Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

I don't know if anyone is experiencing the same thing but online play is not so smooth, major stuttering and character skipping! is this a server lag? i have high speed internet (cable not wireless), game issue, computer issue? Last night i was in a Humvee as a gunner and i couldn't shoot one damn thing let alone couldn't even focus because of stuttering, skipping and pauses it really does ruin the online experience.
played all weekend had no issues as you describe. Must have been the server you where on? Edited by kklownboy

Thanks! I was having some glitches. and at least if I have the latest version, I'll be less likely to bring up things that are already being addressed :)

played all weekend had no issues as you describe. Must have been the server you where on?

that's what i'm thinking! my ping was 60 but i heard if you have one person with high ping on the server it can drag down the server with it! how true is that i don't know! not too many servers out there that use proper communication between squads.

that's what i'm thinking! my ping was 60 but i heard if you have one person with high ping on the server it can drag down the server with it! how true is that i don't know! not too many servers out there that use proper communication between squads.
well i really never see a high ping drag the server down all that much, I play on a server and have 300ping along with a few who have 250+, where some others who are close have 60ms it all runs fine*. Its really about bandwidth and packet-loss for all the bad desync, which a highping can contribute too...

* there can be some warpage, mostly durning JIP or some mission trigger.

Edited by kklownboy

59875 has certainly fixed something in regards of the ocean. Now first test in arma2mark (UAZ Race) is back to same figures as in 59210.

59875 has certainly fixed something in regards of the ocean. Now first test in arma2mark (UAZ Race) is back to same figures as in 59210.

yes as has been explained by a dev... the ocean and shoreline were being rendered twice since a few betas back... now fixed

59875 still causes Arma to hang when alt-tabbing from windowed mode editor. :(

Yikes! In wooded areas I'm now barely over 10 fps, on LOW textures and videomem. Multiplayer only (Domination), getting better results in editor.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Better not alt+tab then mate. Just click outside. Thats what i do. Sometimes it freeze and sometime not. Not the best but... :icon_neutral:

It's in my fingers :) Also no possible to have everything available for clicking. Also sometimes even clicking will hang it. Grrr. This bug is driving me mad :(

Know what you mean. I leave the things i need around the window (game @ 1280x1024 and screen 1600x1200) so i can grab them and they will come to top.

...But it results 50% of the times in a cold icy freeze.

well i really never see a high ping drag the server down all that much, I play on a server and have 300ping along with a few who have 250+, where some others who are close have 60ms it all runs fine*. Its really about bandwidth and packet-loss for all the bad desync, which a highping can contribute too...

* there can be some warpage, mostly durning JIP or some mission trigger.

i'm curious which server and how many players are connected and playing the game?

Use window mode for relaxed alt+tab.

I did a lot of Alt+Tabbing out of fullscreen mode yesterday with build 59875. Had no problems at all. Is the Alt+Tabbing problem limited to window mode?

With window mode there is less/no problems.

With window mode there is less/no problems.

The only problem i have with ArmA in window is that sometimes it freezes with editor is open, while alt-tabbing to edit mission files.

To me fullscreen is ok to alt+tab from as much as i want. Windowed however will freeze the game very often when opening some folders/text documents etc.

patch 59857: postproces ON = crash my pc, run OFF

patch 59323: postproces ON = works well

patch 59857: postproces ON = crash my pc, run OFF

patch 59323: postproces ON = works well

Try 59875.

Two thumbs up for latest beta.

I have turned all settings at "Very High" and PP off and the gameplay was very fluid.

One bug that's a first for me is while playing MP AirCav and flying a chopper the screen went black.

No "Receiving" message that I get sometimes when closing map.

The chopper was still fully controllable from what I could hear and if I pressed ESC I could see the mouse pointer. Had to Alt-F4 quit.

In retrospect, I should maybe have tried to open map and see if it restores.

I had a similar problem just now. My screen went gray/olive colour and i could hear everything working in the background. I tried to FLUSH (left shift + numpad -) and see if it would bring back the screen, but it didnt have any effect. Not even ctrl alt del worked. It "worked", but it didnt bring my screen back. Had to reset my pc.

Dont know if it was the beta or something else, but similar to above.

Performance improvement over 59857 in 59875, I'm now getting 38.8fps in my test spot, however I have seen it at almost 40fps with a previous beta or even 1.04, I've lost track of which one.

Well done, the improvements are making the game better.

Performance improvement over 59857 in 59875, I'm now getting 38.8fps in my test spot, however I have seen it at almost 40fps with a previous beta or even 1.04, I've lost track of which one.

Well done, the improvements are making the game better.

So you wont count 38.8 as being almost 40 :p

I had a similar problem just now. My screen went gray/olive colour and i could hear everything working in the background. I tried to FLUSH (left shift + numpad -) and see if it would bring back the screen, but it didnt have any effect. Not even ctrl alt del worked. It "worked", but it didnt bring my screen back. Had to reset my pc.

Dont know if it was the beta or something else, but similar to above.

this should be in the target box.

root folder\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta

note the \beta part

its in the readme