Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Wow... It really is a British voice actor... :j:
well at least it's not an english-speaking Czech (no offence, but I have bad memories from ARMA2 :D)

seemed nice enough..........Voices never bothered me before in ArmA 2 and they sound ok to me here too.

Most of the radio sounds sound worse than vanilla ArmA2,

It sounded mostly good to me. Some sentences were a bit choppy, but other voices felt quite natural. It looked nice and ran great (not much on the screen but still).

The Flir really seems like a gameplay changer...

yeah voices arent that bad, I just hope the game allows you to turn them off, like when playing coop games

Wow... It really is a British voice actor... :j:

You do know you can change voice on the character you play, right? For all we know the choice of voices might have been extented, featuring english voices with Czech, British, American, Russian, German and/or Farsi accent.

The rest seemed like American because they don't use customized voices.

We honestly don't know until we play it ourselfs.

My point is I hope this won't be like what they did with OFP:E, I.E. have a British voice actor put on a horribly done, fake American accent. In fact, this current voice actor sounds like that old one, just without trying to fake an accent. The one who played Berghoff in OFP:E.

At the last posted video, @5:33 , when one of the squad members say they are "Under Fire", their icons in the HUD have a red...thing. That means they are supressed or something or .....just under fire?

PS: Damm I hate those "Sssshssssss" sounds made by the RPGs.. and they are back ¬¬ Really, they are just rockets, just 2 big BOOMs!

So.. why the weapon doesn't sound like this?

Because the game ain't youtube?

And because the weapon had a silencer.

And also because people don't wanna lose their hearing playing a video game.

Edited by dunedain

Seriously? British accent on a US army soldier? That makes a whole bunch o' sense... :confused:

So.. why the weapon doesn't sound like this?

Weapon sounds in games are never perfect, probably because gun sounds different when you firing it, different when buddy 10m from you firing it, and when you hear someone firing from 100m away. It's cause there's certain level of loudness hearing can recieve, above that sound gets awfully deformed. Most rifles sounds to their gunners like BIS M16 in ArmA2 (just much, much louder). There are also other issues, like, after firing long enough you barely hear anything. You can't just repeat sound as loud as real gun to cause temporally deafness, obviously effect have to be simulated. It was done quite well in Vietcong, when player using silenced pistol could hear empty cardidges falling into grass, or enemy sneaking from behind, while after going through whole AK mag in one go, you shouldn't expect hearing anything other than gunshots.

Edited by boota

Seriously? British accent on a US army soldier? That makes a whole bunch o' sense... :confused:

right? haha. that's what i said.

also, you'll never be able to accurately recreate weapon sounds that you hear in real life, into a game. it's impossible due to recording equipment etc. plus the limitations of the game.

http://www.e3expo.com/exhibitors/92/exhibitor-list/

there's not Meridian4 the us OA publisher

will be showed OA in the next E3 (maybe from the european publisher (505 ??)) ?

Well, making the safe-assumption that Meridian4 will be publishing a carbon copy of the 505 (who is in attendance) offering, their appearance would be somewhat redundant...they are playing second fiddle after all. :bigsmile:

Cool video... :)

Edited by Mafia101
Missunderstanding...

Same old ARMA AI, those Bradleys just go flying off into fire and get desroyed when they could have sit back and fired at their leisure beyond the range of any RPG.

Is it that hard to code the AI not to drive towards, at high speed an enemy? But rather to sit back and kill it from a distance or slowely and steadily advance?

Edited by ricbar89

The British voice actor actually is nearly spot on in sounding like an Eastern USA Italian. I did find it funny, however.

The British voice actor actually is nearly spot on in sounding like an Eastern USA Italian. I did find it funny, however.

You mean like North-End?? I thought it was more like some sort of british-american mix.

Looking good for the most part

Still hate that wizzing rocket sound effect.

the fire and vehicles smoke after its destroyed still needs alot of improvement.

British accent on a US army unit, BIS why didnt you snag Binko to do some voice acting sure it would've been cheap.

One thing im really hoping for before release.

BIS give the player an option to disable High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDR)!

This HDR lighting is a joke imo, it interferes with NVG's and FLIR please let me gain the FPS and turn it off completely. :)

The SSAO in that video was very slick :eek: thanks for implementing it BIS! :yay:

Skydome texture looks alot more improved, I love playing Arma during night, so hopefully one day we will get volumetric clouds as seen in just cause 2 and crysis that would be awesome.

CANNOT wait for release!

Edited by Flash Thunder

Same old ARMA AI, those Bradleys just go flying off into fire and get desroyed when they could have sit back and fired at their leisure beyond the range of any RPG.

Is it that hard to code the AI not to drive towards, at high speed an enemy? But rather to sit back and kill it from a distance or slowely and steadily advance?

Holy shit whining? Have you made a mission before? This is completely the mission maker's call, and from the looks of that mission it is user-made.

You mean like North-End?? I thought it was more like some sort of british-american mix.

Yeah I have a very Italian friend from Rhode Island. The voice of the player reminded me of him

Where have we announced pay DLC? We haven't, so please discuss the expansion we have announced and stop fictionalising amateur dramatics please ;)

You also haven't announced that the "significant DLC for OA" (your words, not mine) will be free so you can hardly blame people for entertaining the possibility that it might be paid for.

Probably an Italian immigrant to the Eastern United States. ;)

Yeah I have a very Italian friend from Rhode Island. The voice of the player reminded me of him

He sounds like a British voice actor (probably from England or Wales) trying to do an American accent, but failing very, very badly. I am 99.99% sure that he is the voice actor who did the voice of Berghof in Operation Flashpoint: Elite (for XBOX 1). The other voices sounded fairly decent; I hope there are no more nine year-old boys as voice actors this time around, or Commonwealth voice actors trying to do American accents (e.g. Cooper and Captain Dressler). *shudders*

right? haha. that's what i said.

The only Brit that I know of that served in the United States military (in fairly modern times) was Rick Rescorla.

Edited by Laqueesha