Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Zombie Go Karts confirmed!

Escape the Chernarus while you're chased by brain hungry go kart zombies!

Well it can't be for the ArmA 3 Engine, they still havn't fixed ponds.

Take On Zombies! :D

Eeeegggghh....maybe its dayz's official release?

Hey @Arma3official I was reading up on the ArmA 3 Tactical Guide, and it shows 2 shotguns, the Bulldog and AA-12 when are these being added
@FluroTech Hi, we don't have plans to add those. They were part of early proof-of-concept and prototype versions only, but never finished.

from https://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/540786997233987584

So we can forget about those shotguns being added in the near future :/

These "proof-of-concept" they make should be kept internal and not shown to the public.

Its like: people see screenshot. and thinks. wow.. look at what they are making and what we will get.

Its not the first time they do this. "its only a poc"

Most of us has seen the screen shot from (pre) alpha. showing off vehicles etc and later they say. we did it only for poc| or used them as place holder.

If they want to show off something. show us what they are really working on. not some POC.

In the guide you can also see a C130, a F35 and a different NATO camo uniform. At the time many of us were happy to see these until someone confirmed that that will not be part of the game :(

i love everyones excitement for the new persepctive and then suddenly... "oh"

Nothing stings quite as much as unfinished business. You'd think a place as cynical as the internet would learn to temper their expectations regarding cryptic announcements by now.

What's cryptic about a screenshot of an F35 or an Osprey in the Arma 3 engine with an Arma 3 logo on it too?

One would reasonably assume that content will be part of the game at some point.

He's talking about the Chernarus thing that ended up being Mini DayZ.

Anybody who was expecting that announcement to be anything to do with Arma 3 was deluding themselves, because it was announced on the BI Store website. Everybody should have learned by now, specifically from the Take On Helicopters announcement ARG, that if it's not announced through dedicated Arma channels then it's probably nothing to do with Arma. Those who thought it was going to be Chernarus+ in Arma 3 were being very silly indeed.

Well, at least we learned not to expect anything. So at least when some meaningful content is released, we learn to accept it, even though it may now be too much of a surprise or game changer. Even though it would be nice to have a shotgun or two. To be honest as well, though, in regards to the Marksman DLc, they should have a few guns that are for non Premium's as well, like when they added to Orca white and black, and the Civilian bird. Because well, imagine the complaints of some getting 8 or so guns that others can't use, and they may need something to offset that. So maybe they can finish the un-finished models and throw em in for free, seeing as it's waste data otherwise. Or, take the KSG model and simply convert it into a railed RFB instead. Maybe in 7.62? Meh, good confirm on the shotguns though.

from https://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/540786997233987584

So we can forget about those shotguns being added in the near future :/

As I posted elsewhere, Matt Lightfoot confirmed on Reddit a while back that they weren't planning shotguns in part because they considered them lower-priority than other weapon types.
Well, at least we learned not to expect anything. So at least when some meaningful content is released, we learn to accept it, even though it may now be too much of a surprise or game changer.
Sounds like "no promises" is working as intended...
in regards to the Marksman DLc, they should have a few guns that are for non Premium's as well, like when they added to Orca white and black, and the Civilian bird.
A Helicopters-like difference would be variants on existing weapons, the "all new" ones would still be locked out.

Because well, imagine the complaints of some getting 8 or so guns that others can't use, and they may need something to offset that.

Aww diddums. How about those tight-arses actually buy the guns instead of acting like a bunch of self-entitled twats?

The Big bullshit with Arma 3 prior to release was that all those screens showing those weapons were labeled as Arma 3 ingame. It was reasonable to expect those things to be in the game. I see this as false advertising.

I would guess it wasn't meant as false advertisement.Instead it falls in same category as TKOH flight models, bipods and other

promised/axed features and to sum it up with one word "over ambitious" (developers) without making sure if they could make

every promise on schedule.

Those weapons might show up later in the expansion - i just hope for bipods/weapon resting in the upcoming dlc

hopefully some new scopes and maybe the Coriolis effect or however its spelt will be put in like in the ACE mod

How can shotguns (pallets and other types of ammo) be taken out if they were a feature for PMC DLC back then?

Is in the simple things that Arma fails the most.

How can shotguns (pallets and other types of ammo) be taken out if they were a feature for PMC DLC back then?

Is in the simple things that Arma fails the most.

I think I know why, and it shadows on a bigger picture of Arma 3. At some point, I'm certain they were going to go a certain way. Weather or not they threw in balancing at that point, is in certain. Notice almost all the factions have equal gear, of the same kind. Vehicles wise. Now look at weapons. They have the same things. So that shotgun that got scrapped, although none of us can figure out why, it look like a finished model, maybe they couldn't figure out what the other teams would get to offset it. How about the M-29? Perhaps with that, it was a long range m-203 basically. So some of these things may have been left out, due to this cancerous thing called balancing. I think it's the same with certain features. They take out features of some assets, in order to prevent from having to add more assets, or strategical content to offset them. This kind of balancing, is a big issue. I could be utterly wrong, but, from what I've been seeing in my honest opinion, that's what's going on.

They didn't care enough to make separate models for static weapons or antitank/antiair missile launchers, i don't see why giving the same shotgun would've been a problem.