Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Still needs moar green! :dance:

Well I think everything looks correct given the sun was shinning brightly during you screenshot.

Example1

Example2

not so shiny

Example3

When are these addons being released?!? They look so damn real!

Abs

[Edit:

I heard he lieks multicam?

:D

Psh...they both begin with M.[/edit]

When are these addons being released?!? They look so damn real!

When they are done. :yay:

Binkowski, nice work, is that the new nighttime pattern? It's a little too bright.

Well I think everything looks correct given the sun was shinning brightly during you screenshot. Example1

2 - Bathroom break ... your soldier starts pissing. (altho this might turn into a pissing on the dead enemy, and if thats a problem, you could make the soldier go to nearest cover such as a tree or a building before pissing)

Looks like we finally have those "pissing" animations that people have been requesting for so long. :p

Studio Sarmat presents you the first screenshots of the model soldier, the U.S. Army.

This is a completely new model created on the basis ArmaII Sample Character Models from the BIS.

Later, of course, we plan to add equipment, but it is on this model, which will serve as a basis for further development of the addon.

Below we show a few screenshots which show our work.

We hope you enjoy.

ac9fa8284bf0t.jpg1b87aeb54bb6t.jpg

Edited by zenger

Bloody awesome Zenger:)

Is there anything you guyz are not making ;):)

attachment.php?attachmentid=37585&stc=1&d=1248022088

Seriously, Sarmat studio makes the shit! Cant wait to see those guys with some ACH and IOTV, need any reference pics on the IOTV PM me :p

Wow Zenger thats AWESOME!! But please, make it alot less blue. Theres more green in ACU. I barely see any from those screenshots.

Anyways lookin forward to some more screens!

Very nice SARMAT, but like someone else said, it needs to be a little greener where it looks blueish right now.

Bink, you know you don't want to be done with ACUs....Unless you've seen the light and love Multicam?:D

I think bink is going to start making US civis with tall tees, nikes and a new era fitted hat..

jokes. man.

@ Zenger

There's something funky going on with your torsos. They lack any kind of silhouette contour, but the normal map is implying VERY deep folds. The effect isn't harmonious and make the normal map look forced, and also makes the tunic look very artificial.

BTW Are these even WIP?

for the record. and to all who complain about my acu being "TOO BRIGHT" yeah you can thank arma2 for that. just click the image below.

it seems to me that the photo of your jacket is darker than the texture, especially the trousers look brighter.

noone blames u for the glowing arma 2 adds to bright textures. in the end it just matters how it looks ingame. so if arma lightens up your texture than u'll have to tone it down in photoshop.

in my exprience color adjustment is one of the main parts when working with the arma 2 engine...so no need to ask whos fault it is.

just wanna help make it look better. let this thread not become a praise-only-zone.

it seems to me that the photo of your jacket is darker than the texture, especially the trousers look brighter.

noone blames u for the glowing arma 2 adds to bright textures. in the end it just matters how it looks ingame. so if arma lightens up your texture than u'll have to tone it down in photoshop.

in my exprience color adjustment is one of the main parts when working with the arma 2 engine...so no need to ask whos fault it is.

just wanna help make it look better. let this thread not become a praise-only-zone.

Yep, the photo looks darker.

Glowing can also be adjusted pretty well by rvmats, for my work on the stargate units I added custom unit patches like this:

http://starland.com/catalog/images/PTSG12.jpg

Ingame with my default rvmat settings the units' patches litup with a halo ring. I adjusted the rvmat ambient color carefully from white to a more grey and the halo rings went away.

I also experimentated with tuning down the specular setting and the as maps, but ambient gave the most effect.

Edited by Icewindo

right now working on a "mandole missile" light.. basicly it will for the Swedish forces Pack and not a missile addon/script collection rather intergrated parts with our addons. There is one missile (ship to ship, or ship to land with GPS waypoints) and "gps guided cluster" bomb.. designed to stop a "soviet invasion" by dropping bombs on the beaches from a "safe distance".

Anyway.. i don't have arma2 installed on my "travel laptop" as some of you know.. so i am forced to try my ideas in OFP.. thought this was too funny...

http://anrop.se/forum/attachments/hundrahojdare.jpg

( i did a setpos thing to easily track and see how my script behaved)

for the record. and to all who complain about my acu being "TOO BRIGHT" yeah you can thank arma2 for that. just click the image below.

ACU in photoshop

Back side of my jacket

i think im going to be done with acu.

perhaps you're using the wrong ACU texture...

I just want you to try this, and show us all an in-game screenshot of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z0li03qdoio

if it's crap, I and others will shut up for sure :)

Edited by Fox '09

perhaps you're using the wrong ACU texture...

I just want you to try this, and show us all an in-game screenshot of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z0li03qdoio

if it's crap, I and others will shut up for sure :)

Pretty sure he did use that for the last versions.

It's just a matter or trial and error, unfortunately like it was in ArmA it sometimes has to look abit off in photoshop to look more correct ingame, whether that means it looks darker, less saturated or even a slight colour overlay or whatever in PS, and then sometimes there is the fun of having to find a happy medium for all the different lighting conditions aswell, where it may end up being 'sufficent' in all, excellent in none.

It can get abit frustrating.

Edited by Sabre

Pretty sure he did use that for the last versions.

It's just a matter or trial and error, unfortunately like it was in ArmA it sometimes has to look abit off in photoshop to look more correct ingame, whether that means it looks darker, less saturated or even a slight colour overlay or whatever in PS, and then sometimes there is the fun of having to find a happy medium for all the different lighting conditions aswell, where it may end up being 'sufficent' in all, excellent in none.

It can get abit frustrating.

I do understand a lot of tuning has to be done, however, judging by the texture he used it looks like the one I posted, but without being converted from CMYK to RGB. That's what the texture i posted looks like if you don't convert.

the texture seems too white because of this..