Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Really hoping the dlc has wider range of goodies. After all "Helicopters" brought us FFV for other vehicles.....would love to see some suppression.....everytime I see that unusable command I die a little

So first I would guess there would be 3 major features.

It was hinted that weapon stabilization was in research.Secondly maybe they will

pick off like for heli DLC top voted features from feedback tracker?

If we assume weapon bipods are in 2 more option got left, maybe round in chamber

accounting?(is on top voted features list).

Proper body armor modeling?(is on top voted features list)

Picture in picture feature? (I wouldn't count on)

Edited by enex

So first I would guess there would be 3 major features.

It was hinted that weapon stabilization was in research.Secondly maybe they will

pick off like for heli DLC top voted features from feedback tracker?

If we assume weapon bipods are in 2 more option got left, maybe round in chamber

accounting?(is on top voted features list).

Proper body armor modeling?(is on top voted features list)

Picture in picture feature? (I wouldn't count on)

I'm certain we will see some kind of weapon resting, hopefully with fluid animations too. Proper body armor would be really cool. As for Picture In Picture however... Well...

https://twitter.com/Killzone_Kid/status/527612233669672960

Let's hope we can get some upgrades to this.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

In addition, there will be at least 4 (maybe more) personal weapons in the Marksman DLC.

My guess would be a significant amount of playable content will come with marksmen (as opposed to almost nil with helicopters, I'm not including time trials).

Not sure PIP would work too well in its current implementation, for one it doesn't render shadows so you lose a bit of depth perception not to mention it would be considered a "cheat" of sorts. The other is course the frame rate issue.

As far as i could test it, PiP also has far too low rendering distance to be of any use.

The top things that in my humble opinion would have to be in the marksman DLC are the following

Weapon resting..................I can´t imagine high precision Sniper rifles without such a feature

Wind affecting bullets.............this makes the shooting more realistic, more challenging (at great distances) and serves as a balance to counter the increased precision of rested weapons.

Someone made a great ACE2 sniper campaign for Arma 2. BIS should make something like that.

PIP scopes would be nice but in current rv engine its meh (making the proper 3D pip it would need alot of rework in the engine)

i would rather see some fixes around this 3D zoom one or even making 2D one more dynamic like

or in

also i liked to see a Second Focal Plane scope reticle support - in arma 3 we kinda have it but its more step based rather than smooth as it should be

arma does support First Focal Plane reticles , but it would be nice to see the same with Second Focal Plane reticles

then maybe reticle illumination too

and ofc it must have Weapon Resting/Bipods and Wind affecting bullets + MP sync

Edited by RobertHammer

My guess would be a significant amount of playable content will come with marksmen (as opposed to almost nil with helicopters, I'm not including time trials).

Really hoping this is the case. The Helicopters DLC seems more like a mechanic update and less of a sort of expansion.

I'd live for a new campaign focused on the updated sniping and shooting mechanics.

Really hoping this is the case. The Helicopters DLC seems more like a mechanic update and less of a sort of expansion.

I'd live for a new campaign focused on the updated sniping and shooting mechanics.

I wouldn't expect a campaign in that dlc tho (bootcamp free dlc had but Heli pay dlc didn't), most likely there will be training VR missions + 1 or 2 sp missions max

Edited by RobertHammer

Some co-op missions would be welcome. There is a distinct lack of proper, official co-op scenarios in this game. What was the last one released, Escape From Altis? Seems like the mission designers are always busy making time trials and defend and Zeus scenarios and stuff like that. I know there's a focus on that kind of thing but some standard co-ops would be nice too.

I wouldn't expect a campaign in that dlc tho (bootcamp free dlc had but Heli pay dlc didn't), most likely there will be training VR missions + 1 or 2 sp missions max

Well in the latest sitrep there was a word about development for a new "map", together with new buildings, this is planned as a DLC after the marksman DLC (after that @RIE will also probely reveal a update on the "roadmap").

A new map may also include a new SP campaign and some new coop missions ;)

Well in the latest sitrep there was a word about development for a new "map", together with new buildings, this is planned as a DLC after the marksman DLC (after that @RIE will also probely reveal a update on the "roadmap").

A new map may also include a new SP campaign and some new coop missions ;)

The new map is being build for the upcoming expansion (end of 2015, I'm sure it will be push to early 2016). Bis always gave us a campaign + missions in their previous ones.

The new map is being build for the upcoming expansion (end of 2015, I'm sure it will be push to early 2016). Bis always gave us a campaign + missions in their previous ones.

Well, I do hope the maps is some kind of urban area, say 5KMX5KM, 300+ tall buidings.... we have had enough rural view islands.

Well, I do hope the maps is some kind of urban area, say 5KMX5KM, 300+ tall buidings.... we have had enough rural view islands.

Lol, 5kmX5km. Aha... ahaha... Ahahahaha... :rolleyes:

Love the joke, ill use that sometime.

Lol, 5kmX5km. Aha... ahaha... Ahahahaha... :rolleyes:

Love the joke, ill use that sometime.

Zaaaargaagabad? That came in an expansion was an urban area and wasn't much more then 5x5. So if something like that happened along with a larger "proper" terrain I'd be happy with that.

Zaaaargaagabad? That came in an expansion was an urban area and wasn't much more then 5x5. So if something like that happened along with a larger "proper" terrain I'd be happy with that.

That's to speak of two terrains. For example, with Stratis, came Altis. Utes, Chernarus. I wouldn't mind a small teaser map, but ONLY as a taste of the real deal. Simply a small map would not be worth an "Expansion" to me. An "Expansion" best come with a large map, as big as Altis/Chernarus maybe even, but any smaller would not be worth it in my Opinion. But hell, what do i know, BIS already knows exactly the destination for said map. But still, you know what i mean.

Maybe, in the expansion, they'll do the same as OA: 2 maps, 1 big and 1 small.

Who knows?

It's not like they did anything different in Arma 3, you know, Stratis?

Anyway i'm hoping for a terrain that borders with both water and land, i'm tired of playing only on islands...

It's not like they did anything different in Arma 3, you know, Stratis?

Anyway i'm hoping for a terrain that borders with both water and land, i'm tired of playing only on islands...

Agree. I just really hope they blow our minds. It's something we've never experienced before, so I bet that if we look at all the terrain types BIS ever had, and subtract that from of list of existing Terrains we could figure it out. But we still wouldn't know. It hasn't been done.

It will be south east asia or pacific ocean imho, it is mentioned a few times during the campaign and it's definitely new.

I would like a small island in the corner of the map that you can use as debug island.

There's one on Chernarus, but not Altis for some reason.

Yes you can use one of the small islands off the coast, but players sometimes want to use those for their own purposes (bases etc).

I would like a small island in the corner of the map that you can use as debug island.

You forgot the one that was brought with the Bootcamp DLC. It's perfect for that.