Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Myke, that is awesome.

Eki, I can't see the image?

Dob, New island or new buildings for Duala?

Myke, that is awesome.

Eki, I can't see the image?

Dob, New island or new buildings for Duala?

I'm afraid the only help I can offer you, is to link you: link.

hutte05.jpg

hutte06.jpg

Why not for Duala, but the project is for Tropica Island by Old Bear :)

More sci-fi stuff, very cool :yay: .

Is it a general sci fi setting or modelled after a specific theme? Digital camo (like e.g. in Mass Effect) would look really badass on the soldiers if I may guess.

Edited by Icewindo

Is it a general sci fi setting or modelled after a specific theme? Digital camo (like e.g. in Mass Effect) would look really badass on these.

I'm not sure but it may become something specific. ArmA doesn't really have the best engine for sci-fi stuff like mechs but we'll see. :)

I want that mech, I need it. I love it. Get it done and release for public please \o(

I don't think you can really satisfactorily animate mechs like that.

The only way I know of (but it might not look the way i would want it to) is to move the components via "transition", "rotation" stuff in the model.cfg and animate them via _mech animate [_mech, "component"] commands.

I hope i can do this without a dispEH and somehow avoid the - driver not being able to move the turret - problem :/.

Yes, it won't be fun at all haha.

Edited by Macolik

The only way I know of (but it might not look the way i would want it to) is to move the components via "transition", "rotation" stuff in the model.cfg and animate them via _mech animate [_mech, "component"] commands.

I hope i can do this without a dispEH and somehow avoid the - driver not being able to move the turret - problem :/.

Yes, it won't be fun at all haha.

Would that thing be only one man operated or possibly two?

Would that thing be only one man operated or possibly two?

Yes just one.

EDIT: thanks icewindo. I'll take a look at that :)

Edited by Macolik

The Tiberian Genesis mod had one for ofp, it was working pretty nicely (atleast speaking from my memories).

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7519&newlang=eng

I remember a few mechs from OFP that were double plus ungood, simply because actually animating them is too cumbersome. Of course it's possible to animate something superbly with a text editor, but the actual work that is involved prohibits sane people from attempting it.

Here are some videos about the kinds of things you can expect to achieve:

Whats the purpose of the black flag shaped thing in the front?

The early versions were simply a .50cal ammo can welded to a piece of angle iron, with a diesel engine glowplug welded inside. It heats up the ammo box and creates a nice big IR signature for tripping IEDs triggered by garage door sensors, or other IR based sensors. Used primarily to defeat IEDs that produce EFPs (explosively formed penetrators), since if they go off too early, the copper "slug" will pass harmlessly in front of the vehicle.

Eventually they learned to just point the EFPs back a bit, but then we upped the armor thickness so it would just glance off, then they just built IEDs with 50+ EFPs built into them... fun stuff.

The new ones are manufactured with a little better materials, and put out a better IR signature with more reliability.

Google, is your friend...

Very nice Bink! Very 3d and actually more "fat" than the usual, in a good way. Sometimes it looks like ArmA 2 soldiers don't eat much :) These are more balanced, at least that screen makes it look that way, me likes it!