Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

thought i should try out making a bunker http://filesmelt.com/dl/bunker_01.bmp

that's it in 3ds.. 332 polys according to my freind (he made the model for me)

Maybe i'll make a bunker pack :).. but this is my first "real" addon, so i probably won't release it (best idea huh)

Edited by Fox '09

in arma 1 i love the cheyene mountain bunker , and if i see a bunker in arma 2 it's very cool for my mission (Domination with FOB)

Very early WIP of units in MOPPs for the Generation Kill mod.

In need of a better hood model badly! This one was made by me but as you can see it doesn't really look like a hoodie.

So if anyone has one ready to use and feels like donating it, feel free to contact me

:eek: Those look beautiful! Feels like it's 2003 all over again. Were there shoulder cargo pockets on the old MOPP suits?

Also, will there be a map for this mod? 2009 Chernarus hardly looks like 2003 Iraq. :D

P.S. Your HMMWVs look excellent.

thought i should try out making a bunker.. [mg]http://filesmelt.com/dl/bunker_01.bmp[/img]

that's it in 3ds.. 332 polys according to my freind (he made the model for me)

Maybe i'll make a bunker pack :).. but this is my first "real" addon, so i probably won't release it (best idea huh)

900kb dude? Ya might wanna re-size that pic before a mod pays your house a visit ;)

@1in1class

aye, i know Franze's F/A-18 and while visually it looks the same, technically it is completely different. While Franze had all possible weapons outmodelled on the plane and just hiding not used ordinance, my approach will work with a really small amount of adaption with every plane and every weapon system.

So you are not limited to weapons that you added yourself but you can load any weapon that has been adapted.

Hot damn! This is headed in a nice direction. So if I understand correctly, instead of merely hiding ordinance not in use, this actually swaps it out, thus avoiding one of the issues inherent in Franze's system. If this becomes reliable, it'll be a huge boon to aircraft modelers. Instead of having to release multiple configurations of the same base aircraft, you would be able to land and swap armaments! A quick question though: complexity-wise, how would implementing this vary from the in-game complexity of using Mando's weapons loadout script?

900kb dude? Ya might wanna re-size that pic before a mod pays your house a visit ;)

phew, thanks.

Ah the Ridgeback... i already have the Enforcer for it although i need to replace the temp texture.

enforce.th.jpg

Beautiful. I suppose thats transferable to other vehicles, Panther ;)?

Hot damn! This is headed in a nice direction. So if I understand correctly, instead of merely hiding ordinance not in use, this actually swaps it out, thus avoiding one of the issues inherent in Franze's system. If this becomes reliable, it'll be a huge boon to aircraft modelers. Instead of having to release multiple configurations of the same base aircraft, you would be able to land and swap armaments! A quick question though: complexity-wise, how would implementing this vary from the in-game complexity of using Mando's weapons loadout script?

The System is designed to gain max flexibility. Franze's System was restricted to the F/A18 and the included weapons. Loading weapons on his plane which were part of another addon or BIS Weapons didn't worked. The limit there wasn't Franze's system as this was (is) a piece of genious, working around the limitations of ArmA 1. It couldn't had be done better at this time.

Luckily the proxy handling of the engine has improved in ArmA 2 so it offers more points to hook in and work around some downsides.

What you see in the vids is nothing more than simple removeMagazine/removeWeapon and addMagazine/addWeapon scripting. The secret is in the added weapon proxies. The plane dummy has 6 visual hardpoints. Usually this means it would have 6 proxies to place the weapon. But the dummy actually has 34.

ArmA 2 does mount weapons according to the magazines, not the weapons. You can add a Magazine without having a weapon for it added and as the visual model is part of the magazine (more precisely: in the related ammo) they will show up even without weapon.

The Multiracks you see are defined as cfgAmmo and as cfgMagazine. For the game they are missiles. To fill up unused proxies i use ammo/magazines with a invisible model. This was inspired by RKSL-Rocks UK weapon pack i've received to include it into the Missilebox.

The final systems will have the following possibilities:

- add any IAWS compatible weapon to any IAWS compatible plane, regardless in which addon they were included.

- Choose your desired loadout according to the firemission you're about to do.

- BIS rearming procedures will work as usual.

- System does take weapon data like size and weight into considreation when it comes to load hardpoints, so no Mk84 on Wingtips.

To adapt existing planes (and also choppers) i guess the workload will be less than one hour. For the player i will make the system as easy as possible so also non-real-life-fighter-pilots will find theyr way through. ;)

This sounds great Myke. Any idea on full-scale release date with lovely GUI frontend? Ballpark is all we need. Thanks

This sounds great Myke. Any idea on full-scale release date with lovely GUI frontend? Ballpark is all we need. Thanks

Aye, i guess it will be available shortly after Duke Nukem Forever has been released.

But honestly, i don't know when i'm ready to release. Be assured that i spent every free minute on this.

What you see in the vids is nothing more than simple removeMagazine/removeWeapon and addMagazine/addWeapon scripting. The secret is in the added weapon proxies. The plane dummy has 6 visual hardpoints. Usually this means it would have 6 proxies to place the weapon. But the dummy actually has 34.

ArmA 2 does mount weapons according to the magazines, not the weapons. You can add a Magazine without having a weapon for it added and as the visual model is part of the magazine (more precisely: in the related ammo) they will show up even without weapon.

The Multiracks you see are defined as cfgAmmo and as cfgMagazine. For the game they are missiles. To fill up unused proxies i use ammo/magazines with a invisible model. This was inspired by RKSL-Rocks UK weapon pack i've received to include it into the Missilebox.

I was/am a huge fan of Franze's effort... it was a brilliant work around. Which begs another question: how hard would it be to include viable, functional fuel tanks as part of a loadout on the pylons? If I understand the way this works, so long as the pylon is defined as a magazine and the fuel tanks are identified as ammo, there really isn't anything that would keep them from being mounted, but then it begs the question of how to adjust the config file of the aircraft to recognize the "fuel ammo" and adjust/update the realtime fuel state accordingly in a reliable fashion. Thoughts for the future...

I completely agree with you, his solution was brilliant and the best what could be done with the engine limitations at this time. I wouldn't say what i do is better than what he did. We both try to extend what is possible to the max.

About the fuel tanks....well, already have those in mind and as you already stated, the main problem is how to handle the additional fuel. No doubt there has to be a scripted solution for this and i already have some approaches in mind. So yes, Fuel tanks can be attached using this technique without problems so far.

And to extend it already now: i guess everything that can be attached to real planes hardpoints would be possible to attach ingame with this system. Didn't do any in-depth research yet but i know there are Laser targetting pods that can be attached. Would be interesting for double-seater like the F-14.

The main problem with all equpment probably will be how complicated it is scriptingwise to make everything work.

Wow, Pauliesss... Top notch work, looks like real!

That's the best ACU I've ever seen. :O

Pauliness that is definately the best ACU I've seen. When I opened the picture it made my jaw drop. Great work.

haha ^

but really, are those real, or did you photoshop them in? they look so good!

Well use my template and you'll be fine :rolleyes:

http://armaholic.com/page.php?id=10046

You could, but, with respect to Lennard's work, those seams aren't quite correct.

The upper ACU pant pockets, for example, are large and rectangular, and in a different spot. In addition, ACU pants have lower pockets, and the BIS seam templates pretty much totally neglect knee reinforcements, etc. And this doesn't even mention the arms.

Here's the last ACU texture I was cooking up before my drive to mod blew a gasket, as a guide.

AccaClakkaUkka.jpg