sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Turning while prone is a bit too slow... though I know it's by design so not a bug. But while in 3rd person mode, you can turn at default BIS speed while prone. So I consider that as a bug. Because it would give the AI an unfair advantage against human player

Thank you

I thought that before, but if see better, in 3rd person view, the soldier move his arms, while in 1st person view, he doestn, but you can get the same movement as 3rd PV (arms moving) pressing A\D + Mouse.

Sometimes I really find it hard to believe anymore what this community has become. Constant fighting about minor issues. The more there are separate indie mods the more trouble and conflicts it is going to cause.

Who suffers - the casual gamer who tries to figure out why the mods and addons won't work as expected.

not this way

i am making my models to popularise my addons and have players downloading and using them

i am not making it for someone pride/proud/flag but for my own, like other mods

concerning separate mods - thats why it is important to use common balisitics values, it gives possibility to mix addons from different mods

and everyone who makes addons, make it for his own pride as only pay for time spent on it

so it is natural, that to play Tatra truck i must download CSLA addons and i have CSLA_car addon on my disc

to play Wiesel tank i must download BW mod

and i thought that Bradley as my main flag of vehicles pack cause downloading my pack

and it was very big surprise for me seeing it under ACE_... tag

everyone including ACE can put in his 7Z archive/installer VIL_.... addon and making mission with it

addons are signed, but i don't like part of my small pack (i divided big pack into 4 smaller to make it more user-friendly) under other tag and thats all smile_o.gif

belive me , keeping similar balistic paramters between mods alows you to mix many addons in one mission smile_o.gif

Turning while prone is a bit too slow... though I know it's by design so not a bug. But while in 3rd person mode, you can turn at default BIS speed while prone. So I consider that as a bug. Because it would give the AI an unfair advantage against human player

Thank you

AFAIK, AI turning speed has been left like it is now intentionally. The reason was not to limit AI movement further. They are already dumb enough. You can increase your turning speed by combining mouse movement with WASD movement keys.

This represents RL as you will need to stop aiming for turning more than a certain degree.

Thank you

AFAIK, AI turning speed has been left like it is now intentionally. The reason was not to limit AI movement further. They are already dumb enough. You can increase your turning speed by combining mouse movement with WASD movement keys.

This represents RL as you will need to stop aiming for turning more than a certain degree.

turning while prone takes some getting used to. but i reckon it is a great nod towards realism and really makes choosing where you go prone (including cover/concealment) much more important first time.

Vilas Bradley will be removed from ACE Mod. We probably will create our own or possibly begin with an OFP port, thanks for the tip Miles Teg.

Please refrain from further discussing the matter (which belongs in private) in our Mod's thread, it is off-topic, and unnecessary.

Thank you Kindly.

Thank you

No doubt, I'm always a little bit miffed when people say "give the AI an unfair advantage". I just got laugh at that and think huh??, it seems to me impossible to ever make it even between AI and played(me at least). I never really seem to have much problem fighting the AI. My AI teammates, well that's a different story. biggrin_o.gif

Thank you

Also, turning while rolling is really fast. Just roll with your Q/E keys and turn as much as you can, and you can almost turn 180 degrees at once.

And I can add again, even though it's been said before: Use free-look while having the sights up. If you hold 'alt' while aiming you have a 160 degree fire arc when lying down.

The big bonus with the slow turning is that if you want to turn without showing the whole world you are doing so, then it is slow. Fast turning which includes movement/rolling keys is highly visible and noisy.

Quote[/b] ]The reason was not to limit AI movement further. They are already dumb enough.

Aint that the truth crazy_o.gif

Yes, I was extremely puzzled and dissappointed with the new prone system...... at first. It obviously is more 'realistic' compared to the old break-dance turns, but I was by now extremely used to it. Not being able to do it anymore *will* for me take some time getting used to.

Is anybody else crashing back to windows more with the newest version of ace.

I have crashed a few times ,with the do you want to send error report to mircosoft.

It did not happen on the last version.

rgds

Cuppa

edit ,might be ace evo 4.6

I agree totally with Freshman. The parallax-free EOTech- and Aimpoint-Sights have proved livesaving in many, many many situations I've been in since playing with ACE.

The problem with them is that they don't work for everyone. Some people see the Aimpoit dot or Eotech crosshair floating in mid-air in front of them, which is a bit of a cheat especially when crosshairs are disabled.

IMO they still do their job well. They are still a bit further from the camera than the standard ArmA Aimpoint.

Hi,

I am using an ATI Radeon 3850HD, this bug appeared only when aiming an M14 SOPMOD wiht EoTech oder Aimpoint. I had this bug since the initial releas of those weapons. But fortunately the HK417/416 Weapons hadn't this bug.

And, when checking after your reply, i noticed that the M14 SOPMODs still have the crosshair bug.

Here a picture, and since I hadn't a current Newspaper that says "Ace 1.02 released" to verify this problem in the newses ACE version, I placed a SU37 with variable Numbers in that came with 1.02 :P

m14buggh5.th.jpg

ACE Mod destroyed the working ones and didn't fix the already destroyed. :/

Anyway, ACE is still a great Mod. smile_o.gif Keep it up.

I used to have that cross hair bug with the hk416 and scar eotechs in the 6thsense weapons prior to ACE.

But in ACE I did not have this bug any longer.

I found that on some HK weapons with ACOG on

the scope doesent always work when hitting V or

sec mousebutton...

I have no clue wich ones and i have no way of

trial and see as my internet is down for the moment.

My specs:

AMD Quad9500 Phenom

3Gb Ram

Nvidia 8800GT (i think, not sure)

ArmA 1.15 + ACE only

Quote[/b] ]The reason was not to limit AI movement further. They are already dumb enough.

Aint that the truth  crazy_o.gif

Yes, I was extremely puzzled and dissappointed with the new prone system...... at first. It obviously is more 'realistic' compared to the old break-dance turns, but I was by now extremely used to it. Not being able to do it anymore *will* for me take some time getting used to.

As a former soldier, I'd like to add that personally I DO NOT find the new prone position turning realistic in anyway or form. In real life if you see an enemy to your side it DOES NOT take that long to face him. Normally in one movement you can raise your body off the ground and swing your legs in the opposite direction before then aiming at the new target. You can also roll on your back, sit up, and lay back down in the new direction. These animations are not in ArmA and would be difficult to implement.

However, the current system, even while using the left/right arrow keys, is MUCH too slow and cumbersome. It's gotten me killed MANY times in the game.

Overall that feature just makes the game much more frustrating and not as enjoyable.

Let me repeat again, this is NOT realistic and NOT how soldiers change directions in the prone position in real life.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey its like "removing" the reticule....

Doesent make sence either...

Like the stamina system...

Its STILL a game...

Not the real life...

As a former soldier I do not recall being able to quickly realign myself from the prone position. It is a time consuming and tiresome process, but unless you want your hiney blown off you stay down. So you stay down.

As for not getting flanked and shot up the rear by the enemy, I recommend using teammates on the flanks doing flank security, as they should.

However, as a former break dance artist of the early eighties I find it abhorrent that I can no longer do the arma-equivalent of the crazy chicken on the ground. It is a time honored tradition of virtual soldiery and I am sad to see it go the way of the ten-second sprint-to-prone animation.

Fare thee well, Crazy Chicken...

Aint that the truth  crazy_o.gif

As a former soldier, I'd like to add that personally I DO NOT find the new prone position turning realistic in anyway or form.   In real life if you see an enemy to your side it DOES NOT take that long to face him. Normally in one movement you can raise your body off the ground and swing your legs in the opposite direction before then aiming at the new target. You can also roll on your back, sit up, and lay back down in the new direction. These animations are not in ArmA and would be difficult to implement.  

However, the current system, even while using the left/right arrow keys, is MUCH too slow and cumbersome.  It's gotten me killed MANY times in the game.  

Overall that feature just makes the game much more frustrating and not as enjoyable.  

Let me repeat again, this is NOT realistic and NOT how soldiers change directions in the prone position in real life.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

And that is precisely what the new system is attempting to do.

At first I wasn't happy with it either until I learned how to do it with the movement keys. I don't find it slow at all and it seems to simulate exactly what Miles Teg described here.

Sometimes I really find it hard to believe anymore what this community has become. Constant fighting about minor issues. The more there are separate indie mods the more trouble and conflicts it is going to cause.

Who suffers - the casual gamer who tries to figure out why the mods and addons won't work as expected.

not this way

i am making my models to popularise my addons and have players downloading and using them

i am not making it for someone pride/proud/flag but for my own, like other mods

concerning separate mods - thats why it is important to use common balisitics values, it gives possibility to mix addons from different mods

and everyone who makes addons, make it for his own pride as only pay for time spent on it

so it is natural, that to play Tatra truck i must download CSLA addons and i have CSLA_car addon on my disc

to play Wiesel tank i must download BW mod

and i thought that Bradley as my main flag of vehicles pack cause downloading my pack

and it was very big surprise for me seeing it under ACE_... tag

everyone including ACE can put in his 7Z archive/installer VIL_.... addon and making mission with it

addons are signed, but i don't like part of my small pack (i divided big pack into 4 smaller to make it more user-friendly) under other tag and thats all smile_o.gif

belive me , keeping similar balistic paramters between mods alows you to mix many addons in one mission smile_o.gif

vilas

Which part of BergHoffs advise:

Quote[/b] ]Ditto. vilas please try to settle it through PM.

Lets keep this topic clean, thank you.

you don't understand?

Since 2 pages this thread has gone off-topic due to stuff that could have been solved by PM, MSN or whatever. Instead the usual people (including you) doing their dirty laundry in the public, bothering people which are not interested in your addon ownership stuff.

Seriously with 3 warning levels ignoring a moderators advice is the most stupid thing one could do.

I'm tired of checking this thread every hour or so because certain people are not able to determine what posts are important for the public and what should be discussed privately.

If I must come back because of another off-topic post I'll hand out PR's and WL's.

As a former soldier I do not recall being able to quickly realign myself from the prone position. It is a time consuming and tiresome process, but unless you want your hiney blown off you stay down. So you stay down.

As for not getting flanked and shot up the rear by the enemy, I recommend using teammates on the flanks doing flank security, as they should.

However, as a former break dance artist of the early eighties I find it abhorrent that I can no longer do the arma-equivalent of the crazy chicken on the ground. It is a time honored tradition of virtual soldiery and I am sad to see it go the way of the ten-second sprint-to-prone animation.

Fare thee well, Crazy Chicken...

If I have to and if I have time and space (neighbors might call the police if I do that outside), I can video tape myself with my CAR-15, PASGT helmet, and PASGT body armor, transitioning to different positions in the prone.

In a heavy firefight where you are stuck in an open area, you might not be able to transition to different directions quickly due to the level of fire coming at you.  However it's rediculous when you have enemy AI swarming your position and you can't turn around quickly to shoot some guy who snuck up right next to you without standing up and getting shot from all directions.

And yes, I've used the movement keys to turn.  

Also keep in mind that not all of us play MP matches.  Myself I don't have time for long MP games and play almost exclusively SP games.  In SP games you can not always control whether the AI stick by your flank especially when you are not the squad leader.  Furthermore often the AI has very slow response times or just ignores an enemy AI right next to them.

After thinking a bit... a good compromise might be just to at least speed up the turn ratio a tad as I know alot of work went into those prone turning animations.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

same here. maybe 50% are ok, but this reminds me to the anoying arma animations...

edit:

It seems that ACE FAQ says sight adjustment is not implemented for regular rifles.

edit

"ACE sught adjustment does not work"

Can anybody help me with the ACE sight adjustment keys, please? I reinstalled ArmA and ACE today, I used only ACE as a mod and the sight adj. functon still does not work. Shift+H for throw modes works, arrow up/down for missile launchers sight adj. works, GLaunchers range estimation works. All but adjustment for regular rifles like Ak-47 or MGs.

I use fresh install of ArmA 1.15b and ACE 1.02 on Vista 32. No other mods. I didn't change anything in ACE config files. Onyone?

"ACE sught adjustment does not work"

Can anybody help me with the ACE sight adjustment keys, please? I reinstalled ArmA and ACE today, I used only ACE as a mod and the sight adj. functon still does not work. Shift+H for throw modes works, arrow up/down for missile launchers sight adj. works, GLaunchers range estimation works. All but adjustment for regular rifles like Ak-47 or MGs.

I use fresh install of ArmA 1.15b and ACE 1.02 on Vista 32. No other mods. I didn't change anything in ACE config files. Onyone?

I can't help you. Today I posted a thread in the ACE Forum similar to this except the sight adjustments work for at first but then the adjustment for sa available scopes, the gl range and the weapon rests stop working when I get into a few missions I made. I've been told it could be RKSL stuff effecting it but not sure yet.

When you say regular rifles and mgs do you mean iron sights or rifles and mg in general. Certain rilfes don't have it afaik I know. Shift+V should bring it up on sniper rifles and the likes. Not sure if that's what you mean though.

Just tried the new version (was kind of nervous due to all the posts), but actually I kinda like it. I still can't use the rockets in the gunner position in the AH-1Zs correctly--most times either impact further ahead or below the target I'm painting with the laser as gunner. I think I'll just stick to being on the ground and let other people do it, lol. Some people just aren't meant to be in the air--I am one of these people. tounge2.gif

But yeah, I am starting to get into the new version. Liking the new weapons added a lot too.

By the way, who did the loading screens? They came out great! thumbs-up.gif

Im not a fan of the new prone system, movement in ofp is already awkward and slow, movement should be simple and intuitive with as little key presses as possible.

Personally I'd like to see AI improvements for the next patch, considering they will be a important part of gameplay with coop operations being the most frequented part of ArmA.

I don't mean making them more combat capable, that's already achievable by fiddling with AI setting, but rather making them more realistic. My main beef is how AI don't like to be inside buildings and always, always, go prone unless certain conditions are present. I understand AI coding is probably one the hardest aspects, but what I was suggesting would be a function that say for example, when AI is within blah blah range of buildings, they are forced to crouch or stand.

Also possibly talking to FFN creator to see how he coded AI to clear and take up positions in buildings? As it currently is, you can place AI in buildings, but as soon as the firefight starts, they crawl out and try to get into the streets rather than staying in what would be a superior position.

Just some suggestions, keep up the great work. <3 patch 2.