Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Well I am EXTREMELY impressed. Just went back to some missions I made that drove me nuts to get them to run correctly, and my lord what a difference. The squad moved correctly, suppressive fire was damn near perfect. My machine gunners just didn't lay there, they put the lead out correctly as the other guys moved. So far, this is the best beta yet. It "feels" right. I don't run behind cover to see my guys having a smoke a mile back, they are right there. I am very very happy. The game totally feels better. Oh yeah, I've noticed a fps increase or something. Not sure what but the whole game is smoother and more fluid.

Excellent, excellent patch.

Had a little trouble with steam saying I didn't have it installed, but got around that.

/salute.

I'm liking the patches. Using the Chesty Puller Campaign as my bench mark. Each patch I restart the campaign and each time I am getting improved gameplay with AI. Great stuff

Is it just me or do we have lower FPS when looking at water again?

The last time I had no water problems was patch 1.02, ever since then the water has caused the game to run poorly when flying over it. I also noticed anisotropic filtering has a huge impact on water performance for some reason (I used to be able to run very high AF with no trouble, now I have to put it at normal). I don't know what they broke after patch 1.02 but they never fixed it completely.

Edited by randir14

for anyone who have CTD problem, please send along the .RPT log as well as the 2 dmp files, might help to fix the problem as well

Got a CTD as well, but only on some missions. Still doing some bug hunting, though I frankly cannot quite tell yet what it is that kicks in.

I don't believe it is directly hardware related. Perhaps some sort of unit or waypoint error of some sort.

win xp sp2, Phenom, 4gigs, 285.

-k

RPT is dominated by "Description of unexpected vehicle:" basically 200 lines of this.

Edited by NkEnNy

Just DLed beta and was testing, some nice changes, but i dont see how AI following in aware mode was any different than before

had my first CDT. happened when i tried to drive around in a civi tractor spawned from ambiant civi vehicles (plus a bunch of other moduals).

For me this latest patch gives a increase of fps, i use the latest beta from nvidia 195.55. No CTD for me so far after 2-3 hours playing around in the editor.

For me at this moment AMA2 runs at its best.:yay:

Yeehaa...downloading @ 13Kb/sec....what great speed...you may never know...it may also go back to the future it's that fast!

Edit: Now it's down to 10kb/sec....woohoo!(Note: I usually download @ least 1Mb/sec)

Edited by Cogar69

EDIT: (REPORTED at DevHeaven) Found the problem with the LASER ARTY. Before it was all automatic. You called it and they acknowlege that you made the call. Then they told you to paint your target (you switch your laser on). Then you said that you are lasing the target, and then the shells came.

Now you have to call it in. And then you have to scroll the menu again like with transport when you have to click WHERE it should go. Click on the target and they will reply its coming. This resulted in a miss. As i can not even see my laser dot made by the laser designator.

So something is wrong with the LD and SOM laser arty.

And I thought I was the only one having troubles with the SOM and Laser Arty. :D It happened in the previous build(s) as well. Thanks for bringing this to attention.

Just DLed beta and was testing, some nice changes, but i dont see how AI following in aware mode was any different than before

had my first CDT. happened when i tried to drive around in a civi tractor spawned from ambiant civi vehicles (plus a bunch of other moduals).

same for me.

i tried to drove an uaz , instant CTD. repeatable as wish.

I guess is just an incompatibility thing, but warfare (at least custom maps like Benny) crashes in the lastest patch when you drive an ambulance.

But maybe now that others say happens with any vehicle in whatever mode? Yep it was a CTD.

Apart from the CTD, AI keeping formation is great... I think I dont have to use zGuba's stick2gether addon anymore :)

@MQ-9 Reaper:

No its not you hehe. The SOM module is slowly degrading with the new beta's. First the UAV function was destroyed, and now the artillery function (laser munition). It is bugged in the way that you need to click on the active artillery option to get it to continue, and the voice from HQ is bugged and you cant hear anything but static (you hear "over" at the end though). And the arty misses its target. Hope the SOM is looked over soon because it is rendered completelly useless if it continues like this - at least for us that use it in our missions. Also no Laser Designator dot anymore.

Alex

What the hell!! it keeps saying i don't have Arma2 installed! which i do! the last beta installed fine not sure why i can't install this one!

ARMA2_Build_60295 crashes instantly at moving off with an UNARMED car.

This does not happend with armed cars.

I did not tested all cars, but it is the same with all cars i have tested.

It is replicable 100% for me and others.

If this happens while playing on a dedicated server, the server is crashing too.

Will be fixed in 60297, thanks for reporting.

Will be fixed in 60297, thanks for reporting.

Also notice that these CTD's happens for a lot of people in all types of vehicles, not just "unarmed"!

For me the current betas have massively improved performance, I would urge BIS to wrap this up into 1.05 sooner rather than later (once CTD's are resolved of course). It would be as well for BIS to have their best foot forward while disgruntled PC users looking to ditch other 'consolised' titles are taking a first look at ArmA 2 (right now).

Is it any chance to make option, for different crosshair color, sometimes it is impossible to play with actual crosshair, best was in ofp and arma. Or best, make the color same as in formers games.

Thx, sorry for my bad english.

Getting a lot of this in the latest beta 60295. Wonder if a lot of objects/textures got this treatment to up performance? Or some settings combo or "bug" maybe. Object Detail have no effect to this wich i think is strange. It usually have a say in these things.

beta60295.jpg

Settings:

Game resolution: 1280x1024

All video settings NORMAL except: Terrain Detail & Post Processing Effects = LOW. 2500VD. No addons.

Object Detail tested from VLOW to VHIGH with no changes to the 2 MG Nests on the right side. 41 meters from 1st person is where it happens, and 39 meters in 3d person. No OC and fresh started game. Even FLUSHED to be sure. Happens on all islands and in all situations. Never seen it before and i use a single mission ive made for testing purpose of the beta's. Never seen this in earlier ones.

Only me?

Edited by Alex72

Alex already reported in the CIT

This does not happend with armed cars.

I did not tested all cars, but it is the same with all cars i have tested.

If this happens while playing on a dedicated server, the server is crashing too.

Just tried this in the editor and crashes everytime :mad:

shall roll back to the previous beta..

Just tried this in the editor and crashes everytime :mad:

shall roll back to the previous beta..

Come down there's a reason it's a beta and devs are aware of the problem and is working on it.