Part of the today's changelog:

Tell me, why did they used subammunition before? It really looked bad, now it is nice again.

And the Miniguns can still destroy buildings. The ammo has still splashdamage.

I don't know about you, but the mini gun's i've seen fire in real life, do more damage than the ones in game. And yes, they are capable of destroying houses. And yes, they have even more splash effect in real life than in game. Just saying...

Mhmm I thought it was something else. Before the todays change the miniguns fired other projectiles at the first ~50 meters that didn't have laserbeam-tracers. They were more like red spheres. After that range they became the normal tracer ammo. I thought that this was the subammo (ammo changes on the fly). But the firerate of both game versions feels the same.

What you mean was maybe the Arma 2 solution where they spawned multiple rounds per frame to achieve the higher firerate. But as far as I know this was never part of the Arma 3 miniguns (sadly).

EDIT: can miniguns destroy a two story building in less than 5-10 seconds? And what do you mean with the splash effect? I dont think that real miniguns fire High Explosive rounds, at least not in Arma 2. But correct me if i am wrong, I have only a very small weapon knowledge...

arma 2 miniguns were more realistic - damage and speed wise

also giving the minigun's ammo more penetration is a mistake because our real life miniguns (m134) mostly have "regular" tracer 7.62x51mm NATO rounds

and they cant penetrate more than 7.62x51mm NATO round allows - not magical penetration more than .50 cal

speaking of witch arma 3 miniguns are 6.5x39mm rounds witch are even weaker than ours

Edited by RobertHammer

Is this a setaccTime command that works in MP and does not speed up animations etc. but weather and time?

setTimeMultiplier //Time multiplier for in game time. //e.g. setTimeMultiplier 60

TimeMultiplier //Returns actual game time multiplier value

atm. not yet documented on BIKI but the setTimeMultiplier is similar to the time multiplier settings you may see in DayZ

also it shall be server-side only in multi-player and it works in single-player

Edited by Dwarden

setTimeMultiplier //Time multiplier for in game time. //e.g. setTimeMultiplier 60

atm. not yet documented on BIKI but the setTimeMultiplier is similar to the time multiplier settings you may see in DayZ

Edit: I mean, The Banana is Dancing in the Hot Summer Sun.

Setting the timeMultiplier to 0 makes the game heavily unresponsive, even after quitting the mission that executed it. Small values like 0.00001 still allow for the slowing down of time, and negative values allow for reversal of time but 0 outright kills the game.

Edit:

If you put the time to go backwards, let's say timeMultiplier to -100, every 30 minutes of ArmA ingame clock time, game freezes for a second. More negative the multiplier, the faster 30 minutes pass and faster the game freezes. This does not happen with the large positive multipliers.

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Following proper protocol!

Set setTimeMultiplier 60 would make an hour in game pass in a minute real world, correct?

Also if this was just implemented then that is incredible, I was literally just thinking I could do with something like this for what I was working on.

Brace yourselves, an avalanche of time-lapse videos is coming.

[...]

Yay, I can finally revive my camping-mod. It depends on faster day-night-cycle and the fast moving clouds with a short skiptime loop were a showstopper.

about frikkin time!! thank you! this is such an important thing. finally one can "simulate" longer operations.

is it possible to fix these rocks, so you can walk on. atm. you just glitch around.
also the textures are wrong.

i do like the stamina and weapon sway, but the slomo effect it really feels wrong.

is it possible to add a new animation to that state.

listen to the footsteps in this video from beginning to end !

and soundeffects for footsteps are completely wrong. they dont feel attached to the
body. they are all over the place.

with trackir it is more horrible. by moving your head the footsteps turn around.

place make this an hotfix please!!

I just tried compressing fdf_isle1_a.pbo (a 353mb island) with 7zip and it shrunk 50%.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post.

you are quite correct here. We, (cwr2) compress files within the pbo using lzss compression as a matter of course. Mostly for the benefit of mission sqm's and configs and any small or major benefit for other types. I had forgotten the benefit of doing so to wrp as it goes unnoticed in our pbo's relative to then zipping the pbo as a comparison check.

All in all i have to take my comment back as it is incorrect.

Does this work only on Devbranch?

yes, it's for now only in DEV branch

yes, it's for now only in DEV branch

Okay thanks :)

Is there a command to disable those scripting error informations which pop ups middle of the screen?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19755

soundbugs are all over the place:

listen to the "skid mark" sound it moves in the stereo field while braking , than go back to middle.

engine sound is on the right when turned out.

enginesound moves in stereo when you move your head

on the jet you hear it really good. enginesounds moves around in stereofield

when doing barrel-rolls. it goes all over the place.

in 1.22 evering was right.

there is really a hotfix needed.

Edited by themaster303

Never mind :D

Edited by Danil-ch

Also theres a weird soung bug in the dev version

made 2 quick videos showing the sound bug (laggy but you get an idea of the bug also csat guy had god mode on)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2F...mcyN0dOUkFmLXc

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2F...WYyYlJ6eFY1cGM

basicly the APC or the MG guy were shooting full auto at the csat guy and you as player you are near him but when you move like few meters away

sound changes like he was shooting in 3 round burst while visually he is still shooting full auto then you come back and now you hear the full auto

engine sound is on the right when turned out.

In this case it seems correct to me, since the engine is located right of the driver's firewall in Warrior (literally right next to where the driver sits). It should probably come from the right when turned in as well, but I can sort of imagine you get a lot of sound reflection off the other sides of the driver's pit when turned in, which brings the acoustics more into the centre.

I think the problem with those videos is that the stereo separation is far too drastic. Turning your head causes it to go almost instantly from left to right instead of a more linear sweep.

The cause of the sound location bug is the change from July 1st: Tweaked: Spatialization of loud sounds

This almost completely removed the stereo downmixing of close and loud sounds. For example, the footsteps were equally loud in all the channels before because they come from really close.

Before the change, a gunshot 20m away on your right played the sound with only about 10% lower volume on your left channel. It was really hard to detect the direction of these sounds.

Now a gunshot at 10m on your right:

3ZrUZVQ.jpg

I don't think this is very realistic, unless your ears are directional microphones.

I saw "Resistance commander placeholder fix" in todays dev build. What does that mean? Did it get removed, renamed, etc.. I want to know how it will affect missions that have them in it.

Well - the Mi-48 gun is bugged even more now ;)