Yes, i have these bug too, and appears on last stable branch too( 1.22 )

horrible sound with headphone thats really scared me i think my pc will explode like the helicopter :rolleyes:

These two bugs now appeared in stable build. :mad:

1. The walking sounds are audible to your left when you look through your scope.

2. Metal plates sounds when moving are missing in the current Dev Build.

Edited by Danil-ch

I finally went 1.24 now find fault lol:yay:

Edited by Metralla

So 1.24 finally made it to stable this morning?

Yeap.

Thank you.... my eyes are not the same )

Launcher is a nice idea...but he needs a lot of work..

Edited by Anachoretes

Thank you.... my eyes are not the same )

Launcher is a nice idea...but he needs a lot of work..

Agreed, for example, it should also list installed addons, not only the ones installed via workshop. Different configs or "addon sets" would also be nice, I like to only load a specific set of addons when I am developing missions...

Agreed, for example, it should also list installed addons, not only the ones installed via workshop. Different configs or "addon sets" would also be nice, I like to only load a specific set of addons when I am developing missions...

Those are indeed both planned features for future iterations, and quite a bit more actually. Valve has also just released an update to their Steam SDK that should allow us to more efficiently support full mods on Workshop next.

Those are indeed both planned features for future iterations, and quite a bit more actually. Valve has also just released an update to their Steam SDK that should allow us to more efficiently support full mods on Workshop next.

Good to hear :)

I read about the update to the Steamworks API, supporting multiple files. I already wondered how to distribute stuff via Workshop if I can only specify one pbo, which is only applicable to smaller addons.

I read about the update to the Steamworks API, supporting multiple files. I already wondered how to distribute stuff via Workshop if I can only specify one pbo, which is only applicable to smaller addons.

Our original plan was to package the entire mod (a collection of PBOs) into a master PBO (which is effectively just an archive - some other games use ZIP on Workshop). But this SDK update may (we're yet to dig through its specifics) allow for a simpler approach.

Our original plan was to package the entire mod (a collection of PBOs) into a master PBO (which is effectively just an archive - some other games use ZIP on Workshop). But this SDK update may (we're yet to dig through its specifics) allow for a simpler approach.

Wouldn't a ZIP or 7Z archive be better? I mean, especially island addons tend to get big, downloading them uncompressed might be quite a strain on people's quota. (Incidentally, ever thought about compressed PBO's? Would be nice to be able to cut down disk space requirements, I think I am at 100 gigs already :))

Wouldn't a ZIP or 7Z archive be better? I mean, especially island addons tend to get big, downloading them uncompressed might be quite a strain on people's quota. (Incidentally, ever thought about compressed PBO's? Would be nice to be able to cut down disk space requirements, I think I am at 100 gigs already :))

(Arma 3) PBOs use a compression algorithm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lempel%E2%80%93Ziv%E2%80%93Oberhumer (we're licensing a professional variant for our games that is better, faster, splendidlier). This one focuses on speed, so perhaps for Workshop we can transfer in another compression technique, but let's see :)

Edit: as Mikero was quite keen to point out ... PBO itself does not compress, the files within them do. For Workshop storage it does not matter what compression is used, since the game is no factor (only the Publisher and Launcher handle these packages before they get stored in a game-ready format).

Edited by DnA

The benefit is that the SDK now supports identical patching/downloading as the Steam games have, so overall, it's going to be beneficial not to keep it a single archive for updating and whatnot. And considering that Steam always tends to download less data than I end up on disk with for games, I'm fairly certain they do some kind of compression inbetween.

>(Arma 3) PBOs use a compression algorithm: lzo

A pbo has no concept of lzo. Some file types such as p3d, paa, and wrp use lzo to compress *some* of their data. But, that's not pbo related.

lzss was unsupported in arma2 but remained usable to compress files within a pbo. cwr2 uses this technique.

apart from encrypted vbs, there is no overall 'compressed pbo' in the context of something like zip or rar.

wss uses a seoarate compression method, and rtm files a separate type of float compression.

overall, because of these various compressed types within the major files, there's not a great deal of mileage left in compressing the entirety.

Edited by Mikero

overall, because of these various compressed types within the major files, there's not a great deal of mileage left in compressing the entirety.

I just tried compressing fdf_isle1_a.pbo (a 353mb island) with 7zip and it shrunk 50%.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post.

Well now that the Bootcamp update is out, it'll be interesting to see what's up next. Other than bearing with the complaints and probably nerfing the sway until the Marksman DLC next year that may provide the distant solution to our current sway problem (Weapon rest/bracing)... I'm kinda hoping that we get to see what else BIS has been working on in between the lines.

compression will work in most cases only some types of textures are sort of nearly impossible to compress as they already compressed in the format itself

Added: Possibility to speed up game time

Is this a setaccTime command that works in MP and does not speed up animations etc. but weather and time?

Part of the today's changelog:

Miniguns don't use submunition anymore

Tell me, why did they used subammunition before? It really looked bad, now it is nice again.

And the Miniguns can still destroy buildings. The ammo has still splashdamage.

Part of the today's changelog:

Tell me, why did they used subammunition before?

They tried to simulate higher ROF than what the engine allows.