Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

I noticed that whenever Suma is active on the forums, patches progressed.

Suma seems the only one who really knows the game engine because it has created with his brother.

Yes, for this night, and this night only, the one and only .... lead programmer. :) What surprise. ;)

Yes, for this night, and this night only, the one and only .... lead programmer. :) What surprise. ;)

Well your all doing a damn fine job :thumb:

Would be nice to have this working with different colors so people can identify if their Ais or Players have wounded or out of ammo.

When someone in your squad "goes red" without you noticing what they say when it happens, ask him to "report status". He will state his position and whether he is injured or low on ammo.

Not sure if it works with human players, I've never tried. We tend to communicate, and by all means possible try to shut up all AI voices.

Joke on

LOL Clones Multi-lead programmers

Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors).

What Team !

Joke off

Your team doing a great job but we want more and faster( human nature)

Thx good night.:)

In the class UnitIcon we have the colorWounded, colorNoAmmo etc... the color are different but ingame they appear the same (red). Would be nice to have this working with different colors so people can identify if their Ais or Players have wounded or out of ammo.

Yeah that would be great Bravo6! Hope you figure that one out. Red for injured and some other colour for out of ammo would be optimal for sure. :)

It is about time that BIS started to address some of these things. I just hope that that can actually do it properly with the patching process.

I want to bring up another issue that I myself and an increasing number of other people seem to be having...

I can be playing ArmA1 or ArmA2 (SP or MP) with NO mods or addons just playing the game (with graphics set to normal even though it runs fine on high) and all of a sudden with no warning what so ever the screen will go black and then either display the word recieving and come good to keep running as normal or it stays black and all I can do is hit Alt-F4 to close the game at which point the desktop comes back up fine. There will be a small yellow warning icon on the desktop that says "Display Driver Stopped Responding And Has Recovered" but there is NO further error message unless I go searching for specific logs that basically say the same thing. I have had this problem on 2 totally different computers (one with quadcore and ATI GPU and the other with dualcore and Nvidia GPU, both systems beat the requirements too) so it can NOT be blamed on a single piece of hardware or driver on my end. Also increasingly I am hearing of more and more other people having this problem and other crashes (usually on TeamSpeak which involves a lot of swearing afterwards which then drives people to play other games for fear of damaging their systems).

This is clearly a BIS pragram that is causing this problem, they have made a mistake some where that must be pretty serious for it to cause that problem. I have NOT had a problem anything like this, now with any other game (old or new).

Yet another problem that is driving me and probably other people away from playing BIS games which are filled with bugs and errors that would have totally killed off any other game. Why is BIS getting away with this? That is 2 games in a row now that should be a lot better then what they are and there is no excuse for these kinds of problems any more.

TVF-

You may want to get a utility (there are several good free ones around) to monitor you vidcard temps. Both A1 and A2 push my vidcard(s) into temps where I have to make the fans kick in earlier to account for it. That could be why you are seeing the same issue on multiple PCs/vidcards - they are overheating.

Just an idea. :thumbs:

Yet another problem that is driving me and probably other people away from playing BIS games which are filled with bugs and errors that would have totally killed off any other game. Why is BIS getting away with this? That is 2 games in a row now that should be a lot better then what they are and there is no excuse for these kinds of problems any more.

Is it really necessary to start the complaining again? We all get it. They should've done this and/or that. I'm really shocked this problem you are reporting hasn't been brought up all over the troubleshooting section. Did you post it there? Instead of asking why is BIS getting away with this maybe some should ask themselve why are they still bitchin' about this. After 6 months of a game being unplayable I'd say screw it. I wouldn't spend much time here. That's just my opinion thought, not important.

Enjoy the game.

Try what TRexian said, he's got a damn good point. Sounds like it's your card, this game can be pretty demanding compared to all other games I've played.

Also increasingly I am hearing of more and more other people having this problem and other crashes.

Thats funny cause i'm hearing fewer and fewer people are experiencing these problems. I have only experienced the "Recieving" issue once and that was due to a mod.

I...

...all of a sudden with no warning what so ever the screen will go black and then either display the word recieving and come good to keep running as normal or it stays black ...

You should install the betas if you want the receiving issue to go away, was fixed well over a month ago... and for the record it never happened to me or most of the people i play with. Tho lower end cards with 512mb of ram seemed to be the type of card that it happened to most. Do a search for the Receiving bug thread in trouble shooting. As the game stands now(#60141) its is in absolutely great playing shape... As for bugs killing other games, and why it doesn't kill A1/A2, is because of the replay ability, its more than a 8hr SP. It must be good if your wanting a fix and posting here.

TheVipersFang, I've NEVER had this problem, in over 80 hours of playing (some sessions over 6 hours at a time). I also play coop campaign with 1 or 2 others and they have NEVER had this problem.

So you say its ARMA2, I say its your hardware... who knows what it could be but dont make assumptions just because it doesnt happen in any other game.

I would suggest you start a support thread with your description of the problem and hardware. Also for starts make sure to update your drivers to 191.07 or 195.xx and see if you get the same issue. ALso do you get the issue with the latest beta's?

Yapa

After playing the game patch unpatch then betas, finishing the campaign two times play a couple of custom missions, install several mods, I never had the receiving bug. I am on Windows 7 64bit, Phenom II overclock @ 3.5, ATI 4870 512MB, 4GB Ram.

The only way my game is unstable is when I use -maxmem.

TVF-

You may want to get a utility (there are several good free ones around) to monitor you vidcard temps. Both A1 and A2 push my vidcard(s) into temps where I have to make the fans kick in earlier to account for it. That could be why you are seeing the same issue on multiple PCs/vidcards - they are overheating.

Just an idea. :thumbs:

I get the issue and I get these responces from the system report:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756372(WS.10).aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/wddm_timeout.mspx

Important part:

Well-written DirectX 9Ex and DirectX 10 applications that handle "Device Remove" continue to work correctly. The application must release and then recreate its Microsoft Direct3D device and all of its objects. DirectX application programmers can find more information in the Windows SDK.
You should install the betas if you want the receiving issue to go away, was fixed well over a month ago...

It's not a receiving problem, the program is causing the video cards to reset and the game cant handle it. And the last beta I installed stuffed my install, so bugga going back to them, I'm using 1.04.

I find it odd TheVipersFang claims using 2 different pc's that has the exact same issue and he does not use mods/addons?

I'm also getting the issue with no addons installed, so thats incorrect.

Edited by RicoADF

I'm also getting the issue with no addons installed, so thats incorrect.

What he meant was that TheVipersFang claimed not to use any mods yet almost all his posts are in the mods forum!

What he meant was that TheVipersFang claimed not to use any mods yet almost all his posts are in the mods forum!

Mod folders. It's easy to test an addon and then play vanilla by using a different shortcut.

2 People offer some form of advice while only 1 person agrees with me with aditional evidence, the others so far have just bragged or complained. Why am I the bad guy for taking a stand? I just want to be able to enjoy the game too!

My PC is not over heating, so it is not that problem. I try to avoid using beta patches because I have had trouble with them before. Thanks for the offer of advice to those who gave it. I am not using any mods because the missions that I am playing do not require them, yes I do test some mods/addons when they come out but when I have no further use for them I delete them and disable the mod folder.

(yes manzilla, I get it too, that you do not like me :rolleyes: )

I would like those people who have a problem with me to come onto the ArmA UnderGround TeamSpeak and speak to me in real time, I am not a bad guy that is trying to flame, I am a person who works hard during the day and when I get home I like the spend a few hours or more gaming to burn off steam often by playing ArmA1 or ArmA2, and you are welcome to join in on whatever game I am playing at the time too (IP: 72.47.215.67:8888 I am on there most week nights AEST).

Edited by TheVipersFang
Clarification

I get the issue and I get these responces from the system report:

... the last beta I installed stuffed my install, so bugga going back to them, I'm using 1.04.

there is noway a beta would mess up your install. NONE nada, never. lots of user issues in these issues...

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Mod folders. It's easy to test an addon and then play vanilla by using a different shortcut.
which a beta is. Its set up as a mod... is in a folder , and doesn't touch anypart of your main install. BETA fix the issue and can be played on almost any 1.04 server.

there is noway a beta would mess up your install. NONE nada, never. lots of user issues in these issues...

That one line shows either how little you pay attention when you play the games or how little you've played them. ArmA 1 beta's broke the game at times and one of the A2 beta broke the system number (saying its 1.03 when its 1.04). And it's not user issues, patches install themselves, there is no possible way to have it be a PEBCAK (a line that us techy's in aus use) issue.

which a beta is. Its set up as a mod... is in a folder , and doesn't touch anypart of your main install. BETA fix the issue and can be played on almost any 1.04 server.

I know what a beta is, and I know that it changed the version number in the pc registry which it has to do to run (you don't seem to understand), and thus somehow broke the registry files (possibly a dud install).

Edited by RicoADF

That one line shows either how little you pay attention when you play the games or how little you've played them. ArmA 1 beta's broke the game at times and one of the A2 beta broke the system number (saying its 1.03 when its 1.04). And it's not user issues, patches install themselves, there is no possible way to have it be a PEBCAK (a line that us techy's in aus use) issue

i have had the game (A1) since v1.0, and we are talking about A2, which has the beta install in its own folder with its own shortcut and will not touch any part of the regular install. there is no issue other than user error here with A2 and the betas.

i have had the game (A1) since v1.0, and we are talking about A2, which has the beta install in its own folder with its own shortcut and will not touch any part of the regular install. there is no issue other than user error here with A2 and the betas.

Registry files mate, it does touch them, and it buggered mine (probably a corrupt download but still did it). Some of us do know what we are doing.

Registry files mate, it does touch them, and it buggered mine (probably a corrupt download but still did it). Some of us do know what we are doing.
it only has a string to uninstall thats all. If you want the reciving bug to goaway use the latest beta.Or you will have to wait till the 1.05 hits.. maybe in a few weeks?. But that issue and the 8gb issue are gone. The AI are smarter, the performance is way up. The game is great now and has been for well over a month for most. If your gun shy on installing the beta well ... we are here for you.

it only has a string to uninstall thats all. If you want the reciving bug to goaway use the latest beta.

The game CRASHES or resets the video card, not a receiving bug.

Or you will have to wait till the 1.05 hits.. maybe in a few weeks?.

I ain't in a rush, got plenty of addons/mods to work on.

But that issue and the 8gb issue are gone. The AI are smarter, the performance is way up. The game is great now and has been for well over a month for most. If your gun shy on installing the beta well ... we are here for you.

:j: Don't you read anything, I have used beta's and I've reinstalled the game because the crashes were happening with the beta to see if it was a broken beta install yet it still happens with 1.04, so its not fixed with the beta's. Making smart ass remarks about being gunshy just makes you look silly, especially since the issues were happening in the beta as well before I reinstalled thus your 'solution' is already proven wrong. :rolleyes:

I've given the feedback with the info BIS needs, I'm not going to keep going on trying to explain it to people that don't even bother to read what the issue is.

Edited by RicoADF

So you 2 guys cant play the game at all then?

I got that driver issue once - changed to latest drivers and it went away. Now i play hours everyday without a single problem. Performance is superb and everything is getting better and better.

You say you take a stand cause you want BIS to fix things, and i think thats ok, but did you 2 guys miss the betas that are being pushed out almost everyday right now? And did you help BIS by report your problem over at DevHeaven properly? Ive reported a bunch of things and many got fixed. Crying in here wont fix much im afraid.

Well i hope you guys get the game to work soon cause its damn fun to play it.

Good luck.

Alex