WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

My freind is making a model of the M29 recoiless nuclear weapon

he needs to fix it, as it looks too thin and whatnot compared to the real thing

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4469/nukething03.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8516/nukething01.jpg

I will finish this one, unlike my failed trenches :p

going to work on the config tonight

Little side project I'm working on.

When I saw this photo below I immediately got exited to make this for arma. So made a little start on it tonight but I'm not sure if it will ever get released.

It's basicly a MI-8 with it's backdoors removed and it's armed with a Minigun.

n2da1w.th.jpg

mi8wip1.th.png

I can't see in your screenshot. Btw yes those are MI-8 operated by DEA Fast teams and other agencies in Afghanistan...

who said it was another squad? nothing against tf86, but im not into the whole clan thing, so this isn't a my clan is better than yours :P tf94 is my wip project im trying to dish out before i run out of time this summer. hell, i only play online once a week or so. ill have some more info here in a bit . . .

Edited by TheRev709

thats awesome wip pic :D

"TF94: Because we're cooler than TF86!" > :icon_surprised:

I'm slowly getting tired of cleaning up here every 2nd day.

For the last time now: This thread is for showing work in progress pictures and related discussions about them. Not more, not less.

If cleaning up and warnings alone doesn't help we can hand out infractions as well. It's really no problem and is as fast as cleaning up.

Little side project I'm working on.

When I saw this photo below I immediately got exited to make this for arma. So made a little start on it tonight but I'm not sure if it will ever get released.

It's basicly a MI-8 with it's backdoors removed and it's armed with a Minigun.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8687/n2da1w.th.jpg

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3109/mi8wip1.th.png

Looking good though the green could use a bit of desaturation and maybe brightness so the two colors blend better.

15th MEU is developing the LPD-17 USS San Antonio, will have a flight deck, flight hanger, pri-fly room, infantry staging deck, cargo deck, stowage deck, and lastly a well deck.

In the well deck there will be room for two stacked LCACs, and plenty of room for an entire Marine Expeditionary Force.

Here are some early preliminary screenshots and... if anyone is interested in helping with textures please PM me.

th_lpd4.jpg

th_lpd3.jpg

th_lpd2.jpg

th_lpd1.jpg

Edited by SpectreRSG

OktfA.jpg

OkvKJ.jpg

Not gonna be released most likely. Early WIP.

Made by Anus2020.

Edited by Enad

Yeah they are Aeneas2020's work. Initially he didnt want me to say it was his, but now he changed his mind. So I'll add under those pics that it was made by him.

And they are awesome ACU textures! Need a little fixing, but they are great! And you guys are in for an awesome surprise when he's done. :D

Little update on the ammo carts .

Thanks Myke, that i may use some his missles and bombs .

Have also make a waepon loader , all still wip .

eddyD_bomb_carts.jpg

cya

eddyD

Nicely made stuff there Eddy.

Looks better now with Myke's armament.

Really looking great, and i mean the carts and equipement. :D

@Lennard

i'm sure eddyD could make them himself as nice as i did if not even better, but why re-invent the wheel again and again and again..... ;)

I posted this in the A2TS release thread, but since our version is still a work in progress I figured I'd post it here too... for extra views and to maybe expose people who haven't heard about this project yet. :)

Below is a signal test visualized for A2TS3. Brighter red is better signal, darker/fainter red is lower quality signal. This is signal quality data that is generated from a transmitter replicating a AN/PRC-119 to an AN/PRC-119. Samples are taken every 50 meters and form a point to point from the red dot on the airport runway to every sample point and determines the link quality via the A2TS3 algorithms. This is done in real time during game!

This gives a general overview of what the radio quality simulation will be like. As you move from the brighter to darker/fainter areas your audio quality goes down, being more over taken by noise and distortion. If the transmitter is able to increase his output power he will be able to transmit further. The same applies if he goes higher and gains a better line of sight, or the reciever gets a better line of sight. In short our aim is to get radios that operate the same way as they do in real life.

test_signal_map_tn.jpg

Jaynus is writing a better app to visualize the data we get from our tuning tests. :)

@NouberNou,

I didn't understood your explanation quite well... :-)

Does that mean in the case of someone standing at the airport middle (red dot) and transmitting a signal, everyone around the map within those red spots will be able to hear it?

For a PRC-119 manpack as transmitter and reciever.

The area indicated would be different depending on the transmitter, reciever, the antennae used in either end, transmit power etc.

I haven't really followed A2TS, but I was a signals grunt in the army, so I think I must, now :)

That's actually a pretty intriguing and unique idea, would be great to have radio's more lifelike and less 'you can use and hear it perfectly anywhere' Although if the system works would there be a way to enabling mobile communications vehicles the ability to provide radio ability in darker area's?

....Although if the system works would there be a way to enabling mobile communications vehicles the ability to provide radio ability in darker area's?

After reading the tickets in the Projects Space(link!) i would think so :D

Keyword "Repeater" IIRC.