Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Ok first test of window/fullscreen ended up in failure for me.

Started in my normal 1280x1024 windowed mode - switched to fullscreen 1600x1200, and so far so good. Tried to switch back to windowed again = freeze (RECIEVING).

Tested again and started from 1280x1024 windowed mode - switched to fullscreen 1024x768, so far so good. Tried to switch back to windowed = freeze (RECIEVING).

Anyone else? Start windowed (you who play windowed) and switch to any fullscreen res and then back. Thanks.

EDIT:

Im still on 59210 because for me ive lost fps on all the the patches after it.

You should seriously not lose FPS on 59928 or 60000 (notice no drop from previous in 60000). But i had best in 59210 as well until i changed drivers. The latest kicks 59210's ass hard (pardon my chinese).

Alex

Edited by Alex72

errr.... anyone noticed anything on the graphical side? I think my eyes is playing something with me... I think the glowing part is a little bit reduced?

Do you mean PP bloomy thing or the screen going brighter and brighter when you look on the ground while it's sunny?

PP bloom seems the same to me.

I think the glowing thing is really reduced. at least on infantry... will test later with final 1.04 and latest beta

Ok first test of window/fullscreen ended up in failure for me.

Started in my normal 1280x1024 windowed mode - switched to fullscreen 1600x1200, and so far so good. Tried to switch back to windowed again = freeze (RECIEVING).

Tested again and started from 1280x1024 windowed mode - switched to fullscreen 1024x768, so far so good. Tried to switch back to windowed = freeze (RECIEVING).

Anyone else? Start windowed (you who play windowed) and switch to any fullscreen res and then back. Thanks.

Works fine for me. Started game in fullscreen then ingame i set it to window mode and then back again, no problems here :)

Can someone confirm a huge fps drop in the environment around the city called: KAMYSHOVO in the south-east?

MfG Lee :confused:

Yes indeed i can confirm this, when you look out on the water theres a huge fps drop :eek:

Works fine for me. Started game in fullscreen then ingame i set it to window mode and then back again, no problems here :)

Could you please test it as i wrote? Would be very thankful. Start the game - set to window, and then do the full and back to window. See if it "holds up".

"Full - window - full" worked for me too. But not "Window - full - window". I ofcourse start my game in windowed as well. Maybe got something to do with it. Hmm should try to start ARMA in full and see if i can go bananas from there.

Could you please test it as i wrote? Would be very thankful. Start the game - set to window, and then do the full and back to window. See if it "holds up".

"Full - window - full" worked for me too. But not "Window - full - window". I ofcourse start my game in windowed as well. Maybe got something to do with it. Hmm should try to start ARMA in full and see if i can go bananas from there.

Ok here's what i did:

Started game in window mode.

Started a mission up.

Set game to fullscreen.

Set game to window mode.

Worked fine :)

Got a GTX285 card using newest drivers.

can someone post the changelog for the new beta please

Here:

[59988] New: Windowed/Fullscreen can now be switched ingame (in Video options).

[59924] Fixed: More 32b overflows caused by 8 GB RAM + large VRAM.

[59906] Fixed: Most vehicle gunners did not provide suppressive fire.

[59899] Fixed: AI did not use suppressive fire against enemies seen while holding fire.

[59898] Fixed: Spatial explosions sounds

[59884] Fixed: Suppress in the commanding menu did nothing.

[59875] New: Suppressive fire against known enemies can be scripted using unit suppressFor time.

[59873] Fixed: After spawning new types of entities via script, game could randomly freeze or crash.

[59872] Fixed: Airplane, helicopter, car and ship control was lost while map was active.

[59842] Reduced town/village stutter (fixed streaming of textures used by Super shader).

[59808] Fixed: DOF in 3D scope view

[59741] Analogue throttle working for helicopters as well.

[59736] Fixed: Startup sounds are not spatial and stick to audio channels

[59715] Covering soldier in grass ("Grass layer")

[59691] Improved: Small hit be ignored by hitpoints (configurable by minimalHit)

[59668] Improved: Hitpoint can pass only a part of the hit to the total damage (passthrough setting no longer ignored).

[59479] Improved: addons in the My Documents are now organized by mod directories - until now, the only path supported was My Documents\<app_name>\addons - now, also paths My Documents\<app_name>\<mod_dir>\addons are checked for all active mods

[59446] New: IK weapon animations are now blending with primary animations.

[59351] Fixed: VoN direct speaking distance fade out

[59318] Fixed: support the highest Matrox TrippleHead2Go resolutions

[59279] Fixed: FPS on Dedicated server is not affected by server window manipulation (such as move or scroll).

[59088] Improved: Mouse lag caused by GPU render ahead buffer can be limited using GPU_MaxFramesAhead=N in ArmA2.cfg.

[59047] Fix: When player was a helicopter pilot, the AI gunner sometimes had no weapon selected on mission start

[59030] Fix: Helicopters - when manual fire on, do not allow AI gunner to switch weapons

[59988] New: Windowed/Fullscreen can now be switched ingame (in Video options).

^^ That is the new beta (v60000). At least the only change log on it. Last was 59928 so that is what comes after. There are guaranteed more changes. Just not logged.

title= 1.04.5xxxx

new beta= 1.04.60000

needs to be changed :D

Changed :p

Edited by SASrecon

Game is getting better and smoother. And you can finally give move-orders to group members from 3rd person view.

Now I am getting often this new error message which shouldnt come from my scripts:

Error in expression <_ret = _this select _ret;           
};
_ret
>
 Error position: <_ret
>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _ret
File ca\modules\functions\arrays\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 23
Error in expression <ll BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_array select _index>
 Error position: <_index>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _index
File ca\modules\functions\arrays\fn_selectRandomWeighted.sqf, line 59

Is the rocking a arma bug as the bis prop planes also wave on autolanding and engaging?

;1485188']Did they really improve performance? O_O

I love BIS

My performance is way better than with a previous patch. I don't know what they have changed, but it is good.

;1485188']Did they really improve performance? O_O

I love BIS

Not so much extra FPS, its just that the micro stutters and lagging from the textures loading up is now running a lot better (yup i tested my first beta patch out)

I still get the odd stutter now and again, but i will stand up and say that if the game had of released like this in the first place, we would have had a lot more people playing A2 now, the difference really is like night and day, and now people who have a system beyond the recommended specs, can actually play a decent and smooth experience, instead of spending stupid money on pointless upgrades (like telling people to get 4ghz quads? what the hell? PMSL), when they were not needed after all (despite what some fools would try and make you believe)

I really think BIS should try and market the upcoming 1.05 patch somehow, maybe press releases to the games reviewers? they should do SOMETHING to let the vast amount of people who tried it, and gave up on it, know that its finally running to a reasonable degree, instead of having to overclock quads to 4ghz and run your PC inside a freezer, while the street lamps dim due to the 100000 watt PSU you need to run your 4 gfx cards (maybe :p )

But alas, i suspect they will probably use the lessons learned to launch a much slicker version of the game instead with less hiccups (arrowhead)

I KNEW it was not right, i was getting no performance boost from turning everything right down, i was still getting the stutters and annoying lagging, even at 1024x768 screen res, and my system is pretty good IMO

I can handle 30fps all day long as long as it feels like 30fps, but when you get 30 fps and its stuttering like its really running 10 ? then something is not quite right :D

Edited by S-M

Have to say performance is about on par with 95210, so if theres anyone out there still on 95210, get 60000!

Wooded areas have a more of an fps hit for me than before, as does water, but on the whole its good news.

Some thoughts.

BAD

I think the night sky texture is terrible, the stars are too bright and big!

Still no death animation from static defences.

I personally think there isnt enough backwards recoil on some weapons especially when stood.

Are we seriously stuck with lights at night looking as bad as that?

GOOD

I was surpressed in a ditch! I flanked the enemy out of sight and they still fired on my last known position. This is awesome.

Rainfall stops under the canopy of trees (ive only just noticed this, may have been fixed earlier)

Im sure i'll think of many more as soon ive pressed 'submit reply'

Getting a lot of bugs and CTD:s in the campaign. Could this be because im playing it with mods?

well play it without mods and find out ;)

What sort of bugs are you getting?

@Alex72: Just tried going from 1668x1044W to 1280x720F (reduced fullscreen, as my screen res is 1920x1280, which I obviously can't handle) and back to windowed without problems. It says I have to restart the game, but I can't see any obvious glitches. By mistake I started with my mod collection though, and noticed that SOWMod doesn't produce any walking sounds anymore.

Going back to windowed mode, I have to readjust 3D resolution manually to 100% though.

If BIS wants to pursue this further, hotkey switching between the two would be great, i.e. Alt+Enter or something. Also 3D resolution should stay at whatever was used before you went fullscreen.

Did GUI positions change in the patch, or is something messed up after I restarted without mods, having played with fullscreen thingy? Also, my walking/gear sound is also problematic without any mods active. Happens only when there are a lot of soundsources nearby, such as vehicles, SOM voices etc. Placing a unit on an empty map is not problematic. Footsteps sound will play only occasionally on a "busy" map. Only tried Utes so far though.

Btw, maybe GUI is better, hopefully everything isn't as overlapping as it was. Just takes a while to get used to maybe.

Flying an F35B at night with NVG goggles on in 3rd person with post processing on, still makes the plane look like a glowing orb due to postprocessing glow effects.

Alt tabbing still causes a freeze. Meaning I didn't get to try morning fog effects using particles.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

First hours of testing the new build (60000) shows to be more stuttery than 59928. Not bad FPS, but these micro stutters. I have a mission i always use for testing new beta's and in the previous one at the beginning of the mission there is stutters kind of making all i see double when turning etc. That was completelly smooth in previous build. And yes there is definatelly less bloom. The maule plane had like an 2-3 cm of it around as a halo and its down to much less now. Its good. :)

CG: Oh? No walking sounds? I just tested with SOW but didnt think about that. Im in the process of testing hard right now. Crap that changing window/full doesnt work on my shit pc...

EDIT:

Tested standing on Utes - west on runway - only me and fresh started game. Looking down into the tarmac of the runway and turning around = lots of stutters and never fully smooth. Dont know what to make out of that. Basically all builds back to v1.01 has always been super smooth when looking down into the ground for me. Hope this wont last with next build cause there are no new drivers this time to bail me out lol. Oh and i tested the damn full/window again. Recieving... Hmm something in this new build doesnt like my HW.

EDIT2: So to clarify - it isnt bad FPS in v60000 for me, but stuttery. Turning my head will produce irregular stutters even though FPS is good. Tested all combos i could think of except buying new HW. VSYNC on/off, SkipFrames and the other one i tested different values with and i have the latest drivers so dont know if there is anything i can do. I hope BIS releases another beta before going 1.05.

EDIT3:

CG: I have sound when walking mate. Dont know why yours doesnt. Or maybe you got it back?

EDIT4: Solved the stuttering problem - BIS please read:

BIS, please look for problems when the game runs in windowed mode (v60000). I made a lot of tests and i have mentioned that the latest beta is stuttering for me. This is during windowed mode (like i always play). I changed to fullscreen and no more stutter. v59928 is working good both in windowed and fullscreen so i guess something is broken in the latest build regarding this. Hope this information helps. *When changing window-full-window the game changed my refresh rate on its own. Dont know if that can be a possible problem. But ARMA never changed my refresh rate before when being on the same resolution.

PS. This is on my HW anyway, and it might be the reason to why i cant change between window-fullscreen-window without crashing (freeze).

Edited by Alex72