sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Just to get some reason here, since emotions seem to run hot.

- ACE mod is voluntary work. Not someone's daytime job.

- What the team is doing is essentially bolting additional stuff to the side of the game. This may cause some unwanted effects, slow downs and some things are not just possible to do.

- This work needs to be done without proper documentation of the game engine and many areas of the game cannot be touched or it is very hard or time consuming to do.

And after all the ACE mod is free. wink_o.gif

When i go to the editor and i shoot wiht a rifle i see flashes ,but when i log in on my DE server (with ace mod installed) i only see smoke comming out of my rifle, do i something wrong or is it just normal ?

Are there any plans to re-work the "jump out" feature for helicopters?

Currently the engine stops. I consider that a bug or unwanted feature since it is no different from "get out".

Is it possible to get some help removing the "Mando features", and the weapons system from all aircrafts and revert the A-10 flight-model or use Rock's flight-model?

Its currently so buggy it ruins the experience in MP for me.

A-10 weapon selection randomly reverts to Mavericks and the way helicopters with mixed payload not allowing the pilot manual fire are my biggest gripe.

Ground features in ACE are fine though.

When i go to the editor and i shoot wiht a rifle i see flashes ,but when i log in on my DE server (with ace mod installed) i only see smoke comming out of my rifle, do i something wrong or is it just normal ?

Is the time of day the same?

I have noticed on latest generation of vid cards the flash won't appear at all durring full daylight.

There are many alpha channel inconsistencies in general :/.

Were you using the exact same rifle?

Quote[/b] ]Are there any plans to re-work the "jump out" feature for helicopters?

Currently the engine stops. I consider that a bug or unwanted feature since it is no different from "get out".

I asked this already ages ago and according to some real-life pilots which were Military advisors for ACE, no-one would ever leave his running chopper alone - way to dangerous.

So it was ok for me (even though it limits freedom in some way).

Quote[/b] ]...and the way helicopters with mixed payload not allowing the pilot manual fire are my biggest gripe.

Engine limiation IMHO.

I already linked to a big discussion-topic about it some pages ago.

@Shadow: The A10 has Rocks flightmodel already........

For all those who havent read the 20 previous answers on this topic or havent tried to read the Manuell for ArmA. You can still select the gunners weapons by space + f and fire them with ctrl.

Quote[/b] ]...and the way helicopters with mixed payload not allowing the pilot manual fire are my biggest gripe.

Engine limiation IMHO.

I already linked to a big discussion-topic about it some pages ago.

I know its an engine limitation but the current result is more limitting than the regular system

Quote[/b] ]The A10 has Rocks flightmodel already........

In my experience the ACE A-10 flies like a brick whereas the default and Rock's flight-model is more agile.

In my experience the ACE A-10 flies like a brick whereas the default and Rock's flight-model is more agile.

As your are a BIS developer, Shadow (your signature say so) Ive got to say your BIS A10 is worse and flying like a brick. The ACE A10 feels much better, even sometimes easier to fly and speed up!

ArmA 1.0 + ArmA 1.5 without mods is even worse and f.king gameplay and fun.

As you work for BIS you shouldnt criticize a Mod (that makes a beta game starting to make fun) is my personal opinion. Im pretty much happy that theses ACE guys start to fix the mistakes that BIS made with ArmA! Imagine BIS without this community...

Give him a break, hes not posting on behalf of the development team.

He has the same right as us to comment and criticize.

As your are a BIS developer, Shadow (your signature say so) Ive got to say your BIS A10 is worse and flying like a brick. The ACE A10 feels much better, even sometimes easier to fly and speed up!

As you work for BIS you shouldnt criticize a Mod (that makes a beta game starting to make fun) is my personal opinion. Im pretty much happy that theses ACE guys start to fix the mistakes that BIS made with ArmA! Imagine BIS without this community...

I edited out my rant, and I apologize for it.  Sometimes this "great" community makes my blood pressure shoot through the roof.

of course he has a right to critize!

it is good that BIS play and enjoy the mods (and ACE is one of best) as that back and forth could result in better base features for arma2.

more feedback from devs in all aspects would be great.

"Flies like a brick is perhaps an overstatement, but it does have a slower turn-rate. I can make tighter turns with the two other versions. Roll-rate appears fine though.

Quote[/b] ]The ACE A10 feels much better, even sometimes easier to fly and speed up!

The ACE A-10 is the only A-10 I have yet to take off on Ramahdi with. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Same feeling here. Best to open a ticket @ ACE to double check if all went fine.

Some facts on the issue:

1. The RKSL A10 performce much better than the stock A10.

2. The ACE A10 has the same Geometry andvalues for "aileronSensitivity" and "elevatorSensitivity" like the RKSL A10.

3. Only the envelop array differs between all 3 version. Ranking stock A10 < ACE A10 < RKSL A10

I agree that the frist values of the array should be increased. That will be done. The Performance should be ideal then.

About 3 weeks after the previous patch release, we are proud to present Patch 2 to you.

Numerous bug fixes, feature adjustments and additions have made it into this Patch, see the Changelog link below.

The Ruck System has been altered to workaround a few horrible problems, and optimize network load etc. More info at the Ruck Sys Wiki.

Changelog: http://www.acemod.net/wiki/Changelog#v1.02

102small.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll84/Aushilfe/102large.jpg

Update - 591MB (already have A.C.E. installed)

You can update your Mod by running the included Updater (Windows Start Menu, or @ACE\Tools folder), or by downloading from below mirrors

(In case you update with the updater, if you get a message about sixarma-updater.exe being in use, please close the black dos window, and click Retry)

<ul>[*]A.C.E. Home

[*]6thSense.eu

[*]FOW

[*]GamingSA.com

[*] ArmedAssault.info

Full Setup - 702MB (for new/re installers)

<ul>[*]A.C.E. Home

[*]6thSense.eu

[*]FOW

[*]GamingSA.com

[*] ArmedAssault.info

A.C.E. Mod v1.02update was released together with the XEH Extended Eventhandlers 1.92 Addon by Solus & Killswitch, the official release now mirrors the A.C.E Release.

Enjoy!

Fantastic news ! Downloading now.

Thank you ALL for making this the best mod for ARMA so far !

[TAO] Kremator

Be aware guys since in this version there are no backpacks as default-loadout anymore, neither will scripted ammo to the backpack work anymore, so maybe a lot of guys must edit theire missions again.

Here is the new way of adding backpack-stuff:

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/ACE:Feature:Ruck_Sys

Read at "Update to ruck system (Jan 31 2009) ".

Be aware guys since in this version there are no backpacks as default-loadout anymore, neither will scripted ammo to the backpack work anymore, so maybe a lot of guys must edit theire missions again.

Cheers for giving people the headsup.

The rucks are now indeed not by default on the Soldiers anymore, 1.02 was first intended as test without Rucks and gather feedback, however the Ruck system was revised by Q1184 before 1.02's deadline.

Since there was quite some feedback about no Rucks, we didn't see this as a problem, however it might indeed be .. annoying to mission makers who count on them being there etc. Minor script adjustments I suppose.

Maybe we should throw up a Poll about it sometime smile_o.gif

I see some files where removed. Does this mean that if I update before finishing some missions that I will have to start over?(Like the last update where loading missions wouldn't work.)

Just curious, I can hold off until they are finished but I'd rather not wait. I play slow. biggrin_o.gif

Downloading the update right now, with hope for at least nearly normal performance, when i start ARMA with the A.C.E mod.

With the first update it was unplayable.

I see some files where removed. Does this mean that if I update before finishing some missions that I will have to start over?(Like the last update where loading missions wouldn't work.)

Just curious, I can hold off until they are finished but I'd rather not wait. I play slow.  biggrin_o.gif

In case of editing missions, you can edit the mission's mission.sqm in notepad and remove missing addons and replace vehicles from those addons.

In case of loading saved games, you can edit your save game files and remove the missing addons from the list.

(Not sure about the exact file+procedure atm though)

Quote[/b] ]Downloading the update right now, with hope for at least nearly normal performance, when i start ARMA with the A.C.E mod.

I hope the result will be satisfying, if not, please, as a test, move ace_config_useraction out of the addons folder (so the addon is deactivated), and try again.

You could also try the same with the extended_eventhandlers addon (just ignore the startup warning about it missing). This should disable all the scripted systems, and could give an insight into the problem, mostly if it is scripting or model/config related.

Just curious, I can hold off until they are finished but I'd rather not wait. I play slow.  biggrin_o.gif

In case of editing missions, you can edit the mission's mission.sqm in notepad and remove missing addons and replace vehicles from those addons.

In case of loading saved games, you can edit your save game files and remove the missing addons from the list.

(Not sure about the exact file+procedure atm though)

Quote[/b] ]Downloading the update right now, with hope for at least nearly normal performance, when i start ARMA with the A.C.E mod.

I hope the result will be satisfying, if not, please, as a test, move ace_sys_crewserved out of the addons folder (so the addon is deactivated), and try again.

You could also try the same with the extended_eventhandlers addon (just ignore the startup warning about it missing). This should disable all the scripted systems, and could give an insight into the problem, mostly if it is scripting or model/config related.

Yup I know this can be done by deleting them from the mission.sqm for mission not loading in the Editor but can it really be done for loads? If someone could explain this to me I'd really appreciate it.

Damn I wish someone would've mentioned this to me when I mentioned it after v1.01 was released. I just got back to the points I was at in the missions I started over after the last release.  confused_o.gif

Oh well, small price to pay for this fantastic mod but I'd prefer it if I didn't have to start over these missions again. I play very slow. So if anyone knows how to do this please fill me in.

yay.gif

With A.C.E 1.02 the "performance bug" is gone.

Now it`s like fluid on grease again, how it should be with one soldier alone on ACE Rahmadi. wink_o.gif

I´m very happy with that outcome, as my single core cpu will not be able to run ARMA 2 by any means.

A big thank you, guys. thumbs-up.gif

Damn I wish someone would've mentioned this to me when I mentioned it after v1.01 was released. I just got back to the points I was at in the missions I started over after the last release.  confused_o.gif

Oh well, small price to pay for this fantastic mod but I'd prefer it if I didn't have to start over these missions again. I play very slow. So if anyone knows how to do this please fill me in.

Just looked into it;

Kegetys UnRAP crashes.

Mikero Derapify works.

Mikero Rapify errors out with "ERROR: File: continue.ArmASave.txt Line 576: Mismatched quotes"

I might have to revise my earlier statement for now smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]yay.gif

With A.C.E 1.02 the "performance bug" is gone.

Now it`s like fluid on grease again, how it should be with one soldier alone on ACE Rahmadi. wink_o.gif

I´m very happy with that outcome, as my single core cpu will not be able to run ARMA 2 by any means.

A big thank you, guys. thumbs-up.gif

Awesome news! Glad it worked out for you yay.gif