Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

There is still this crashing soundbug that sound like a vehicle is crushing into a wall close to player but within 800m there is no vehicle. :confused:

Seems that AI with Urals are driving still faster than with UAZ and T72/Shilkas are faster than BMP2. Placed all CDF vehicles in groups - first UAZs, second Urals, third BRDMs, fourth BMP2s and last T72s and Shilkas. Route from Vybor to Mogielevka each group with two waypoints and on careless. First vehicle = highest rank and last vehicle with lowest rank. No other vehicles or modules were active.

Result 2 UAZs arrived the other were crushed by Ural. BRDMs and T72s got lost in the woods and stucked into buildings. Zigzaging vehicles over the whole road are less but this sudden stop and accelerating is annoying.

Maybe roads or AI paths need a update/tweak too? The devil is in the details.

There is still this crashing soundbug that sound like a vehicle is crushing into a wall close to player but within 800m there is no vehicle. :confused:

Are you reffering to the sound that you often hear when in/near a forest?

I think it's supposed to be the sound of trees falling.. atleast thats what i'm getting from that sound you describe!

No, this crash soundbug appears everywhere. Perhaps a vehicle is crashing somewhere far away and this crashsound volume isnt quiet/turned down?

I'm made up with the new beta patches, especially with the window toggle. Also, the hand position/reload fix cheered me up no end. I know it's a minor fix for a minor bug, but I like that BIS are paying attention to the little things too.

..The CQB aspect of the game is really clunky at the moment..

I figure it is the collision system which is in cause. The weapon collision is too big when aimed...

Just to give a clear concept of what i mean:

http://ofp.umbr.net/Other/inf_collisions.wmv

(thanks to dslyecxi)

Please BIS, give Close Quarter Battle its glory back!

Yes CQB movement is very clunky. I think, and i've read on these forums, that's it's because the movement is tied to the player animation.

Yes CQB movement is very clunky. I think, and i've read on these forums, that's it's because the movement is tied to the player animation.

What i find quite problematic with CQB is that AI units have problem with targeting and act quite funny, often running blindly into enemy without even opening fire. Old issue.

I've a question for BIS: what about the use of AI of buildings? NPCs never use them but they reputedly can use them like cover, they can go inside to hide and "ambush" (for example) exc. exc...

regarding CQB, i did'n know it was tied to animation. Anyway, i think that in a PvP environment, it would be great to have a slightly reduced weapon collision.. So you can turn around in a hallway for example...

Ai in buildings : thre is a script about that, i recall it is "random patrol" where Ai will go search house randomly.

I really hope that CQB will be taken into account in some next patch.

Anyway, i'm greatly impressed by the last patch (6091).

OT :@ZEEp: i heard that the Ground branch had be cancelled............ Is that true?

Edited by RoME

Ground branch is still in development as far as I see. Whether they will actually someday deliver the game, is a totally different question :p

changelog

[60129] Fixed: AI subordinates now move faster (use less cover) to catch up when leader is way ahead of them.

[60102] Fixed: AI subordinates should now respect formation more when moving in combat.

[60101] Fixed: Group leader was often running far ahead alone in combat.

[60092] Fixed: AI leader did not wait for a player to cover him when moving in combat.

new changes:

(current patch candidate)

[60129] Fixed: AI subordinates now move faster (use less cover) to catch up when leader is way ahead of them.

[60102] Fixed: AI subordinates should now respect formation more when moving in combat.

[60101] Fixed: Group leader was often running far ahead alone in combat.

[60092] Fixed: AI leader did not wait for a player to cover him when moving in combat.

Edit: gulag beat me to it. This seems to be about these issues.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1753

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2551

Finally some well deserved combat AI fixes.

I bet a am going to shorten my sig by one line :)

GREAT!

These fixes make the campaign MUCH more playable.

Its nice to see they've been focusing on AI in the last beta; now for some pathfinding fixes ;)

edit

oh and that ugly horizon issue which appears on any custom/ported maps (which is on the bugtracker somewhere)

Edited by SASrecon

Nice to see so many GOOD changes which make a huge difference :)

SASrecon, how do the last beta 60141 changes help with the campaign? Wouldnt they be more Warfare orientated since they are about a AI commander and his followers? Or do these also apply to the player and the 3 squad mates in the campaign?

Yapa

You just need to apply the latest, no need to (and infact you shouldnt) install over another beta patch. When you come to "upgrade" (or even downgrade) run the beta patch uninstaller first. Trying to install the beta patch over an already existing beta patch can cause problems with the installer sometimes.

Fixed: Improved vehicles and motorcycles driving.

Is this for the players or for AI ? or both ?

New Beta? *Jig*

Ground Branch is NOT cancelled, Sky Gods (a sort of prequel release) is. In its current form BFS seek to release a SP 'training beta' to let people get a feel for the game, then continue with larger Adversarial release, before finally going ahead with the full package.

Atleast thats the last thing I heard on the forum.

-K