Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

They didn't care enough to make separate models for static weapons or antitank/antiair missile launchers, i don't see why giving the same shotgun would've been a problem.

So the one with wheels works fine but tracked ones don't... Well, there is also a problem with wheeled ones getting stuck around 99% of the time. The water based physics are a major issue with low priority, but, that's another topic for another thread.

I think my post got mixed with my signature lol.

Lol, I couldn't tell, cus I'm on mobile. I agree with your comment, a lot of stuff was mirrored anyway, however, though... I can see why BIS wouldn't, seeing as even the same shotguns would be a little obsurd... Even though the RFB (SDAR) is used by all... Though if I were a designer, I would take the AK-12 diversity route. Katiba-DV (shotgun Katiba) anyone?

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

In b4 collective heart attack.

#BIPODS

Best way to announce anything ever.

MARKSMEN DLC

Let's kick off with Arma 3 Marksmen DLC: an opportunity to add interesting new firearms and scenarios, and refine weapon handling more broadly. Looking first at the content, we plan to introduce 7 new weapons: 5 rifles and 2 machine guns. Our goal is to expand the diversity of the sandbox; we've selected weapons with distinctive roles and aesthetics, which we intend to unveil closer to launch. Alongside these, new attachments and ghillie suits form the backbone of the sandbox content. In terms of scenarios, new showcase missions will be supported by additional VR training topics, plus, a brand new MP mode (about which we'll share more information soonâ„¢). Furthermore, the Virtual Arsenal will be extended to include vehicles; here, players will be able to try out all (owned and unowned) game content without restrictions or notifications.

Turning our attention to the 'platform updates', we're happy to officially confirm our work on 'Weapon Stabilization'. Previously, we've talked about this in more abstract terms, so - while we plan to offer more concrete details (and Dev-Branch progress!) over the next few months - let's dig into some specifics. We've approached this work in 2 ways: 'resting' and 'deployment'. Weapon Resting describes the 'passive' benefit of a player's weapon above a stable surface. Propped up on a low wall; leaning against the bonnet of a vehicle; lying prone, etc. Building upon that basis, Weapon Deployment describes an 'active' choice. Using attachments like bipods, players create a dynamic pivot point, around which their weapon is aimed and discharged, within an arc of fire.

Of course, we're only scratching the surface of Marksmen's development. Under the sage stewardship of Sandbox Design, there are a number of other features and more content in development, but we'd like to share these once we're more confident that they'll fit into the Marksmen development schedule. In brief, we're looking at making improvements to certain aspects of audio, AI, and the handling of recoil more broadly. Aside from this, our scenario designers are focusing upon basic MP gameplay systems. The goals of this work will be shared in detail along with the aforementioned 'MP mode'; in short, our intention is to experiment with new scripted solutions to common multiplayer needs, such as incapacitation and revival, with a view to building on this work with engine implementation in the long term.

Also - 7 new weapons: 5 rifles and 2 machine guns

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/scanning_2015_2.jpg

Futuristic VSS and i hope for LSAT machine gun

Edited by RobertHammer

Interested about the "within an arc of fire" comment, no more spinning around when prone?

Of course, we're only scratching the surface of Marksmen's development. Under the sage stewardship of Sandbox Design, there are a number of other features and more content in development, but we'd like to share these once we're more confident that they'll fit into the Marksmen development schedule.

Just want to point this out before somebody starts with "only 7 new weapons and bipods?"

Interested about the "within an arc of fire" comment, no more spinning around when prone?

I think it will be like "turret" when using the bipod like ACE had in arma 2

I'm guessing one of the new weapons with be chambered in .300 Winchester Magnum then... :)

I'm guessing one of the new weapons with be chambered in .300 Winchester Magnum then... :)

.338 too :p

I think it will be like "turret" when using the bipod like ACE had in arma 2

Sorry I only had ARMA II free so no mods, I found a couple of videos on youtube but I don't really see what you mean in them.

.338 too :p

The miniguns are (or at least were once) already described as being chambered 8.6mm (.338) ammunition in the game, so I'm not sure whether that one's just carrying over one of the other existing calibres that are configured.

Would be nice to have some proper .338 Lapua Magnum rifles too though.

Ed:-

Nah, it seems the miniguns are definitely configured as 6.5mm and 7.62x51mm now, so .338 is likely a new calibre

Edited by da12thMonkey

- Bipods/gun resting!

- 3D editor on the making!

- Arsenal with vehicles

- Overhauling the server browser, in-game interactions and controls, and communications!

- Looking at making improvements to certain aspects of audio, AI, and the handling of recoil more broadly

- And some more optimization and small things naturally

:cool:

EMEGHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD.

I need an adult, this is too much.

- Bipods/gun resting!

- 3D editor on the making!

- Arsenal with vehicles

- Overhauling the server browser, in-game interactions and controls, and communications!

- Looking at making improvements to certain aspects of audio, AI, and the handling of recoil more broadly

- And some more optimization and small things naturally

Hehe calm down men :cool:

For example, we're taking aim at overhauling the server browser, in-game interactions and controls, and communications.

Some of these changes are already leaking out the sides on Dev-Branch. Others may yet be postponed or even cancelled.

But the bipods are happening!With arc of fire! Sweet!

For the first time in years i can finally say i'm hyped about what lies ahead of this game. ;)

Hehe calm down men :cool:

For example, we're taking aim at overhauling the server browser, in-game interactions and controls, and communications.

Some of these changes are already leaking out the sides on Dev-Branch. Others may yet be postponed or even cancelled.

But the bipods are happening!With arc of fire! Sweet!

Oh I missed the cancelled part. Hopefully not :( At least server browser needs an overhaul and in-game controls and interaction needs to change a lot (one step in the right direction in the dev branch already). Dunno what the communications part is.

My CSAT senses are tingling about that gun concept. Looks awesome. SOFfy.

Give them some wuv, too!

told ya, it's just tip of iceberg ... and it still is even while melting in devblog leaks ;)