Or is it just that concrete doesn't have dust on it? It might be intentional.

The "..." implies other known surface definitions - every surface on both terrains. See line 2679 ;)

Are the dust effects emitted from a running man disabled?

Line 2679 a3\a3\data_f\config.cpp

rightDustEffects[] = {{ "GdtStratisConcrete","RDustEffectsMan" }...
leftDustEffects[] = {{ "GdtStratisConcrete","LDustEffectsMan" }...

Thank you.

Strange, they should be there, maybe just too weak, feel free to give it a go with ParticleNames diagnostics on from diagnostic executable. We'll investigate it further :icon_evil:

Thanks for updating ConfigClasses scripting command description on the wiki - very useful examples.

Cheers.

Why did the actual devbranch breaks nearly all custom weaponsounds? Did i something wrong or is it intended to be like that?

Why did the actual devbranch breaks nearly all custom weaponsounds? Did i something wrong or is it intended to be like that?

Because the sound configs have been changed and modders haven't updated their stuff yet. It's mentioned a few times in this thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179308-Weapon-sounds-affected-by-suppressors-change-in-1-23

Sr DnA could I would like to respond briefly to these images I've taken from the RC version 1.24. May check that the caps and hats can be seen as overlapping textures balaclava.

Could you tell me if this is normal or an anomaly?

Thank you

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah11/_Metralla_/arma32014-07-0921-21-20-90_zps3ec1da1c.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah11/_Metralla_/arma32014-07-0921-19-47-45_zpsc6a1b86b.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah11/_Metralla_/arma32014-07-0921-20-29-15_zps9d2baa68.jpg

Could you tell me if this is normal or an anomaly?

It's not normal, but we're also not sure we will be able to remove all clipping from all combinations of gear. We've focused on the most logical combinations, but unfortunately do not possess advanced cloth layering technology in our engine - so it's all about manual tweaking.

Because the sound configs have been changed and modders haven't updated their stuff yet. It's mentioned a few times in this thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179308-Weapon-sounds-affected-by-suppressors-change-in-1-23

Thx guys, i m not reading everyday this thread, sorry that i miss this information. Wouldnt ask if i would know about.

To make it clear: that means with the next stable Patch all mod Weapons will be without sound?

I disabled automatic updates. I rather stay with the old stable version than messing up the whole thing.

If I need I would update in 2 months if everything looks ok.

To make it clear: that means with the next stable Patch all mod Weapons will be without sound?

At the first second yeah. But a lot of mods / addon-makers have already prepared a update to fix this ( and even some include more stuff ).

Yes. All the mods that use old configs and don't make the needed changes.

For those of you worried about mod compatibility, I can say that we updated (not released though) a certain mod and made it compatible several weeks ago. We are just waiting for this patch to go to stable, then we plan to release ASAP. I suspect other modders are doing the same thing.

Edited by Brisse

Thank you guys, thats a good information. I was worried about that, but this informations calms me down ^^

We are still not able to update the game on Steam, so no update today either.

That's weird, I wonder what could had happen with Steam.

I guess that also applies for the official patch & DLC.

They just have issues uploading sometimes, check back in the dev branch changelog thread and you'll see it occurs quite a few times.

Something changed with supply box (B_supplyCrate_F) recently. When attached it have massive offset down and nearestobjects-command also detect it only with big range (~20m) even it would be set from player position and player would be next to the crate. Other crates seem to work normally.

Something changed with supply box (B_supplyCrate_F) recently. When attached it have massive offset down and nearestobjects-command also detect it only with big range (~20m) even it would be set from player position and player would be next to the crate. Other crates seem to work normally.

I've noticed in Zeus mode that its bounding box is now several tens of meters high - so I can confirm, there's definitely something fishy.

Also, with release candidate, UAV-terminal have no picture in inventory giving error message.

I've noticed in Zeus mode that its bounding box is now several tens of meters high - so I can confirm, there's definitely something fishy.

The bounding box of the IED objects is also much too wide (don't know about height). Given a move order, an AI walks all the way around it with a berth of about two or three meters. There's also been a bug with backpack objects for a long time now. It's impossible to place a backpack in an exact position (in the editor) if it's near any other object. If you try to put a backpack inside a building, it will usually end up somewhere outside. Ticket link in my signature.

Speaking of IEDs, there's a hilarious bug now where if you drop a demo charge from your inventory, the dropped model is that of the large IED covered in trash.

the most recent changelog (spotrep #00027) lists that one of the changes made to Arma3 was that the GameSpy / Steam button has been removed from multiplayer.

Without GameSpy enabled, all games found in multiplayer have a ping greater than 2000!

Why is that? And what can I do to fix it?

Speaking of IEDs, there's a hilarious bug now where if you drop a demo charge from your inventory, the dropped model is that of the large IED covered in trash.

Is there a ticket of this in the feedback tracker? I couldn't find one but just tested this myself and putting an explosive charge on the ground (not planting it but dropping it) does have the IED model. http://i.imgur.com/26yNdI6.jpg

Yeah, that's faulty DoF effect - it is shown via "cross" instead of circle (1st problem), and it's applied to optics reticles (2nd problem)

Remedy - disable DoF PP effect or use TMR-cso (disables fake 3d optics)

Or, we could not remedy it, and find a way to take it off of scopes as a fix instead. Should i make a ticket? If yes, ill make one tomorrow.