Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound? If you are in ArmA 2 yes lol. Minor bug I suppose but some would consider it an immersion killer. I like the sound of the minimalhit function to prevent small arms damage to tanks, that has been a long time coming. Best of all is the performance improvement, I almost run it smoothly on very high with 4x SSAA now, when I can I will be very happy.

New Beta? *Jig*

Ground Branch is NOT cancelled, Sky Gods (a sort of prequel release) is. In its current form BFS seek to release a SP 'training beta' to let people get a feel for the game, then continue with larger Adversarial release, before finally going ahead with the full package.

Atleast thats the last thing I heard on the forum.

-K

At some point us, the infiltration devotees, will probably donate half our paychecks to help finish development so that we finally have our dream infantry game. :P

Back ontopic. The beta releases just keep getting better and better. I almost feel bad for people still playing 1.0.4.

ok first things first my spelling and grammer is crap :P thats just me.

But the main reason i joined is to say thank you so much to BIS allso to say they are the best ever i have never seen this level of comitment ever to a game after it has been released.

ok a couple of things

please please please never go the other way do not do an ofp 2 please stay 100% sim all the way or i can garantee u will loose the fan base u have i just love this game and the last plus ofp as it was very realistic.

ok so down to helping with the beta patches

1. there is a much better fps now than befor i still get lag with textures but im sure thats my crappy hard drive and the rubbish on it.

2. some trees still create a major slow down :(

3. ok this one i realy would love to see fixed, when i say copy my stance they do NOT they stay stood even if i lay down they stay stood only thats with stay alert if i say danger they lay down but i still wont copy my stance any one else get this.

4. increase increase increase performance :)

so thats all for now i just want to say again i realy realy realy love this game and BIS thank you so much for the best game/s ever arma 1 and 2 are the only games i have ever gone back to play and i play it every chance i get.

p.s

please stay sim please never tone it down please

thanks all

w00t? New beta again, I didn't even get time to run arma2mark on 60091 :lol:

holy w00t, you guys must be on steroids!

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

ok first things first my spelling and grammer is crap :P thats just me.

But the main reason i joined is to say thank you so much to BIS allso to say they are the best ever i have never seen this level of comitment ever to a game after it has been released.

ok a couple of things

please please please never go the other way do not do an ofp 2 please stay 100% sim all the way or i can garantee u will loose the fan base u have i just love this game and the last plus ofp as it was very realistic.

ok so down to helping with the beta patches

1. there is a much better fps now than befor i still get lag with textures but im sure thats my crappy hard drive and the rubbish on it.

2. some trees still create a major slow down :(

3. ok this one i realy would love to see fixed, when i say copy my stance they do NOT they stay stood even if i lay down they stay stood only thats with stay alert if i say danger they lay down but i still wont copy my stance any one else get this.

4. increase increase increase performance :)

so thats all for now i just want to say again i realy realy realy love this game and BIS thank you so much for the best game/s ever arma 1 and 2 are the only games i have ever gone back to play and i play it every chance i get.

p.s

please stay sim please never tone it down please

thanks all

i agree, fps drops by trees, water and texture pop up in cities which made online experience unplayable. For instance when i faced west my machine gun would operate normally, i turn toward south and machine gun lag while firing because city was in the south.

[60129] Fixed: AI subordinates now move faster (use less cover) to catch up when leader is way ahead of them.

[60102] Fixed: AI subordinates should now respect formation more when moving in combat.

[60101] Fixed: Group leader was often running far ahead alone in combat.

[60092] Fixed: AI leader did not wait for a player to cover him when moving in combat.

Good stuff! Been waiting for you guys to digg in and improve/fix the AI, crossing my fingers that this will continue!

Hope to get a chance to test this new build (60141) later tonight or tomorrow.

/KC

Looks like BIS have been reading ^Th0mas^'s posts. ;)

I thought those were FabrizioT's suggestions :confused:

Nice job Bi! Love AI patches and shows you guys really are committed, very much appreciated.

Latest beta sounds good regarding the leaders (AI). :)

Time to get busy again.

EDIT: Yeah Fabrizio is creating some great scripts that includes this but goes much further.

Looks like BIS have been reading ^Th0mas^'s posts. ;)

Haha I have been bitching to much about the AI :). But hey, im impressed how things are turning out! Finally im starting to see people getting happy with every patch. So if they just could work some more on improving path finding I will shut up and enjoy ;)

Path finding IS being worked on...

Have convoys of 8 cars and trucks driving through the whole island without any crashes and no overtaking eachother etc. Call that "bad path finding"?

Hello,

I don't know if BIS reads this forum at all . I wouldn't either.

But I don't think my feedback is appropriate to put in the devheaven report , since it sort of so and so.

Leading AI Problem: Bug #2755

[60129] Fixed: AI subordinates now move faster (use less cover) to catch up when leader is way ahead of them.

[60102] Fixed: AI subordinates should now respect formation more when moving in combat.

Now I spent my evening running the repro-mission that is in the report as well. While seeing slightly better behaviour , it is unfortunately still far from being in the sweet-spot zone of being able to lead AI in combat without a sense of dread.

In actual data this would mean that with "Procedure #1" I get 3:30 Minutes to Form-Up in 1.04 vs 2:40 in the Beta and with "Procedure #2" its 2:30 to 1.35.

So there is some sort of improvement you can see as watching them as well.

BUT whatever was done , the effect needs to be at least doubled.

Especially as far as them caring about the distance to the leader is concerned. Too often they go to cover or wait for their buddy partner even so you are miles away still.

I also still believe that giving them the mentioned orders in the report should on repeated use make them lose the "Go to Cover/Provide Cover" until they get to wherever they were suppose to go or they are fired on heavily.

(Even more repeated use makes them even ignore heavy fire)

On the whole tho, even tho its a long long long long road ahead to get the AI and the Squad Interface to a state were one could even think about having useful AI leading again , it is a very pleasant and nice suprise to see stuff happening there.

Thanks for all the effort.

Edited by lwlooz

A.I. hold formation perfectly in "safe" and "aware" modes.

In "danger" and "stealth" mode they dont care much for formation and prefer cover instead, and thats O.K.

If you want them to stay in formation just order "aware" behaviour.

Great improvement with 60091 around villages and whatnot; not so stuttery. On my mediocre rig however I was getting 20 fps on normal settings looking at a buildings and as I scroll to a nearby forest I lose almost 10 frames. I read a suggestion a while back about caching trees, a possibility perhaps? Keep up the great work though! :)

Hello,

But I don't think my feedback is appropriate to put in the devheaven report , since it sort of so and so.

Now I spent my evening running the repro-mission that is in the report as well. While seeing slightly better behaviour , it is unfortunately still far from being in the sweet-spot zone of being able to lead AI in combat without a sense of dread.

In actual data this would mean that with "Procedure #1" I get 3:30 Minutes to Form-Up in 1.04 vs 2:40 in the Beta and with "Procedure #2" its 2:30 to 1.35.

So there is some sort of improvement you can see as watching them as well.

BUT whatever was done , the effect needs to be at least doubled.

Especially as far as them caring about the distance to the leader is concerned. Too often they go to cover or wait for their buddy partner even so you are miles away still.

I also still believe that giving them the mentioned orders in the report should on repeated use make them lose the "Go to Cover/Provide Cover" until they get to wherever they were suppose to go or they are fired on heavily.

(Even more repeated use makes them even ignore heavy fire)

On the whole tho, even tho its a long long long long road ahead to get the AI and the Squad Interface to a state were one could even think about having useful AI leading again , it is a very pleasant and nice suprise to see stuff happening there.

Thanks for all the effort.

Isnt the entire meaning of this thread that BIS actully reads it?

Hello,

A typical game developer team wouldn't.

However, Bohemia Interactive is absolutely not a typical game developer :)

tl;dr they do.

BIS definitely read these forums, every time someone reports or suggests something, you can be sure one of the dev's is on it :)

I asked for a quite specific key combo to control a feature added in previous patch, just as an example. In the next patch, it was implemented with that exact key combo.

Do they read? I think so :p

It's almost as I don't dare request any changes. I don't want something implemented on my words alone, before others have the chance to agree or disagree. Never thought I'd say something like that though :D

Hello,

Yes, I do read, still, posting this response in the issue tracker would be a lot more helpful, esp. if the response could be made shorter. The best it to post facts only, like: Issue is not fixed, because ... .

I have tried to extract an example response from here to the CIT, to show what I consider the good material so that I can continue more work. Even better would be to have repro steps attached for the part: "Too often they go to cover or wait for their buddy partner even so you are miles away still."

Edited by Suma
Updated CIT

Good to see that you read our feedback. I remember before Codemasters released Dragon Rising. Not only did the game turn out to be monkey crap, but the game developers didnt answer shit on their forums.

Just another example of why these guys are one helluva development team. It's obvious they care about the work they put out. Thanks BIS.

By the way, these changes are beautiful:

Changelog:

[60101] Fixed: Group leader was often running far ahead alone in combat.

[60092] Fixed: AI leader did not wait for a player to cover him when moving in combat.

Thank you from a dedicated SP fan!

Edited by Manzilla

Ofcourse they read what we say. Dont know how many things ive reported that has been fixed. There is no other dev team on this planet matching BIS. They are all in the shadow of the kings. :)

Report instead of complain and youll see things happen. ;)

I noticed that whenever Suma is active on the forums, patches progressed.

Suma seems the only one who really knows the game engine because it has created with his brother.

Right ?

Pls take a look to the drop performance with the orange trees. Seen with ohara but never resolved.

Orange-yellow bushes and trees are complete fps killers

Thx a lot to the Dev's Team

Edited by EricFr
Nick name error

Yes, I do read, still, posting this response in the issue tracker would be a lot more helpful, esp. if the response could be made shorter. The best it to post facts only, like: Issue is not fixed, because ... .

I would like to use this post to mention what i noticed while creating some icons for the command leader commandbar. In the class UnitIcon we have the colorWounded, colorNoAmmo etc... the color are different but ingame they appear the same (red). Would be nice to have this working with different colors so people can identify if their Ais or Players have wounded or out of ammo.