF3 has similiar thing >

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Oh I missed the cancelled part. Hopefully not :( At least server browser needs an overhaul and in-game controls and interaction needs to change a lot (one step in the right direction in the dev branch already). Dunno what the communications part is.

they most likely mean the some VON improvements

Can't find the original video showing that ,but BF3 has similiar thing >

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

they most likely mean the some VON improvements

Perhaps movement from speex audio codec to oculus (Teamspeak 3 has it for example)

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

This is from tweeter:

For weapons like the MXSW and Mk 200 which already have bipods - will they become separate attachments?

The current goal is to support bipods as slottable attachments; existing weapons would have to be upgraded.

Source: https://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/557932944527200257

If bipods are slottable attachments where will they slot?

Example of inventory:

Sounds like great engine improvements, really hope the ghillies have any use against AI this time around. Looking forward to Marksmen DLC!

/KC

Yes it has more common with VSS/Val than the FAL - the main part is the integral suppressor

i never understood this russian obsession for this type of rifle

i never understood this russian obsession for this type of rifle

Internal suppressed weapons act a lot better then attach suppressors, for the likes of special forces and snipers this is a big advantage.

Internal suppressed weapons act a lot better then attach suppressors, for the likes of special forces and snipers this is a big advantage.

yes i know! but they have a wide range of this rifles if i remember well, even in high caliber

Notice the duct tape or whatever wrapped around the weapon? I wonder if we'll be able to put different colors of weapon wraps on the rifles & stuff. Now that would really improve the ghillie suits.

I don't care about content as long as i have weapon resting, after 14 years...yay !

An 3D editor! Heck, I started growing white hair while waiting for it ( literally ) hahaha

I'm also hyped about the arsenal for vehicles, it seems that allows diff textures and the puzzle piece, who knows...

Edited by MistyRonin

Blown away by 2015 roadmap! AI pathfinding, 3D editor, weapon resting (and bipods), server browser ..... That's it, I'm working part time from 2016

So how exactly are the guns being handled in terms of ads, if you pick them up you get the adverts?

+18

refine weapon handling more broadly

new attachments and ghillie suits

Virtual Arsenal will be extended to include vehicles; here, players will be able to try out all (owned and unowned) game content without restrictions or notifications.

'Weapon Stabilization'

'resting' and 'deployment'

common multiplayer needs, such as incapacitation and revival, with a view to building on this work with engine implementation in the long term

full mod support

getting into addon 'dependencies'

prototyping has officially started on a 3D editor.

we're taking aim at overhauling the server browser, in-game interactions and controls, and communications

a new terrain remains our main priority

is our intention to make refinements to AI pathfinding - work that will benefit both this new terrain, and our previous releases

:slayer2:

Edited by Smurf

Also - 7 new weapons: 5 rifles and 2 machine guns

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/scanning_2015_2.jpg

Futuristic VSS and i hope for LSAT machine gun

A fucking 12.7mm futuristic VSS. Aaaawh Yeah. Excited for Bipods, aswell. I wonder how these 5 new Rifles & 2 MG's will be given to the factions. And, are they *Marksman* Rifles only, as the DLC Name would imply, or are there Assault, Battle and Marksman Rifles included.

Interested about the "within an arc of fire" comment, no more spinning around when prone?
I think it will be like "turret" when using the bipod like ACE had in arma 2

I can only hope that you guys are right and not only gun movement on bipods but the prone too will be done properly this time. By "properly" I mean like it was done in Rainbow Six more than 10 years ago:

I really hope they don't cancel the communication improvements. I really want better coms, it lags too much over servers. It becomes ok the longer you play, but it could be better. Everything else seems unreal, probably because i'm half asleep at this point. That VSS looks bad-ass. I played arma 2 today, chose a VSS over an M-107. Ended up winning a vs. 2 guys with TWS AS-50's. =D

Hoping for really, really top notch sound effects for the weapons, and resting sounds too! I want to hear sounds for resting my gun on different surfaces. =D

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/scanning_2015_2.jpg

I didn't get it - is it 12.7x54 or is it .335? Cause .50cal VSS is a bit weird imho =).

Basicly 12.7x54 =.335 (nobody calls it .335 since it is kinda weird tho) and yes that's a realistic ammo - http://world.guns.ru/sniper/large-caliber-sniper-rifles/rus/vks-vssk-vychlop-e.html

Edited by RobertHammer

This is really good to hear. Bipods that have been thought through and implemented well. An evolution of the recoil. These are freaking great to see.

The marksman Dlc is my most anticipated. It could change and improve a very importat core of the game. For marksman though I hope that at least one of the rifles are bolt action with the action able to be manually cycled after each shot (don't want to cycle too soon to disturb the sight picture and see where the shot is landing), animation of the character hand cycling the bolt every time, ability to chamber single bullets, a more advanced 'settling' into the rifle which allows greater accuracy when prone but takes settling time to achieve. Plus better hit effects on targets to make the process more rewarding (blood, knockdown, armour protection only where is visible on the body