Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

In beta 60141 the mouse lag is back...some mouse lag on X and very much lag on Y.

+1 :butbut:

I agree with KorpeN, something is strange since beta 60091 and 60141, the mouse movement seems to be strange and lagging a bit, it just feels weird.

I have NEVER had any problems with the mouse movement in ARMA2, not in the DVD release or any other patches/betas.... now in 60091 I did notice strange mouse movement, but went into the menu to adjust it a bit lower.

I wouldnt call it lag but it just does not feel "right" or normal, something has changed, KorpeN's post reminded me of this.

Yapa

Yeah I have 30 fps and the game feels like I have 15 or less... In the previous beta patch this problem wasnt there.

I must also say that i find 60141 a bit laggy. Maybe performance is less? I don't have numbers but i feel it runs 'heavy'. I'll stick with it though, i'm confident BIS fixes everything for the best soon.

Ive measured fps/performance, and in my case it is the same.

However there is something different about the mouse, which required me to adjust my settings and even now its not 100% normal. I never had problems with the mouse before.

Also 'felt' mouse lag with this latest beta. Found myself fiddling with the mouse smoothing and so forth where I'd never done so before. Thought it was just me.

yes the mouse for me had to be speed up. And the hitch that went away with the 59210 .cfg render ahead , has came back... will start trying values other than 1 ,which worked awesome till 60091/60141 .

I also noticed the mouse lag and I've never noticed it before, It's only very slight and I convinced myself that it wasn't there but it looks like my first thoughts were correct and there is a touch of lag with the 60141 patch.

Came across an odd thing, not sure if its a bug and it only happened once as yet but riding a motorbike across the airfield then all of a sudden a large bang and smoke, could be a tyre blowing but it was a bit extreme. Map was editor with only me on it btw.

Thr0tt

you must of driven over a runway light ive seen them exploade when hitting then and shooting them, dont think its a bug or a feature.

1.08 just like in the days of arma1:cool:

Yeah lol. Thats what got my mind started on this. I dont think it will be 1.05 unless BIS does it some other way now. :) ArmA1 stepped from 1.04-1.08 hehe. We are at beta 6 so we passed 1.05 some time ago.

I still think 1.07 (BIS dont let me down or i'll lose some cash). :D

Mouselag 60141:

Hmm i cant agree there guys. Ive had a nasty ride since start where i DIDNT have any mouse problems and then some people came and messed it all up LOL! Anyway BIS managed to fix it and now its ok. Its not as good as before this ride started, but it is good enough to play and im not complaining.

But back to 60141 and your mouse lag. Did you really test setting the SkipFrames and the other one? changing them around. I have my both at "0" and my CPL one at "1". So i guess one of them is set to "1" and the other to "0". But this removes all lag from my game. Mouse smoothing in the options (in game) i have set to like 4-5 clicks from left (zero). So i guess maybe its like 20-25% something.

OK about the mouse lag in 60141

I set the parameters GPU_MaxFramesAhead=0;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0;

in ArmA2.cfg and the mouse lag disappeared. Try it out guyz and post your results.

OK about the mouse lag in 60141

I set the parameters GPU_MaxFramesAhead=0;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0;

in ArmA2.cfg and the mouse lag disappeared. Try it out guyz and post your results.

my optimum _maxframesahead=3, dunno why.

Just fiddle around with it and find your optimum one :)

I think we're at 1.04.60141 in betas, so it's still a few releases until 1.08 :)

Oh yeah i guess your right... Oh well there goes my pocket change. :D

About skipFrames and the other one set to "0". I told you guys! :) Works for me. And for people using other values - yeah thats how it works its not weird or mystic. Its different depending on HW. "0" gives me superb gameplay as in no mouse lag and even better FPS (feels like it due to the mouse being perfect). The Nvidia CPL is important as well as it might override. So set that accordingly as well. Made a change for me.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

My experience is that antialialialiasing makes the game kind of sluggish since the newer patches, now i play without it. Besides of that GREAT! all the covering fire makes it more alive!

Grtz

@BIS. I love the AI right now. They seem much more aware and the groups stick together and cooperate. They also use their surroundings much better now.

Been amazed many times lately! Good job!

Edited by andersson
I do have an i7 920 so they get all the cpu they need I guess?

Do you guys know what happens when you underestimate AI in Arma 2?

My team set up mines at the entry to the village for enemy tanks approaching fast. AI in tank drove up, stopped... turned to the abandoned Skoda car parked nearby, rammed it and pushed it over all of the mines.. when skoda stopped burning and mines went silent - so went we with jaws dropped! T72 AI gunner finished off our guys in ambush still with their jaws dropped. Pwned by AI, back to the drawing board :) damn you BIS, damn you! =)

p.s. can't wait for that missing animations for Civilian->Woman so we can use them as insurgents or hostages.

Edited by IceBreakr

IceBreakr-

That is an awesome story. :)

Now, are you SURE, though, that it wasn't just bad driving? :D I mean, the tank driver accidentally rammed into the Skoda, then couldn't figure out how to do a 3 point turn, and kept pushing it around randomly? :D

Mostly kidding with that - the latest betas I've been using have been VERY good.

Hi all

IceBreakr I think sir you maybe seeing the joys of emergent behaviour from an open universe type simulation.

Or perhaps just an example of the million monkey effect.

An AI that can construct a tool in its universe from no scripting would be truly astonishing.

That said in ArmA I have seen some things.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I'm wondering if anyone else has this behavior in 60141. I have a Mech squad on a limited/aware/movement WP. This changes to a combat/normal/S&D WP. On change of WP's half the squad loads up, sometimes not even that many, and the APC sprints off to the next WP, some of the left behind squad moves (well) from cover to cover, while some are locked in position. This has happened every time I tested it, around 5 times. Can anyone else confirm this?

Supression, squad movement, and the disabled APC's gunner remaining to cover the disembarked (besides taking more then one m136 to kill) all top notch BIS! I have to go for mobility kills now. Great!

Edited by Scrub

An AI that can construct a tool in its unverse from no scripting would be truly astonishing.

Skynet is here :p

i did not notice it as much in the other betas but when you are 700m away from a person and they lay down ( even with grass OFF) they disappear, NOTHING is showing, even when they are out in an open field with nothing to cover them. i would like to be hidden by the grass when it is on but when there is no grass what are you hiding in??

sure concealing half the person i would have no problem with but having them morph into the ground like that when you can clearly see them is not the right thing to do. maybe make it so it does that with grass on but not with grass off or even just make it so when grass is off ( terraingrid 50) they only partially blend with the grass