Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

people, they say on the F.A.Q. that they will announce more information SOON! So no need to worry about anything at this point, right?! And BIS knows the community AND BIS works hard on what they do so I believe they will come up with a good solution to all this.

Love all the info I'm seeing there.

Down with the paid DLC... I'd rather buy a full-priced game half-finished (as per usual BIS operating procedure) than get nickel and dimed with micro-transactions that amount to the same end-result.

You don't remove a band-aid with a little jerk every now and then either, you rip it off fast :)

If it's marketing reasons, I think free DLC is actually much better advertising through word of mouth, news sites etc praising "yay even more free content!" than "oh, these guys want your $4.99. again.".

Hai Guyz I joined the A2OA Boycott, I feel like im being ripped off by having to pay for something.

We live in a communist world even here in the US, and I and my fellow Smart dudes believe that BIS shall serve us with Free Expansions and DLC.

BIS will have to start cooking food and selling beer if they want to profit any and not become bankrupt. I hope you understand me.

HE HE HARR HAR! :rolleyes:

Jesus christ you morons, BIS works their ass off and all you can say is

Give me this for free give me that for free!

Im perfectly fine with buying 1-3 payed DLC's aslong as its not a joke like Conmasters "Free roam DLC" got what a scam almost as much of a scam as global warming. HA

Anyways please dont associate BIS with the word "milking" otherwise you're a moron.

If you cant afford the DLC, then you cant afford it move on with life.

In the end BIS is a "Business trying to make profit" they dont work for free and they sure as hell dont want to only have enough money to pay way.

PS: Boycotts are a joke, look at Modernfragfare2 everyone on the boycott bought it.

If you refer to me as a "moron", you didn't get my point at all. Let me try to elaborate:

I'm against giving BIS my 30€ + 5€ little later + 5€ little later + 5€ little later + little later 5€, not against giving BIS my 50€. Ie, I'd rather OA be a full-priced game than a budget title with pay DLC that effectively makes it a full-priced game anyway.

Down with the paid DLC... I'd rather buy a full-priced game half-finished (as per usual BIS operating procedure) than get nickel and dimed with micro-transactions that amount to the same end-result.

You don't remove a band-aid with a little jerk every now and then either, you rip it off fast :)

If it's marketing reasons, I think free DLC is actually much better advertising through word of mouth, news sites etc praising "yay even more free content!" than "oh, these guys want your $4.99. again.".

Some of that is true but the main reason why Arma 2 slipped out so early was because of the publishers not BIS. ;)

See they loan bis the funds to build the project, they ran out of funds= ship game, I dont think they would of liked to ship it in June rather than the beginning of this year.

OA doesnt look half done, they only thing that still concerns me alot is the AI, AI is flawed but other than that the amount of bang for your buck is astounding, BIS still got 2 months to fix bugs and coat some polish on dont worry, I dont think they would be getting drunk for 2 months straight. :)

How can you seriously call OA "paid-for DLC"...

MW2 Stimulus Package - 5 maps; 3 crap, 2 from COD4 - "paid-for DLC"

Just Cause 2 DLC - couple of new gadgets that are "meh" - "paid-for DLC"

"That other game's DLC" - bullshit - "paid-for DLC"

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead - 3 new islands, new campaign, new SP and MP missions, new editor modules, FLIR, significant HUD changes, new radio voices, new radio system, UAV drones, 5 new factions, the list goes on -

Not "paid-for DLC".

Seriously, if you think OA is on par with those other examples of "DLC"... What is this I don't even... :butbut:

MW2 Stimulus Package - 5 maps; 3 crap, 2 from COD4 - "paid-for DLC"

Just Cause 2 DLC - couple of new gadgets that are "meh" - "paid-for DLC"

Woah hold your horses, JC2 gadgets are quite fun.

If you refer to me as a "moron", you didn't get my point at all. Let me try to elaborate:

I'm against giving BIS my 30€ + 5€ little later + 5€ little later + 5€ little later + little later 5€, not against giving BIS my 50€. Ie, I'd rather OA be a full-priced game than a budget title with pay DLC that effectively makes it a full-priced game anyway.

Either way the amount of money you pay to the amount of content you will recieve is relatively the same.

why does the price model make it differ? Me confused.

EDIT

And at this moment we still dont know if they will be paid or not.

I dont think BIS would be able to sell any DLC if they put out a new set of weapons or something for 5 bucks, why would they do that when the community is able to make them. BIS will come up with some good ideas.

Edited by Flash Thunder

Did you actually read something or you just saw the words DLC and BOYCOTT in the same topic and thought would be fun to dress up you white knight costume ?

Some of that is true but the main reason why Arma 2 slipped out so early was because of the publishers not BIS. ;)

See they loan bis the funds to build the project, they ran out of funds= ship game, I dont think they would of liked to ship it in June rather than the beginning of this year.

Wrong. As far as I know, BIS is an independent studio. They fund development from their own pocket with their own terms and only use publishers for distribution.

Woah hold your horses, JC2 gadgets are quite fun.

Not worth the money, though. ;)

Aren't we going just a little offtopic?

Either way the amount of money you pay to the amount of content you will recieve is relatively the same.

why does the price model make it differ? Me confused.

It matters because people don't like paying money, hence my "ripping off the band-aid" analogy.

Then don't buy it? The rest of us will. And enjoy it, we shall.

Wrong. As far as I know, BIS is an independent studio. They fund development from their own pocket with their own terms and only use publishers for distribution.

If so thats news to me, either way they ran out of funds, if its BIS money or someone elses money.

Why would I play dress up?

:awesomeface:

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Q to the F*cking T!

your mentality Pulverizer is against capitalism. :j:

Edited by Flash Thunder

^ this

OA is not a DLC, that's for sure.

I would pay € 40, as for ARMA 2, if BIS declare that the next DLC will be free patch

How can you seriously call OA "paid-for DLC"...

Haha, what? No one did that. People are talking about BIS' plans for OA DLC, not saying that OA itself is DLC.

I might buy it, but I would still think BIS is a bit silly for jumping on the "paid DLC"-bandwagon while waving the "True PC Gaming" flag.

Well not me, even if I've been a faithful fan of BIS work since 2001, I won't pay for DLC why ?

-Have to buy DLC online, from where ? Steam, BIS website ? while I'll buy a hard copy of OA.

-Buying a 30€ addon is better to me than to pay a few bucks several times for DLC with small contents.

-Makes mp even more messy with all those different addons.

-Is that profitable for BIS to sell DLC while community is releasing great stuff weekly ?

-How would it be secured ? you know that you can install Red Hammer and Queen's Gambit by just copy/paste of PBOs from the CD ?

The only publishers which have successfully released DLC are those who made modding impossible on their games ... So like I said before I'm quite confident BIS won't charge their DLC.

Edited by dunedain

Why dont we end this discussion and wait for some actual confirmation or further details.

OA= Enough content to warrant a standalone Price could be full 50 dollars but BIS is nice and they charge for an expansion price.

DLC= doesnt automatically mean all paid for, lets start debating when we know if its going to be free or not at that time.

in my eyes only map packs are a rip off, especially since nowadays they're almost on the disk already. IE Moderncrapfare 2, Bad co 2

but thats just my onion.

your mentality Pulverizer is against capitalism. :j:

And your mentality are insults, lame flame-baits and not making any goddamn sense? :D

Good night folks :o

Where have we announced pay DLC? We haven't, so please discuss the expansion we have announced and stop fictionalising amateur dramatics please ;)

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

And it's nothing to do with this thread so deleted.

Most of the radio sounds sound worse than vanilla ArmA2, but its WIP so I still got hopes for the real game. At least the player character voice actor has some strong accent

why can't he learn to run? :confused:

all it takes is a double-tap of the shift key :p

But it looks much better than that other dissalowed preview some people saw the other day.

Any idea what specs his was running on? bearing in mind it was probably recording with fraps at half res.?

Oh and, about the voice-acting; it would be more fluid and make more sense if they said 'half a click away', or 'at half a click'.

Wow... It really is a British voice actor... :j:

The other voices sound pretty good, though.

Edit: Seems Bardosy's also got a hold of a copy of OA, then.

Edited by Zipper5