Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

while we're on the ammo already in game subject, maybe we'll see a proper 12.7×99mm anti material rifle make its way in, dreaming of M107's and AS50's :p

while we're on the ammo already in game subject, maybe we'll see a proper 12.7×99mm anti material rifle make its way in, dreaming of M107's and AS50's :p

Well we may also see the MRAD given the addition of .338/.308. Or possibly, knowing how Opfor/Blufor are balanced, we may even see the CS5 with the .308 win. caliber.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

DarkSideSixOfficial is gonna have to chime in for confirmation, but my reply to him was in the assumption that he was speculating of the possibility of one of the as of yet not shown new weapons being a 12.7×108mm, either a heavy MG or anti material rifle due to its inclusion on the bottom right side of this imagehttp://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/scanning_2015_2.jpg.

Yes, that is what i was referring to, i looked up the GM6 lynx and the 12.7x108 is indeed used with it. As for the other rounds, we will have to wait and see. BMG may just be used in a static .50 machine gun. Then again, who knows. China has 5 Anti Material rifles that can use both rounds. Hmmm...

I wonder if the new ghillie suit will be a newly rigged DayZ ghillie suit (ghillie cape here), which is really well done, or if it will be a different model made from the ground up for Arma 3.

On the subject of ghillie suits, I hope they will add face paint. Like not available as a head in the profile editor but as removable in-game paint that goes in the "Glasses" slot of your inventory. Mostly because 1: Good for camoflage and 2: those ghillie suits in DayZ standalone really make your face stick out.

If face paint is added, they'd have to get rid of the balaclavas already worn under the suits that have been there since Alpha.

Well we may also see the MRAD given the addition of .338/.308. Or possibly, knowing how Opfor/Blufor are balanced, we may even see the CS5 with the .308 win. caliber.

Chris Torchia, who has modelled a lot of guns for Arma 3 and now works in the DayZ dev team, still had this beautiful MRAD laying around. Perhaps it will find its use in the Marksman DLC ;)

Chris Torchia, who has modelled a lot of guns for Arma 3 and now works in the DayZ dev team, still had this beautiful MRAD laying around. Perhaps it will find its use in the Marksman DLC ;)

the CQB in Arma is definitely gone.........;)

I wish for much higher quality weapons like Dayz Standalone has and i hope this MRAD will make it to ArmA 3

Matt Lightfoot has implied that they're not happening due to dev leadership prioritizing other weapon types, so if they do shotguns it'll probably be as an unannounced surprise/bonus the same way that the M-900 and Orca (Black & White) were.

If they added in a prone reload animation to match the standing/crouching one that is already buried within the ArmA pbo files, we can make the bloody shotguns ourselves. For that matter, we could do the animations ourselves, but unfortunately I'm not an animations guy so, any volunteers?

If face paint is added, they'd have to get rid of the balaclavas already worn under the suits that have been there since Alpha.

Not really, I mean you could just have a "Balaclava [Wood Paint]" or something. Then snipers could wear a balaclava, face paint, or whatever they wanted to have under their ghillie suit.

Not really, I mean you could just have a "Balaclava [Wood Paint]" or something. Then snipers could wear a balaclava, face paint, or whatever they wanted to have under their ghillie suit.

Why would you wear face-paint under a balaclava, when all we can see is YOUR EYES! Lmao. I think he means the Bandanna's.

Why would you wear face-paint under a balaclava, when all we can see is YOUR EYES! Lmao. I think he means the Bandanna's.

lol

He's just suggesting different options, like a sniper could wear a balaclava, or face paint (that is, instead of the balaclava), or whatever they want to have under their ghillie suit.

It would simply require different ghille suit models (with & without a balaclava, etc.) and painted faces for us to choose from.

lol

He's just suggesting different options, like a sniper could wear a balaclava, or face paint (that is, instead of the balaclava), or whatever they want to have under their ghillie suit.

It would simply require different ghille suit models (with & without a balaclava, etc.) and painted faces for us to choose from.

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, painted faces would be cool indeed.

Have to admit I'ver always disliked the "knitted" balaclava look on the snipers. Camo paint or even a thin tactical (tacti-cool???) version that was a suitable colour/camo. Would be good if the model got some love in the DLC...

Have to admit I'ver always disliked the "knitted" balaclava look on the snipers. Camo paint or even a thin tactical (tacti-cool???) version that was a suitable colour/camo. Would be good if the model got some love in the DLC...

They can always make different face options. I would first love to see my character grab the bolt, pull it back, and watch the casing fly out of my LRR. I also want them to have the Casing's more noticeable, right now they spawn like a foot out of the ejection port, so you never see it unless your in third person. How coll would it be to hear and see your casings.

I think i have something to revel guys! Not sure if it's just me, but i'm fairly certain, they are updating rag doll animations to make getting shot look more authentic. I am in Dev Branch, and noticed a guy twist around from his shoulder downward.

lol

...Sort of. What I really meant was that you can have a ghillie suit without anything under it, just a bunch of burlap strips & vegitation. Then if you want you can place a balaclava, face paint, or whatever "Glasses" item in the "Glasses" slot in your inventory. That way there is only one ghille suit model for that specific camo and faction, but interchangeable balaclavas & face paint.

There you go mates, it's reality

Too bad that the Akina won't be bullpup :( That gun is a beast.

Too bad that the Akina won't be bullpup :( That gun is a beast.

The fact that we get a silenced 50.cal is amazing enough :D

BIS twitted that the finalists of the contest are to be known tomorrow.

Haven't seen if they stated an hour or not.

Any info?